We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?

Go down 
+25
kerr9000
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Spiralcannon2-CW
EofGizmo
ssmmdd
The Cappuccino Kid
Fastpie
gjones
oldschool
Treesmurf
Cube
Jimbob
mandlecreed
Dusty Knackers
ZeroJones
fronkhead
JayMoyles
Silver light
Balladeer
Vidofnir
The_Jaster
masofdas
beemoh
Admin
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 10 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2015 - 9:24

I've never played it because it was a Master System game and I've not played much on it. But from just looking it up, it got positive reviews back in the day and in recent years from retro sites.

I'm still playing FFVII, I'm really getting into it. I'm a little bit further on from the train yard / the drag mission, can't wait to see that in the remake.

My playtime is about 3hrs and I know from the game being out for so long, I've got so much more to see and do but unlike another JRPG I feel like I've done something in that time.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 10 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2016 - 23:15

Sorry, I know this is mostly me on this topic (and I'm afraid I haven't played FF7 so can't directly comment mas), but, with more Megadrive goodness:

Sonic 3: Now that I've played all the original Sonics*, and actually liked 2 quite a bit, I can also accurately state that it really did peak there. Sonic 3 starts shoving the style on instead of substance. There are a couple of contraptions that forced me to rage-quit - the spinning top thing and the uppy-downy barrels, which give you no feedback of (a) whether you've "locked" into using them, and (b) which button input is having an effect. The levels are much bigger as well - ideally this would mean exploration, as the multiple paths through a level are definitely a big thumbs up for 2D Sonic. But they left the 10 minute timer in place, a throwback to the original game, when your journey was much shorter. The music is AWESOME though.

*edit: Actually I've still got to do Sonic and Knuckles.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 10 EmptyTue 26 Jan 2016 - 15:11

The problem with 3 is that it was cut in half that you don't get the full experience in till you play Sonic 3 + Knuckles then it's one of the best 2D Sonic's.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 10 EmptyTue 26 Jan 2016 - 23:37

Hmmm... I dunno... I don't think the Classic Collection emulated game-stacking, so I can't try it, but... I've just Wikid up on the differences with the games stacked. (I know, 20 years too late). Some of those first levels were unbearable, so I don't think it would've changed my personal opinion. I will play S+K though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 10 EmptySat 30 Jan 2016 - 10:31

I thought it would had it as one of the collections of Sonic games on GameCube etc has Sonic 3 + Knuckles (I'm sure it has) that the Mega Drive Colection would have the same content in terms of Mega Drive games.
Back to top Go down
ssmmdd
Splatted Goomba
ssmmdd

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 10 EmptySat 30 Jan 2016 - 15:12

Does playing Banjo Kazooie on the Xbox One count?
Back to top Go down
http://www.lloyd.hosting
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 10 EmptySat 30 Jan 2016 - 16:33

It would, we talked about this before and retro games be it that or Sonic for Jimbob in collections are still retro games that some of us may of not played since they came out but want to talk about them with you.
Back to top Go down
ssmmdd
Splatted Goomba
ssmmdd

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 10 EmptySat 30 Jan 2016 - 16:36

Well I'm playing that at the moment. ^.^
Back to top Go down
http://www.lloyd.hosting
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 10 EmptySun 31 Jan 2016 - 17:29

Quite a few things for about 1 minute in the form of sport games on the Dreamcast but the best game was Street Fighter Alpha 2 on the SEGA Saturn (best version), it looks and plays fantastically still in 2016.

It's a little weird going from SFV on PS4 to this on the Saturn but even so it's still Top Tier.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 10 EmptyThu 11 Feb 2016 - 11:15

Got a few more seconds into Final Fantasy 7. I tell you, being tied to the save points for - yes! - saving is going to kill me. Where's the quick save, Square-Enix? Wheeeeeeeere?!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 10 EmptyThu 11 Feb 2016 - 14:09

There's plenty of save points though, that I don't see that as a problem.

I need to go back to FFVII but to many games and it's a download that's it not going anywhere also I've not made time for it in the last 19 years that I think I can wait a bit longer.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 10 EmptyThu 11 Feb 2016 - 15:34

I've just started a week's annual leave, and I was looking forward to firing up the Mega Drive for the first time in over five years...

...but I can't find it! All my retro consoles are set up as they have been for ages, but the Mega Drive isn't there. I might have drunkenly tidied it away. Or it's been stolen. Duh!

Anyhoo, with that disappointment aside, I made a start on the first Crash Bandicoot on the PSone. Still really good, but it's still not on the level of the N64's best.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 10 EmptyThu 11 Feb 2016 - 15:38

Crash 2 & 3 are up there as some of the best platforms around though.

Shame about the MD situation.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 10 EmptyThu 11 Feb 2016 - 19:43

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

Anyhoo, with that disappointment aside, I made a start on the first Crash Bandicoot on the PSone. Still really good, but it's still not on the level of the N64's best.

I went back to Crash Bandicoot fairly recently and I got so frustrated with it - it's brutal in the later stages. I preferred its sequels. Doesn't make it a bad game, though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 10 EmptyWed 2 Mar 2016 - 10:10

The Psone crash games are still good though i do agree that the first can be brutal at times! It may be controversial but im a big fan of Wrath of Cortex and TwinSanity as well. As time has passed the are still decent Crash games compared with the last two efforts on Newer consoles!

Also Crash Bash.... even as a kid thats one hell of an innuendo Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 10 EmptySat 5 Mar 2016 - 17:07

Just finished Mother
Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 10 Maxresdefault
I SAID IT'S CALLED MOTHER

You can definitely tell it's running on the absolute limit of the NES' capabilities; story points feel "truncated" (made even worse by the need to quickly adapt into English) and sometimes you're not quite sure whether something you've done is significant. It's also pretty bad at hinting at your next step. But I still stuck with it, as there's plenty of the quirkiness that we saw with Earthbound. If you only play one, play the sequel, as it's Mr. Itoi having another, "proper go" at his idea. But this was still grand, and I'm pleased to have this on my "list".
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 10 EmptySun 6 Mar 2016 - 11:26

I've made it to Magicant in Mothearthbound Beginnings and need to pick it up again. It doesn't play anywhere near as badly as I'd feared, so that's cool.

My big non-Pokémon Blue retro game of the moment is The Mysterious Murasame Castle, of all things. I did a bit of research on how to actually play it and finally got to the first castle! Dance It's a really challenging arcade action game - not the type of thing I normally enjoy, to be honest, but because it uses a lot of the original Zelda game's assets, I've got into it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 10 EmptySat 14 May 2016 - 17:18

I can now show you, I will try to do at least one DC game a week heading to Z. Like I put in the description any thing you want me to play let me know, can also do Wii U.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 10 EmptySat 14 May 2016 - 19:48

masofdas wrote:
I can now show you, I will try to do at least one DC game a week heading to Z. Like I put in the description any thing you want me to play let me know, can also do Wii U.

Nice! I was just thinking of buying another Dreamcast but this series of videos may save me a bundle.

I'm playing 3D Streets of Rage on 3DS, and I've sunk tens of hours in to it already, even though it's a game that is completed in 30 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Spiralcannon2-CW
Grackler Bait
Spiralcannon2-CW

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 10 EmptySat 14 May 2016 - 22:21

Super Street Fighter 2 and you can guess easily why I decided to play that specific version of the series... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.101gamers.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 10 EmptySun 15 May 2016 - 10:16

gjones wrote:
masofdas wrote:

Nice! I was just thinking of buying another Dreamcast but this series of videos may save me a bundle.

Isn't it more likely it's going to make you want to buy the best console of all-time again, as when I get to to the crème de la crème of the Dreamcast and you see the first 15 minutes of Shenmue for instance.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 10 EmptySun 15 May 2016 - 12:55

masofdas wrote:
gjones wrote:
masofdas wrote:

Isn't it more likely it's going to make you want to buy the best console of all-time again, as when I get to to the crème de la crème of the Dreamcast and you see the first 15 minutes of Shenmue for instance.

Perhaps. Although I'm looking to get a PSP or Xbox (I have Shenmue 2 but my 360 doesn't play the old games as it's got an unofficial hard drive).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 10 EmptySun 15 May 2016 - 13:16

It's ages ago now, but I did article on the PSP on Gintendo.

Might be worth checking out.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 10 EmptyTue 31 May 2016 - 13:46

Golden Sun, and this time I'm going to stick with it! *is distracted twenty seconds later by a floating piece of dust and plays Bravely Second instead*
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 10 EmptySat 18 Jun 2016 - 10:33

As predicted above, I got distracted. Embarrassed For some reason I'm on Kirby's Dream Course (must be related to me having played Planet Robobot recently). I'm save state scumming my way through it and have just landed on Course 6. If you've never played it, KDC is actually pretty innovative: you're essentially playing a game of crazy golf with Kirbs as the ball, who retains all his powers. Go through certain enemies and you'll copy their abilities and get to use them on the course. Bizarre and frustrating but fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?
Page 10 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 28  Next