We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Great accomplishments

Go down 
+8
mandlecreed
JayMoyles
spacemanDOUG
beemoh
shanks
Admin
Balladeer
fronkhead
12 posters
AuthorMessage
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Great accomplishments Empty
PostSubject: Great accomplishments   Great accomplishments EmptySat 23 Mar 2013 - 1:38

I was playing F Zero GX today with two friends today, and it made me realise how big a learning curve that game had - it took me four years of on-and-off play until I properly mastered it.

Unlocking the AX Cup and beating all cups on Master Difficulty (as well as mastering the handling model and track layouts) has to rank as one of my videogame accomplishments.

What are your in-game accomplishments? Anything so challenging or concentrating demanding that it's worth a mention? Cheese Bridge's Secret Exit is a favourite of mine...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Great accomplishments   Great accomplishments EmptySat 23 Mar 2013 - 7:25

Nothing of note really (although I did make the Cheese Bridge exit). I tend to be pretty easy-going when it comes to videogames.

Did you beat story mode as well, Spork?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Great accomplishments   Great accomplishments EmptySat 23 Mar 2013 - 11:23

Finishing the Pokémon Platinum National Pokédex has to count, right? Without digging my copy out, I can't remember if it took me 200 or 300 hours, but those were hours of complete focus on the 493 Pokémon in the index. I still feel burnt out from that, and haven't attempted another Pokédex since.

I also managed Cheese Bridge as a child, and I only bit my SNES controller once.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Great accomplishments   Great accomplishments EmptySat 23 Mar 2013 - 11:46

I guess completing the National dex in Diamond which was the first time I completed it
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Great accomplishments   Great accomplishments EmptySat 23 Mar 2013 - 12:23

Actually managing Knights Of Cydonia on Hard in Guitar Hero 3.

There's a bit near the end where it's all guitar-wankery and I could never do it.

Except this one time, and the bit after it sounds so victorious, almost as if it was designed to have a GH difficulty spike in front of it. The bit before it even sounds like a lead up to a challene.
Back to top Go down
spacemanDOUG
Payne Brother
spacemanDOUG

PostSubject: Re: Great accomplishments   Great accomplishments EmptySat 23 Mar 2013 - 15:27

I used to be really good at Call of Duty.

Like really good.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Great accomplishments   Great accomplishments EmptySat 23 Mar 2013 - 19:26

I finished Through the Fire and the Flames on GH3 on Hard once. I'm using "finished" very loosely here, as I in no way played the song well, but through liberal abuse of Star Power and some luck, I seized the day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
mandlecreed
Bokoblin
mandlecreed

PostSubject: Re: Great accomplishments   Great accomplishments EmptySat 23 Mar 2013 - 20:39

The only one that's really stuck out for ages (for some reason) is finishing MSR. That final race on Chapter 25, me in my Evo against a bunch of Nissan Skylines. It felt utterly epic, I still remember pausing it halfway through the race to calm down a bit Laughing and when I did it I was bloody chuffed to bits.

Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/mandlecreed02
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Great accomplishments   Great accomplishments EmptySun 24 Mar 2013 - 1:17

An MH Tri accomplishment for me was KO'ing a Deviljho with a lance shield bash.

This is a deviljho
Great accomplishments Deviljhovshunter
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Great accomplishments   Great accomplishments EmptySun 24 Mar 2013 - 8:27

Like Stu, I finished the Gen IV Pokédex, although mine was on Pearl. I still aim to actually have properly owned all the Pokémon in that 'dex at some point.

That aside, I've finished SMB and SMB3 without using a warp in the past.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Great accomplishments   Great accomplishments EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 19:00

Woo! Perfected a song on the hardest difficulty on Project Diva f. Never again.

Great accomplishments BGs_qJpCEAEczEq
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Great accomplishments   Great accomplishments EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 19:19

Balladeer wrote:
Did you beat story mode as well, Spork?

My question still stands. I'm not interested in your GX achievements unless you've aced story mode. Naughty
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Great accomplishments   Great accomplishments EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 19:35

Blimey, forgot to answer that question!

Only on normal mode. Took me years until I beat chapter 7 (the Grand Prix one).
Back to top Go down
nupkin
Stability Update
nupkin

PostSubject: Re: Great accomplishments   Great accomplishments EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 22:55

I got 100% (or was it in fact 105% ??) in Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble on the SNES. It was the first occasion I "one-hundred-per-cent-ed" in any game that you couldn't complete in one sitting. I've done the full monty in other games since but this felt like a massive achievement as it was the first time.

Great accomplishments Original_DKC3_box_US
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Great accomplishments   Great accomplishments EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 11:04

Completing Repton 3
*gets coat*

*comes back in*
I'm serious.
*leaves again*

Safer answer: finishing Eathbound. I can't bring enough concentration to number RPGs, and I probably muddled my way through some of the combat, but it was massively rewarding. Hey, Nintendo - I'll pay £50 to do it again.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great accomplishments   Great accomplishments Empty

Back to top Go down

Great accomplishments
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: Gaming Miscellaneous :: General Gaming Discussions-
Jump to: