We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last game you finished and your thoughts

Go down 
+27
The Christ
Cube
Buskalilly
ZeroSuitSamus2
awesomedude
Rum
ShadoWolf
SuperPaperLink
Vidofnir
mandlecreed
beemoh
Dusty Knackers
The Cappuccino Kid
NintenDUCK
Jimbob
Treesmurf
Admin
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
fronkhead
Balladeer
Silver light
nupkin
ZeroJones
Athrun888
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 EmptyFri 7 Nov 2014 - 23:37

Yeah some great game's yes but GOTY worthy not many and your pick from what you've said before is clearly dark souls 2.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 EmptySat 8 Nov 2014 - 16:58

I think you're being very harsh there & yes DSII is up there but so is Alien Isolation, I'm also currently really enjoying shovel knight so that could get thrown in for me as well (and probably others I'm currently forgetting) so my point stands that I think there are more than 2 GoTY contenders.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 EmptySat 8 Nov 2014 - 17:23

Maybe I am but when someone like you says DSII one of your favourite game's of all time, I can't really see how alien: isolation comes close.

I see it maybe like this the ballon d'or has 23 best footballers on it each year but we all know only Messi or Ronaldo will win it. So alien isolation could be of those 23 games but Bayo 2 & DSII are Messi & Ronaldo.

But like I said I'm yet to play either and I've got no means to play DSII, so when I do play Bayo 2 take spot from Child of Light.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 EmptySat 8 Nov 2014 - 21:15

mas wrote:
Maybe I am but when someone like you says DSII one of your favourite game's of all time, I can't really see how alien: isolation comes close.

I don't think I ever said that about DSII even though there's no denying I love it to bits otherwise I wouldn't have sunk so many hours into it but I love how different Isolation is which I spoke about in this very thread & how it absolutely nails how to do an Alien game.

Also I love when a game grabs you and pulls you into the world and both DSII & Alien Isolation done that to me.

mas wrote:
I see it maybe like this the ballon d'or has 23 best footballers on it each year but we all know only Messi or Ronaldo will win it. So alien isolation could be of those 23 games but Bayo 2 & DSII are Messi & Ronaldo.

Good analogy but that still doesn't mean that folk won't have a certain preference over a particular game (or football player for that matter) & think one is better than the eventual winner.

mas wrote:
But like I said I'm yet to play either and I've got no means to play DSII, so when I do play Bayo 2 take spot from Child of Light

I've got a wee issue with what you're saying here, I don't get how you can say that about a game you clearly and admitted to that you haven't played yet it's like you already have your mind made up based on what everyone else has said about it & not your own opinion.

It comes down to preference again and you could easily find yourself not liking it (bayo 2/DSII) as much as other folk did.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 EmptySat 8 Nov 2014 - 21:26

Mario Kart 8 is the best game this year, and it's only been released on one console. End of argument. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 EmptySun 9 Nov 2014 - 16:46

MK8 would be one of those 23 Balla.

Yeah many times Jas you've said DSII one of your favs and I remember you saying about the 13th wasn't high enough on empires top 100.

And what I said was we all know what GOTY it's between Two games really Bayo 2 & DSII, I never said there MY GOTY but I expect after I play it Bayo 2 moves into first.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 EmptySun 9 Nov 2014 - 21:50

mas wrote:
Yeah many times Jas you've said DSII one of your favs and I remember you saying about the 13th wasn't high enough on empires top 100.

That was the first dark souls.

mas wrote:
And what I said was we all know what GOTY it's between Two games really Bayo 2 & DSII, I never said there MY GOTY but I expect after I play it Bayo 2 moves into first.

....and I only disagreed with that statement.

--------

Anyhow back on topic I've not long finished Shovel Knight & I highly recommend that all of you buy it, however I'm not going to put down a score as I feel I have a bit of unfinished business with it still & the speed run feat really interests me so I want to attempt/practice that somewhere down the road.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 EmptySun 9 Nov 2014 - 21:58

That's my bad on the Dark Souls games.

I just pointing out like you said my opinion might be different to the consensus of what's GOTY but unlikely.

I will be getting Shovel Knight on Friday (payday) along with MK8 DLC, so don't how much play time I will get with it.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 EmptyMon 10 Nov 2014 - 13:15

If the game was released this year then you can vote for it surely? We had the same discussion last year with Wind Waker but there was no way that wasn't going to get my vote, remake or not.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 EmptyMon 10 Nov 2014 - 13:30

But that's a different thing you were voting for best game on WiiU. If i were voting best game on ps4 it be the last of us (journey when it comes to ps4) but would even consider it for GOTY 2014 as it's not NEW for 2014. If it's anything released in 2014 some SNES game could be GOTY then.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 EmptyTue 11 Nov 2014 - 1:27

That's not different at all, I've not played any PS4 games but if I did there'd be a good chance The Last of Us might have been my number one this year, it was still a game made for release in 2014, it's still something available on a console it wasn't available for last year. I've no idea what you're trying to get at with the SNES game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 EmptyTue 11 Nov 2014 - 8:28

Hate to wade in, but this discussion has gone on for about a page now and is nothing to do with the last game anyone finished, and nor does it seem to be going anywhere.  It could probably be in the random gaming thoughts thread, if it needs to be somewhere.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 EmptyTue 11 Nov 2014 - 16:49

Yeah sorry Balla,

I just don't know how people can't understand the simple concept of a game of the year has to be a game that came out that year and not a port etc, Hence the SNES game bringing brought up as a certain SNES game let's say donkey kong country came out this year on the Wii U and wasn't on it last year, So would you consider it GOTY 2014 of course not as it's from 1994 not 2014 same principal would apply to The Last of Us remastered and why it's been discounted for GOTY on pretty much every gaming media outlet under the sun.

I will leave at that but like I said if you are doing some sort of award for GOTY, I think you need to make it 100% clear what the award is as if it's any game released in 2014 be port, VC, whatever then Journey (if it comes this year) gets my vote now.

Back on Topic with

Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 Call_of_Duty_Advanced_Warfare_Logo

So I've just finished the campaign of COD: AW and this years was surprisingly good thanks to fine work from Troy "I'm only in everything"Baker and Kevin Spacey, it's a simple of enough plot all wrapped in a summer blockbuster style but as they brought up on the rotating platform it's all nicely polished.

Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 CallofDutyAdvancedWarfare_KevinSpacey

But the main reason COD sells is not for it's Mr Bay esq campaign but for it's online multi player, normally I play them for about 6-8hrs get to about rank 30 then get bored. I'm around that now and I want to keep playing thank to it's main modes, maps etc now with added Titanfall style boost jumps but due to more content out of the box I would give this the edge over that.

Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 Call-of-Duty-Advanced-Warfare-Features-smart-grenades

There's also a Survival Mode which adds to the package, overall it's a great package and puts COD back on track hopefully this continues with these now 3 years dev cycles that the teams can continue to being decent experiences.

9/10

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 13 Nov 2014 - 20:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 EmptyThu 13 Nov 2014 - 21:11

The Unfinished Swan, PS4

Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 The-Unfinished-Swan

So I've just finished the critically acclimated indie title Unfinished Swan, it's visually stunning and is a unique puzzle experience.

It takes a few hours to finish the story which is a sort of fairytale.

Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 Unfinished-swan-castle-vines

8/10
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 EmptyMon 17 Nov 2014 - 7:17

Jimbob will be pleased.

EarthBound

EarthBound is a lovely thing. The graphics are not the best (it's like playing a GBA game through the Wii U), a small number of the songs stink and the battle mechanics are really basic but the story, invention and subversiveness more than make up for it. It's a challenge - sometimes unfairly, I think - but big JRPG fans should really give it a stab. I'm glad I played it.

18/20
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 EmptyMon 17 Nov 2014 - 7:41

Ach. The game still languishes on my Wii U, deserted precisely because of those downpoints you mention. While the towns were filled with interesting people and ideas, get out of them and the lack of dungeon design, combined with bloody horrible enemies and a combat system that's as dull as the extended works of Nietzsche, puts me off.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 EmptyTue 18 Nov 2014 - 6:32

It's a game that's more than the sum of its parts, for me. The lack of signposting makes it difficult to get through without a guide and battles are harsh until you've got about three characters... but I've got the thing Drunka sometimes talks about where you finish a game and feel sad that you're not playing it anymore. Haven't had that in ages. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 EmptyTue 18 Nov 2014 - 17:34

Super Smash Bros. 3DS

After being sure I'd never finish it, today I finished it. By which I mean, I cleared the last panel of Challenges. Lots of hours, leaving me vs. 3 lv. 1 CPUs in the background while I did other things. As Phlirps said about that football club game, you shouldn't have to not play most of the game to beat it.

The Challenges remaining, then, are "Get 20 Streetsmash KOs by banging people into each other" when I'll probably never touch Streetsmash again; "Get all Smash Run powers" when I'll probably never play Smash Run again; and "Get all the custom thingies", which I might still try to do. Nothing wrong with a bit of Trophy Rush every so often.

As for my full review, it's in the "Last game you DIDN'T finish" thread, and that may be wrong but the rest still applies. Great game, Smash on the bus, but feels undercooked in areas.

8/10
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 EmptyTue 18 Nov 2014 - 21:10

Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 Maxresdefault

I want to start with a salezzz rant, there's 7m Wii U's and this has only sold 320k, every Wii U owner who's not bought this should be a shamed. No wonder there had to be a operation platinum for this and that was just to get this to 1milion.

And why the rant this is that dam good, it does everything the first does but better.

I don't what to go to much in it as I know Zero & Drunka yet to play it and have it.

I will say one thing best game I've played this year, best game I've played on the Wii U, could be in my Top 25 games of all time. It's the bench mark for all games like this going forward in the genre if we see devil may cry 5/DmC 2 or Ninja Gaiden 4 etc they will have to be compared to this.

9.8/10
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 EmptyWed 19 Nov 2014 - 0:06

ZeroJones wrote:
Jimbob will be pleased.

EarthBound

EarthBound is a lovely thing. The graphics are not the best (it's like playing a GBA game through the Wii U), a small number of the songs stink and the battle mechanics are really basic but the story, invention and subversiveness more than make up for it. It's a challenge - sometimes unfairly, I think - but big JRPG fans should really give it a stab. I'm glad I played it.

18/20
Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 7f931f73b8c671fd4c1e597df5c03515113fb19201cdfe838bafb7422730b5e5
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 EmptySun 23 Nov 2014 - 8:27

Shovel Knight

Shovel Knight is a fun game, a well-crafted game, a loved game. My initial thought that it was a love letter to NES-era Capcom never changed throughout and, although I found it frustrating at times, it's a big heap of fun. An amazing achievement for a small studio... but it's not quite at the very top of its class. The Mega Man influences occasionally give SK the problems that that series has: the level design can be slightly repetitive and lack surprises. That aside, it's a definite recommendation.

17/20
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 EmptyThu 27 Nov 2014 - 13:39

Freedom Wars

Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 JjVSPU3f0MxkK

Rawr!

So, the latest game to fall by the wayside (although I'm still playing.)   If you've played any monster hunter type game before then you know the basic core of the game is battling boss class monsters and getting loot from them to get ever higher quality gear with which you use to slay ever more powerful monsters, repeat.  

Presentation was slick, with the game doing an excellent job of crafting the feeling you were trapped by a system to work for it, and the feeling one gets as they climb the ranks and recieve more and more rights was a satisfying one.  

Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 IVGdxb9ADAu7G

Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 IJ5I5rIIYU2eS

Combat was fun and frequently rather intense due to the boss class monsters, or abductors as the game calls them. The player can choose from six weapon classes, all with varying weapons.  I myself use a knife because I like to focus on severing parts off an abductor and my sub-weapon is a short range short clip high powered gun, while my accessory is kitted out with a rocket launcher to support from afar.  Although players can opt for other choices, including a buster sword, spear/javelin, and several heavy artillery type weapons with varying styles.  

The player also has a "thorn" at their disposal, a vine like extendable rope that latches on to surfaces and enemies and opens up some really fun combat potential.  Think the hookshot from 3d Zelda, only you get to use it on everything and it's heavily integrated in to the combat.  Various things you'll use it for is hanging on enemies (such as severing parts off them), and latching on to their legs to pull them over and stun them.

Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 I3BknBRKfbfwa

Story was passable.  It gets the job done, and nearer the end did actually entertain (although the less said about the ending the better), and the villain while nothing new provided a good enemy for the player to hate and want to take out.  

Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 IrzOPFzFZNhPP

As far as the graphics and background music goes, the graphics had a good sense of style and flair to them, as for the music, well, it got the job done although outside a few themes wasn't really anything to write home about.  

Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 I1JZgaOAjs9u

Overall rating: 7.5 out of 10

It's too flawed to call it amazing, or even a must have, but it was a damn fine time and if we ever get a sequel (lord knows they left things open enough Meh ) could become something really amazing.  If you own a vita definitely consider checking it out and joining your local Panopticon!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 EmptyTue 2 Dec 2014 - 22:47

Thomas Was Alone, PS4

Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 1024x575

So instead of playing some big triple A title that's just come out, I played this which I think tells you how good it is.

The games is a simple you start of playing as Thomas a red rectangle in a simple puzzle platformer, then more charterers are introduced during the game whom can do different things like John who's a big yellow rectangle whom can jump further. The idea is to get the characters to the end of the stage and line them up with portals which are set over 10 levels in each of the 9 chapters.

Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 7637_thomas-was-alone-1

So the gameplay is simple but fun, the reason why it's so good is what is in those two screenshots that writing which is being narrated by Danny Wallace. It gives every character personality and reason to go through there game to see what ends up to Thomas and the rest of the characters.

The story telling is up there with games like Last of Us or Bioshock, I was emotionally invested come the end.

Also if you checked out the Nintendo music week you know the soundtrack is also rather good.

9/10

Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 EmptyThu 4 Dec 2014 - 17:07

Zone of the Enders HD Edition

Pros:

-Short and sweet at about seven hours long
-Piloting a sexy mecha, and piloting it feels satisfying
-1 vs 1 equal fights with the rival mecha felt amazing to play

Cons:

-Awful whiny protagonist was awful and whiny. I have grown very bored of the "I refuse to kill anyone" archetype.
-Not the deepest combat in the world
-Game feels more like a glorified demo than a full retail game
-Only three fights with the rival mecha, not that there weren't more bosses but the combat system truly shined in those fights

Overall rating: 7/10, has the potential to grow but as it is it's just a fun few hours. Albeit a few hours of glorious mecha action. Jehuty is now officially my favourite mecha design ever, drop dead gorgeous machine with a very sleek and powerful design.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 EmptyThu 4 Dec 2014 - 17:11

Always thought of it as a free game when bought with the MGS2 demo,

I did enjoy it back on the PS2 but I don't the second game is all that great & didn't do well hence why we've not seen Z.O.E3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last game you finished and your thoughts
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next