We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?

Go down 
+25
kerr9000
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Spiralcannon2-CW
EofGizmo
ssmmdd
The Cappuccino Kid
Fastpie
gjones
oldschool
Treesmurf
Cube
Jimbob
mandlecreed
Dusty Knackers
ZeroJones
fronkhead
JayMoyles
Silver light
Balladeer
Vidofnir
The_Jaster
masofdas
beemoh
Admin
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 7 EmptyTue 24 Mar 2015 - 14:57

ZeroJones wrote:
Seasons/Ages don't get the credit they deserve. Brilliant games, the pair of them - though some of the puzzles on Ages are obscure! There's a thread about 'em knocking around somewhere... or a big discussion shortly after they were released on the 3DS VC, at least. Neutral

I've got both of them on 3DS - got them during a sale a wee while back. It's a shame that we've not seen Capcom return to the Zelda series.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 7 EmptyTue 24 Mar 2015 - 14:58

Didn't Capcom do Minish Cap as well.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 7 EmptyTue 24 Mar 2015 - 15:18

They did, but that's still over ten years ago. They had a handle on the handheld Zeldas for a good while, and then it just stopped. Having said that, I'm not sure if anything of Capcom's Zeldas come close to ALBW.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 7 EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015 - 18:55

No, none of the Capcom Zeldas touch ALBW; this despite my soft spot for all of them. Sad

For me, it's Kid Icarus: Of Myths And Monsters, now Shantae has been dispatched. It takes a few steps on from the original NES Kid Icarus but it's not that much easier to control Pit, sadly.

Last edited by ZeroJones on Tue 31 Mar 2015 - 22:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 7 EmptySun 29 Mar 2015 - 21:35

More Batman on NES for me. Shit me, it's hard.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 7 EmptyMon 6 Apr 2015 - 12:27

Never had the pleasure, Stu - hope you're making progress nonetheless!

My retro gaming of the moment is primarily concentrated around Super Mario 64. Its camera is infuriating me with furious fury.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 7 EmptyMon 6 Apr 2015 - 12:31

Ayup, same here.  Also the flying controls.  Currently on 15 stars regardless, and I'm confident that I'll get used to them.

...This is the sort of post that makes me worry whether my SM64 thread is in the wrong sub-forum. Hashtag adminproblems.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 7 EmptyMon 6 Apr 2015 - 12:34

The flying I've found similar enough to Super Mario World's to be able to cope. Thumbs Up! I've got 12 Stars and have resolved myself to the fact that most of my SM64 knowledge and skill has evaporated like so much mountain dew. Drama queen
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 7 EmptyMon 6 Apr 2015 - 15:29

I've been deliberately playing "Extreme Mario 64" - e.g. Whomp's Fortress, where you're supposed to grab on to the owl? I got into the cage from the cannon. Then, as you've all just mentioned, I tried to get the red coins in the red cap level, and I discover I can no longer do the flying. Back to being a noob... Aww!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 7 EmptyTue 7 Apr 2015 - 19:18

I always found the flying physics in Mario 64 to be a bit odd. You kinda knew where you stood with it in Super Mario World, but momentum seems to be much more easily lost in its younger brother.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 7 EmptyFri 10 Apr 2015 - 11:40

A bit of Fire Emblem (GBA) on Wii U VC, only got to Chapter 5 on Lyn mode but seems good so far.

I really need to play more FE games and the two GBA ones are the easiest to play due to cost of the Cube & Wii games, the DS isn't that much but still more then I would like to pay for a DS game.
Back to top Go down
Fastpie
Boo This Man .Gif
Fastpie

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 7 EmptyFri 10 Apr 2015 - 14:00

I am currently splitting my time between LTTP, DK: King Of Swing and Diddy's Kong Quest. Also just bought The Minish Cap but haven't cracked that open yet.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 7 EmptyFri 10 Apr 2015 - 17:51

King of Swing! What an underrated little gem that was. One of my favourite DS games.
Back to top Go down
Fastpie
Boo This Man .Gif
Fastpie

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 7 EmptyFri 10 Apr 2015 - 19:20

Not gonna lie, I'm kinda struggling!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 7 EmptySun 12 Apr 2015 - 9:10

Still Fire Emblem, played a bit last night whilst watching MOTD, as it's the sort of game you play on the gamepad which is basically a big GBA.

Got to chapter 8 after doing the side quest in chapter 7 which I lost 3 people and haven't seemed to gain much for doing that side quest.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 7 EmptyTue 14 Apr 2015 - 17:02

Fastpie wrote:
Not gonna lie, I'm kinda struggling!

It's tricky to get the hang of, but once you do there's no stopping you. I really must give that game another go myself...
Back to top Go down
Fastpie
Boo This Man .Gif
Fastpie

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 7 EmptyTue 14 Apr 2015 - 19:40

True, the only thing stopping me is how fast I can load up Gamefaqs.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 7 EmptyTue 14 Apr 2015 - 19:48

Is that the one based on Clu Clu Land? That was a double hard game, and no mistake! Good luck with it, Fasty.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 7 EmptyTue 14 Apr 2015 - 22:01

The only level I recall struggling on was the one with the bloody tornado in it. You'll be flying along dem pegs in no time. Cool
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 7 EmptyWed 22 Apr 2015 - 6:52

Still Super Mario 64! Last night I opened up more of the castle, and got access to my second favourite level: Wet-Dry World. The Mario version of the Water Palace. Enjoying it now, though the fact that the camera is wielded by a wild and disobedient drunk doesn't help. No
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 7 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015 - 9:53

I went back and reloaded a save on Fire Emblem and did much better as I only lost one character in the side quest this time.

But I'm thinking of playing Twilight Princess again (Cube version, so retro) and this is where I would like to be able to stream / capture retro but seems a bit of a pain to do so, hence why I would like to try like Zero has done with his first time play / game videos just aiming the camera at the screen but course wouldn't be as good.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 7 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015 - 17:28

You could try emulation, if you own the original game. The Cube/Wii emulator is really well optimised these days.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 7 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015 - 18:58

Got no controller for my PC and I doubt it could run a Cube game.

There is away around it for retro consoles for capturing with adapters etc but is a bit of a pain.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 7 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015 - 19:12

Yeah, only other suggestion I have is getting a capture card.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 7 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015 - 20:39

I did look at camera's in Currys for EGX, so that is option I think still.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?
Page 7 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 28  Next