We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last game you finished and your thoughts

Go down 
+27
The Christ
Cube
Buskalilly
ZeroSuitSamus2
awesomedude
Rum
ShadoWolf
SuperPaperLink
Vidofnir
mandlecreed
beemoh
Dusty Knackers
The Cappuccino Kid
NintenDUCK
Jimbob
Treesmurf
Admin
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
fronkhead
Balladeer
Silver light
nupkin
ZeroJones
Athrun888
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 31 EmptySat 26 Jul 2014 - 13:49

Only the ones who use Twitter.

...oh.

Winky Face 
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 31 EmptySun 27 Jul 2014 - 9:02

JayMoyles wrote:
I had to Google that, but stunning punnery there ZJ. Laughing

Balladeer wrote:
Puntastic, that one.

Cheers, guys! My limited knowledge of Spanish came through beautifully. Grin
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 31 EmptySun 27 Jul 2014 - 19:43

Quick thoughts because i'm feeling lazy

Pokemon TCG Game (3DS VC) - Still as fun as it ever was back on the GBC. Still as generally easy and somewhat luck based, too, though. It'd be nice if we got a modern new game like this, but like they'd ever do that. Would projectedly eat into the card sales too much for their liking.

Dynasty Warriors 8 XL Complete Edition (Vita) - Square Square Square Square Triangle Square Square Square Square Triangle Triangle. Etc. Pretty brainless, but it's decent dumb fun when you're in the mood for it. Framerate can be shit even after the patch, though.

Super Mario Sunshine (GC) - Galaxy was so much better than this. At...well, pretty much everything. Also, whoever at Nintendo thought the chuckster stage was a good idea must've been drunk.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 31 EmptySun 27 Jul 2014 - 19:47

You not seen my idea Silver, pokemon trading ar cards for a new trading card game on 3DS.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 31 EmptyTue 29 Jul 2014 - 11:30

Pop'n'Twinbee (SNES - VC) - on co-op, Level 3

I can't do bullet hell shooters at all. Luckily my sister can (you get 5 continues; I used 5 continues. Hannah used 0 continues. *sigh*)
I know that this genre has the occasional minor resurgence, but when this game first came out, the SNES/MegaDrive/PCEngine software library was full of the buggers - "Star Soldiery Blazing Type-ius Twin Something"; all identical silver triangles in space, shooting down similarly silver spheres, that swirl in to view for no logical tactical reason. This was completely different; a pastel-shaded cutesy kids' TV Anime style; bad guys are sentient vegetables and fleets of pandas (who, to be honest, look like they just happened to be in the wrong place). Full of Engrish, and happy J-Pop, it takes me back to a happier time, when the fledgeling Sky TV channel used to import some cheap kids' cartoons from America and Japan (anyone remember Mrs. Pepperpot?). Twinbee featured in Konami's joke shoot-em-up Parodius; the joke sort of falls flat with this game as it's kind of like that anyway.
I guess from a gameplay standpoint it might be a little limited by today's standards, but it was fascinating reading about the love for this game on MiiVerse.

Therefore, I'd say... 7.5/10 - with a +1 Nostalgia score = 8.5/10.

P.S. - this game also has, in its option menu, a Couple mode, so that your game-phobic girlfriend / baby sibling can play as Winbee, and all the bad guys shoot at Twinbee. My sister and I used that mode when she was 5; we should probably swap round now!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 31 EmptyTue 29 Jul 2014 - 20:40

I'm quite fond of Twinbee - glad to see it still holds up. In other news, you can tell from the cut of my jib that I've just finished

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars

Only three years late! The ending is so underwhelming that I'm just going to jump straight to the score:

15/20
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 31 EmptyThu 31 Jul 2014 - 8:59

Double post! My apologies.

Siesta Fiesta

You play as a guy's bed, essentially, as he bounces around the screen off it, breaking blocks and such, in a side-scrolling Breakout clone. Sounds like fun, right? Well, the game made two big mistakes: a), the 'ball' can bounce off-screen without any indication of where you are (but reach a certain height and a yellow arrow marks its position), and b) objects in the foreground can completely obscure your paddle. If you can cope with that - they drained a good portion of the fun for me - there's a lot to like here. The graphics are cute, the music is nice, and there is a lot of variety in the levels. Not being such a fan of score attack games, I'm going to give it

12/20
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 31 EmptyThu 31 Jul 2014 - 9:07

I think that's probably going to be a game I never finish. As Fronkhead mentioned, the voice-acting is from the same school of awful that did Rayman's Lums, and I'm no great fan of score-attacks either.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 31 EmptyThu 7 Aug 2014 - 16:33

Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow: Mirror Of Fate

More of my 3DS backlog falls. C:LOS:MOF is good fun, although I probably shouldn't have played it on Easy, where it was too, er, easy. Playing on a higher difficulty might also have helped spin out the run time: eleven hours wasn't enough time to be spending with a game this well-crafted. The combat favours spectacle - as the whole game does, really - and the whole thing comes recommended... although not at full price.

16/20
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 31 EmptyThu 7 Aug 2014 - 20:29

A fair review, ZJ, although I'd have given it a much lower number. I'm just not keen on the whole "colourless gothic" thing, and the music is immensely forgettable.

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition!

Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 31 Large

This game be crazy yo! It's Metroidvania with a great combat system and humour that hits more than it misses - what more could you ask for?

Maybe a bit more length, but it's an indie game and you get what you pay for. (It lasted me just under 10h, doing most of the side-quests and stuff.) Maybe a few more obstacles that weren't just coloured blocks, then? Making the yellow blocks Olmec heads or something would have felt more authentic. And maybe a few less of the winged ball things in the picture, because they're horrible.

These are quibbles. Guacamelee succeeds on the platforming, the combat, and the exploration. It succeeds on the characters, the graphics, and the music. Maybe it also succeeds on the multiplayer - I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised.

Nueve De Diez

Should I be a bit worried that two of my favourite games on the Wii U are multiplatform downloadables? Neutral 
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 31 EmptyThu 7 Aug 2014 - 20:46

It's probably something obvious but I can't remember what the other game you're referring to is Balla, which is it?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 31 EmptyThu 7 Aug 2014 - 20:52

Child of Light.  Together with MK8, those three are the games I'd give 9/10 to on the console.  DKCTF, RLegends and possibly SM3DW are 8s.

Once again, Balladeer provides far more information than anybody apart from himself could possibly give two shits about, and then makes a self-deprecating comment about it.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 31 EmptyThu 7 Aug 2014 - 21:06

Ah, I wouldn't have guessed that! I'd probably swap that for Legends Razz
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 31 EmptyThu 7 Aug 2014 - 21:59

Not really Balla, some of my PS4 games at the moment are downloadable's and there getting better and better, so know surprise at all.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 31 EmptyThu 7 Aug 2014 - 22:37

balladeer wrote:
Should I be a bit worried that two of my favourite games on the Wii U are multiplatform downloadables?  Neutral 

You're clearly only a few steps away from this  Winky Face 

Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 31 1993393-IXrDRjWKQ-fFEPdP
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 31 EmptyThu 7 Aug 2014 - 22:48

Erotic.

Concerning.

Erotic.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 31 EmptyFri 8 Aug 2014 - 8:51

What happened to making that avatar-sized, Jas? Razz 

masofdas wrote:
Not really Balla, some of my PS4 games at the moment are downloadable's and there getting better and better, so know surprise at all.  

Exactly.  It's saying that the Wii U line-up (in my eyes) is PS4-levels of quality, which is worrying.

Last edited by Balladeer on Fri 8 Aug 2014 - 10:08; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : It's all in the placing of the "is".)
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 31 EmptyFri 8 Aug 2014 - 9:51

Balladeer wrote:
A fair review, ZJ, although I'd have given it a much lower number.  I'm just not keen on the whole "colourless gothic" thing, and the music is immensely forgettable.

The aesthetic did drag, you're right, but it's Dracula's Castle - the sort of bright colours that Mario or Rayman games throw around with wild abandon would be a tad out of place. Agreed on the music, too, though parts of the credits song did send shivers down me.

Balladeer wrote:
Should I be a bit worried that two of my favourite games on the Wii U are multiplatform downloadables? Neutral 

No! Downloadable titles seem to be where the genuine creativity is these days: Child Of Light, Scram Kitty and Guacamelee! are one heck of a hatr-trick for the eShop (with Shovel Knight and more to come) and, in the days when HD remakes are avoiding the Wii U, I'm just happy to get the multiplatform downloadable games at all.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 31 EmptyFri 8 Aug 2014 - 12:05

I was trying to say like Zero about downloadable titles, wouldn't matter on which of the three systems that the best games are likely at the moment be a download game or a port in the BBBoP case maybe aswell.

I don't if your statement is knocking the U or PS4, that after nearly two years the best the U has to offer is the same as a system that's only 9 months old and should be better the the PS4. Or that that the PS4 levels of quality aren't great but only been 9 month's but the U is down there with it even after nearly two years.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 31 EmptyFri 8 Aug 2014 - 12:15

ZeroJones wrote:
The aesthetic did drag, you're right, but it's Dracula's Castle - the sort of bright colours that Mario or Rayman games throw around with wild abandon would be a tad out of place. Agreed on the music, too, though parts of the credits song did send shivers down me.

I get the feeling that the old Castlevania games didn't have the same problem, though. MoF's aesthetic was like Castlevania crossed with the dull greyish-browns of your average military cover-based shooter. They could have hurled some ethereal lighting around, more stained-glass windows and so on.

Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 31 Castlevania-Dawn-of-Sorrow-Cool-Weapon
Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 31 Mof2

I know that the former looks a lot less depressing to me. Still, at least it had the humorous-sounding goblin towers.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 31 EmptyFri 8 Aug 2014 - 13:06

masofdas wrote:
I don't if your statement is knocking the U or PS4, that after nearly two years the best the U has to offer is the same as a system that's only 9 months old and should be better the the PS4

It can be argued of course that the wii U's line up is better.

balladeer wrote:
What happened to making that avatar-sized, Jas?  Razz 

erm...... *runs*

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 31 EmptyFri 8 Aug 2014 - 18:31

Yeah Mario Kart 8 & Super Mario 3D World makes the U better at the moment compared to the PS4.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 31 EmptyFri 8 Aug 2014 - 20:09

Stop forgetting Pikmin 3 guys, that's the best damn game on the system!
Back to top Go down
Xelviar
Boo This Man .Gif
Xelviar

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 31 EmptyFri 8 Aug 2014 - 20:39

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

Okay maybe I've not done EVERYTHING for the 100% Valve trophy but I've had a blast as the dual-dagger maniac who was a pretty good sneak. Time to retire from it and enjoy other games.

8/10 (A few bugs and bullshit *1000 bounty off a CHICKEN anyone?* doesn't ruin a fantastic title on the PC)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 31 EmptyFri 8 Aug 2014 - 20:44

Skyrim's something I mean to go back to someday. I didn't really dip my toe too deeply into it - reckon next time I'll load it up with a ton of mods and dive in properly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last game you finished and your thoughts
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next