We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing

Go down 
+13
SuperPaperLink
Jimbob
Darunia
shanks
mandlecreed
Buskalilly
beemoh
Admin
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
fronkhead
The_Jaster
Balladeer
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013 - 22:03

Man, there was something unsettling about the Spyro underwater sections. I think it was down to these guys from Spyro 2.

Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 2 Robot_shark
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 2 EmptyFri 29 Mar 2013 - 0:02

If you managed to get the camera to go behind the counter, the man who runs the fishing lake on Ocarina of Time is a floating head and shoulders.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 2 EmptyFri 29 Mar 2013 - 1:34

Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 2 519502-windwakercyclone

I remember being quite scared of these cyclones the first time I saw them on Wind Waker, they look ominous when it is raining and dark.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 2 EmptyFri 29 Mar 2013 - 2:19

I hate when spiders from minecraft...yes minecraft jump on you from out of no where.

F ing bollox I'm saleing this....oh wait it's a download game. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 10:59

The_Jaster wrote:
I hate when spiders from minecraft...yes minecraft jump on you from out of no where.

Oh crap, Minecraft's genuinely terrifying - I think it's the fact that your world can be permanently knackered if things go wrong. I'm still playing it regularly, and I'm running out of iron as I'm too much of a wuss to go digging.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 11:12

"Ghosts... don't... die!

Heh heh heh! Can you get out of here...ALIVE?"

Pale
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 11:21

Jimbob wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

Oh crap, Minecraft's genuinely terrifying - I think it's the fact that your world can be permanently knackered if things go wrong. I'm still playing it regularly, and I'm running out of iron as I'm too much of a wuss to go digging.

*SSssssSSS* BOOM
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 15:35

Jimbob wrote:

Trick is to get into a good routine of spamming torches EVERYWHERE in caves.

I don't know how deep you've gone into the inner workings of Minecraft, so I'll spoiler this

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 18:07

Jimbob wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

Even worse is when you get lost (which is all the time for me) from your house, wandering about snow covered woods isn't fun. Pale

@beemoh: I like the good old fashioned tactic of building a giant tower to escape mobs.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 18:21

What formats are we all playing on? It might be worth paying each others' worlds a visit sometime...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 20:45

I'm on my laptop, but even on the lowest settings Minecraft lags my laptop to high heaven. I really ought to get a new one.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 21:57

JayMoyles wrote:
I'm on my laptop, but even on the lowest settings Minecraft lags my laptop to high heaven. I really ought to get a new one.

have you tried OptiFine?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 22:13

I haven't! I've not played Minecraft in ages because of the lag issue, so I may look into that mod and hopefully get the game running at an acceptable pace.

Edit: Just to get back on topic: man, that lag issue in Minecraft... Spooky or what?

Last edited by JayMoyles on Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 22:14; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 2spooky4u)
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Apr 2013 - 1:00

Not played in a while but I was using my laptop as well (when it worked)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Apr 2013 - 7:23

JayMoyles wrote:
Edit: Just to get back on topic: man, that lag issue in Minecraft... Spooky or what?

Suspect
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 Oct 2013 - 14:24

The day to resurrect this thread?  I think so.  Here's a pretty good article from ONM.

Also, a personal experience: the first time I hit Route 15 on Pokémon X/Y (you know, the one with the off-kilter music and the ghost monsters), I wandered into the orange grass, and my first fight was a horde battle against five Murkrows.  It was like The Birds in my 3DS.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 Oct 2013 - 23:19

Speaking of Pokémon XY (which was the reason I popped into this thread myself), I heard there's meant to be some creepy woman on the second floor of one of the buildings in Lumiose City. Anyone able to explain what it is I'm missing?

I've combed the city and its buildings before, so either I wasn't paying attention to NPC dialogue (as I do when I go into auto mode while playing Pokémon) or I didn't 'get' it.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 Oct 2013 - 23:51

fronkhead wrote:
Speaking of Pokémon XY (which was the reason I popped into this thread myself), I heard there's meant to be some creepy woman on the second floor of one of the buildings in Lumiose City. Anyone able to explain what it is I'm missing?

I've combed the city and its buildings before, so either I wasn't paying attention to NPC dialogue (as I do when I go into auto mode while playing Pokémon) or I didn't 'get' it.
This still seems to be a mystery. Properly unexpected.

Also, at work* we were talking about Under the Well and the Shadow Temple from LoZOoT. I know those places are bound to be spooky, but it really is a big jump in atmosphere compared with everything else.

*that's right - we talked about Zelda AT WORK
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Nov 2013 - 1:41

The one they mentioned from Pikmin 3 really creeped me out and I think I've just realised why, the creature and chasing part reminds me of a reoccuring nightmare.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Nov 2013 - 1:43

Earth Temple in Wind Waker anyone? Brrr.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Nov 2013 - 1:47

I just did that on HD and it was made all the less unsettling by the revelation that I can just keep throwing bombs at THEM THINGS before they even get a chance to spot me. The hands are still scary when they reach out though, can't argue with that.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Nov 2013 - 1:58

OH JESUS WALLMASTERS. Ugh. No 

Almost as bad as this guy:

Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 2 Zant%27s_Hand
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Nov 2013 - 2:26

Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 2 Puppet

The way those things danced towards you. Brrr.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Nov 2013 - 8:40

Scary Smurf wrote:
I just did that on HD and it was made all the less unsettling by the revelation that I can just keep throwing bombs at THEM THINGS before they even get a chance to spot me.
WW Re-Deads are rubbish anyway, as I think we've already discussed. As for the boss - pffffffft. This is a real Zelda scare:

Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 2 Dead-Hand

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Nov 2013 - 13:32

The constant threat of losing gta V data Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing   Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next