We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)

Go down 
+22
SquidgyGoat
Rum
Cube
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
Jimbob
oldschool
JayMoyles
awesomedude
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
shanks
beemoh
Dusty Knackers
Treesmurf
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Admin
fronkhead
Fancy Fancy
Axis1500
The_Jaster
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 21 EmptyWed 22 Oct 2014 - 23:33

WayForward Games are a bit hit-and-miss for me. On one hand, Mighty Milky Way is magic and the Wii update of a boy and his blob had a charisma like few other games. On the other is Mighty Switch Force (which might rank as the most universally disliked game on GNamer), and those Adventure Time games that got a critical baw-bootin'. Then there's lots of okayness in between, like Ducktales Remastered and that animated Batman game on Wii and DS. The DSiWare Shantae probably falls into this area for me too: what I played of it was decent enough, but I don't think it would have made as much of an impression at retail or even on the GBA.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 21 EmptySun 26 Oct 2014 - 15:12

This is out next week on 3DS/iOS/PC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsea0hUn-b8

It's from the team behind Bit.Trip. They just changed their developer name if I remember correctly. Had a go at EGX and it's really, really good. The trailer above explains the core concepts better than I could in words, but it starts to make you panic very fast, and the controls/feel of the game are faultless.

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
WayForward Games are a bit hit-and-miss for me. On one hand, Mighty Milky Way is magic and the Wii update of a boy and his blob had a charisma like few other games. On the other is Mighty Switch Force (which might rank as the most universally disliked game on GNamer), and those Adventure Time games that got a critical baw-bootin'. Then there's lots of okayness in between, like Ducktales Remastered and that animated Batman game on Wii and DS. The DSiWare Shantae probably falls into this area for me too: what I played of it was decent enough, but I don't think it would have made as much of an impression at retail or even on the GBA.

I'd agree with this. Generally speaking their work-for-hire stuff is worse than their self-funded, original games, but even those tend to be hit and miss.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 21 EmptySun 26 Oct 2014 - 15:16

Urgh, no thanks. If the title hadn't put me off, the self-consciously retro-ness of it all would. See my discussion with Jay on the subject.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 21 EmptySun 26 Oct 2014 - 15:39

Fronk
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 21 EmptyMon 27 Oct 2014 - 9:14

Looks like a high-paced score attack game - a genre which clashes directly with its appeal as a platformer for me. I'll likely not get hold of it, though could be tempted if it ends up being cheap and/or reviews well (mind you, Siesta Fiesta reviewed well Aww! ).
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 21 EmptyMon 27 Oct 2014 - 17:50

I think if it has a competitive hook and the sort of thing where you can only keep bettering yourself for high scores in the long run then it could be highly compelling: I can't recommend PIX the CAT high enough because of it. So much fun to play and there are too many ways to optimise your playthrough on it.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 21 EmptyThu 30 Oct 2014 - 23:36

...I dunno... I love me a bit of retro, but it smacks a little of the "bad old days"; it's a high-score-type-affair, but I don't know if it has the replayability to warrant a purchase. Sorry, that's a bit negative. Aww!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 21 EmptySat 1 Nov 2014 - 12:56

I bought the iOS version on Thursday. It certainly doesn't lack the replayability, and at £1.49 I'm chuffed. Think of it like a great WarioWare minigame, if you will, there's so many ways to better your score and you pick up neat tricks with every new attempt.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 21 EmptyFri 7 Nov 2014 - 23:48

Anybody bought Shovel Knight yet? Thinking I might take the plunge, although I can't really justify it considering I have a lot of new games piling up...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 21 EmptySat 8 Nov 2014 - 10:11

Yup. First level is good fund, but I haven't had time to play any more of it yet.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 21 EmptySat 8 Nov 2014 - 10:49

Siesta Fiesta is down to £2.49, and while it reviewed well I remember a few forumites saying on here that it wasn't up to much. What's up with it? Sounds like the sort of game I'd enjoy, so I'm tempted to download...

~

That Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal demo is rubbish. Slow, samey, bitty, annoying - think a pish version of the Crash Bandicoot games on the GBA and you're not far off. I'm getting the Wii U version, but first impressions of the 3DS one are that it could be a series low.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 21 EmptySat 8 Nov 2014 - 10:52

My main problem was that it was squeaky as all hell. The voice acting grated on me no end. Also, it's really tough to fail a level - all the longevity is trying to beat the high scores. If you're a high-score fiend who doesn't mind being yelled at Rayman's Lums every four seconds (and some really annoying character design), then you'll probably get something out of it: apparently the "ball" physics are brilliant.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 21 EmptySat 8 Nov 2014 - 16:44

Rum Rapture wrote:
Anybody bought Shovel Knight yet? Thinking I might take the plunge, although I can't really justify it considering I have a lot of new games piling up...

Aye, about just a little half way done with it (I think) & it's great stuff, I've also got a lot of games piling up suddenly as well but with SK having a retro feel in how it's structured it's perfect for quick bursts of play or something to play alongside a massive single player game you might be playing.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 21 EmptyMon 10 Nov 2014 - 13:27

Balladeer wrote:
My main problem was that it was squeaky as all hell.  The voice acting grated on me no end.  Also, it's really tough to fail a level - all the longevity is trying to beat the high scores.  If you're a high-score fiend who doesn't mind being yelled at Rayman's Lums every four seconds (and some really annoying character design), then you'll probably get something out of it: apparently the "ball" physics are brilliant.

I agree with Balladeer.

To add to his comments, while the longevity is in beating high scores, the game doesn't really seem very well balanced around this: its systems don't seem to actively encourage getting higher medals, and some of the levels are too long and exacting to achieve these medals.

I think PilotWings Resort is the gold standard by which any high score-based game should be measured by.

Nintendo Life have a tendency to give a free pass to any decent Nintendo indie title, and while Siesta Fiesta isn't bad, I was disappointed that they didn't pick up on some of the things that let it down (and it certainly doesn't justify a 9/10 score in my eyes).

Still, it's well worth £2.49, I highly recommend it.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 21 EmptyWed 12 Nov 2014 - 7:33

Picross e5 tomorrow. Thank goodness that there can never be too much Picross in the world. Grin
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 21 EmptyThu 13 Nov 2014 - 0:18

I've still not got around to Picross e4. Duh!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 21 EmptyThu 13 Nov 2014 - 7:56

I think that I may actually be Picrossed out. Shocked
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 21 EmptyFri 14 Nov 2014 - 20:17

My goodness! As I'm not going to get it immediately, it seems there can be enough Picross in the world...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 21 EmptySat 15 Nov 2014 - 8:51

Enough Picross e, maybe. If they released a new proper Picross package, with animations and different music and more puzzles, I'd probably still be all over that.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 21 EmptyWed 3 Dec 2014 - 6:00

Confession time: I cracked and downloaded Picross e5. Embarrassed D'you know, it's exactly like Picross e4? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 21 EmptyWed 3 Dec 2014 - 7:28

Funny that. Razz I've thought about it a couple of times, but then it comes down to "can I be bothered to play another Picross-e?" and the answer ends up being "no".
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 21 EmptyWed 3 Dec 2014 - 7:37

I absolutely can be bothered as soon as I finish e4. It feels comforting knowing when I run out of e4 I have another game to fall back on.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 21 EmptyMon 8 Dec 2014 - 10:42

I'm not going to bore you with everything coming this week as none of you care about Hello Kitty Happy Happy Family

but these two maybe

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy £24.99
Rune Factory 4 £24.99

Both games I am tempted, I'm yet to finish the other AA game on 3DS but did enjoy what I played that I'd consider playing the series from the start and RF4 I've only ever heard good things but at £25 each and lot's to play, I won't be getting right away.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 21 EmptyMon 8 Dec 2014 - 10:54

RF4 is a day one buy for me. Been waiting since it was announced for it. I still have the old AAs on DS so I'll pass after hearing it was just the iOS ports.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 21 EmptyMon 8 Dec 2014 - 11:01

masofdas wrote:
I'm not going to bore you with everything coming this week as none of you care about Hello Kitty Happy Happy Family

e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 21 Tumblr_mf4tz1QQlw1qg82f1o1_500_large

I would be all over AAT, but I've played 'em all already. If anyone hasn't, though (especially 3), pick 'em up now! NOW I SAY!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)
Page 21 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next