We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)

Go down 
+22
SquidgyGoat
Rum
Cube
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
Jimbob
oldschool
JayMoyles
awesomedude
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
shanks
beemoh
Dusty Knackers
Treesmurf
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Admin
fronkhead
Fancy Fancy
Axis1500
The_Jaster
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 27 EmptySat 23 Apr 2016 - 16:13

Just got my teeth into the Pocket Card Jockey demo, where the better you play Solitaire, the more energy your horse has. I did fear another Nintendo Pocket Football Club-style debacle but you seems to have much more control over proceedings than in that game. It's also helped along by the bizarre story and equally sideways translation. I might get hold of it, if it's not terribly expensive.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 27 EmptyWed 4 May 2016 - 17:01

ZeroJones wrote:
Just got my teeth into the Pocket Card Jockey demo, where the better you play Solitaire, the more energy your horse has. I did fear another Nintendo Pocket Football Club-style debacle but you seems to have much more control over proceedings than in that game. It's also helped along by the bizarre story and equally sideways translation. I might get hold of it, if it's not terribly expensive.

I've just finished the demo (which I recommend itself: I got a very generous 2 hours and 42 minutes of continuous play out of it before it ended). What a strange game. As well as what Zero Jones typed above, it's got a very odd way of playing out. That said, I found the demo to be really addictive and I was entertained the whole time.

It's out tomorrow for £6.29. On one hand I want to keep playing and download the full version as soon as possible, but part of me is thinking 'is there anything else to see that I already haven't?'. Already though, I can say with confidence that this is light years better than Nintendo Pocket Football Club.

~

Tappingo 2 is down to 79p until the end of the week. I recommend the bloody arse off of that, quality game.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 27 EmptyThu 30 Jun 2016 - 19:03

BoxBoxBoy! bought, buddies! Bright box-based brainteasers blossom beautifully. Brill! Balladeer
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 27 EmptyWed 10 Aug 2016 - 13:02

Hmm! This looks like it might be worthwhile.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 27 EmptyMon 19 Sep 2016 - 12:24

Severed is out this week not only on Wii U but 3DS which will be the best place to the game as it's a handheld game and its dam good.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 27 EmptySat 1 Oct 2016 - 12:30

Has anybody got anything to say about HarmoKnight and Hydroventure: Spin Cycle? They're part of this month's My Nintendo rewards, where you can get them for a 20% discount in exchange for some platinum points. Are they up to much?

My Nintendo has been gash, but if I can get a bit of money off of games that I've been waiting to go on sale for years then it's not all bad.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 27 EmptySat 1 Oct 2016 - 12:41

HarmoKnight was fun, a solid 6/10. The non-platformy sections were a bit mince though. Worth a pop, I'd say, although I'm not good at putting monetary values on things.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 27 EmptySat 1 Oct 2016 - 19:02

Didn't rate Hydroventure much, not sure if that's because I was comparing to the Wii version though. It's got a few nice ideas, but shoving it into more boring 2d platformer esque levels took away from the nice metroidvania feel the first had.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 27 EmptySat 1 Oct 2016 - 21:29

Yeah, not sure I can wholeheartedly recommend either game. The original Hydroventure is much better than Spin Cycle; but a shadow of great fun is still good fun, I s'pose.
Harmoknight is exactly as Balla described it, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 27 EmptySun 2 Oct 2016 - 10:07

That sounds like I'd be better off saving my money - cheers folks.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 27 EmptyFri 28 Oct 2016 - 18:06

The 3DS eShop has spooky music! From... MK8, a Wii U game. Eh? Anyhoo, some right stonking bargains among the list if you dig a bit. Me, I'm just picking up Gurumin.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 27 EmptyMon 7 Nov 2016 - 11:07

There is nothing on the eShop this week. Nothing. No
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 27 EmptyMon 7 Nov 2016 - 11:13

I thought Harvest Moon was this week, must a USA thing only.

It's begun, like when the VC just stopped on the Wii. Now let's all just go wait till March.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 27 EmptyMon 7 Nov 2016 - 18:08

Fuck me, that's brutal. There's nothing even worthwhile to buy from the discounted section. Meh
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 27 EmptyMon 7 Nov 2016 - 18:23

No thanks - cheers for the offer, though. Winky Face I can recommend Elliot Quest on the Wii U side of things, but the saving is so small. No

Must try harder, guys.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 27 EmptyMon 14 Nov 2016 - 10:40

Not much better this week but I'm going to maybe download that demo.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 27 EmptyWed 28 Dec 2016 - 15:45

Tappingo and Tappingo 2 are 99p each on the eShop just now. The folk on here who play the Picross games should draw their attention to these; I think they're just as clever.

Also suggest that people have a swatch at Gotcha Racing for £2.49, while it's on sale. Hard as fuck and there's lots of grinding and RPG-style levelling up but it's an addictive and altogether solid Micro Machines-alike.

Runny Egg is a great platformer too, just £1.25. Good sense of humour and speed - much to like.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 27 EmptyFri 30 Dec 2016 - 22:30

Can recommend the Tappingo games too, especially at that price. Will definitely give Runny Egg a go as I've heard good stuff about that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 27 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 12:21

Blimey, SEGA are having a half price sale on pretty much all their 3D games on the eShop (no Sonic, mind)! £2.24 for the sort of classics our Cappa's been talking up for ages. I can recommend 3D Streets Of Rage 2, as well - a fine little scrolling beat 'em up, the likes of which you rarely see any more...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 27 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 13:23

Beat 'em up's just involved in my eyes to the likes of Bayonetta.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 27 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 20:19

I'd argue the genre is entirely different - beat 'em ups are mindless good fun bashing in dudes, where your Devil May Crys and Bayonettas ask for a more refined touch.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 27 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 20:23

I see as limitations of the times that going taking out the dudes was simple but with better technology and control methods, you can still bash the dudes to death, now with more finesse.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 27 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 20:26

Nah, that simplistic fun is lost if you compare the two. You'll get absolutely bashed in if you try and mash through Bayonetta, but you can easily have a button-mashing fun ol' time in Streets of Rage.

It's a shame though as Zero's quite right - the beat 'em up is a dying breed. The last decent one I can think of from the top of my head is Scott Pilgrim.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 27 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 20:49

We'll have to agree to disagree as like I said to me likes of Bayonetta and Devil May Cry are the modern day equivalent of the classics like Streets of Rage and Golden Axe, okay is more of Hack 'n' Slash but same applies.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 27 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 22:56

SEGA 3D Classics Collection Thumbs Up!
3D After Burner II Thumbs Up!
3D Altered Beast Thumbs Down...
3D Ecco the Dolphin Thumbs Down...
3D Fantasy Zone Thumbs Up!
3D Fantasy Zone 2 Thumbs Up!
3D Galaxy Force 2 Thumbs Down...
3D Gunstar Heroes Thumbs Up!
3D Out Run Thumbs Up!
3D Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master Thumbs Up!
3D Space Harrier Thumbs Up!
3D Streets of Rage Thumbs Up!
3D Streets of Rage 2 Thumbs Up!
3D Super Hang-On Thumbs Up!
3D Thunder Blade Thumbs Down...

:homer:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)
Page 27 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next