We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Go down 
+20
The Christ
beemoh
fronkhead
Rum
Jimbob
Admin
Solve My Maze
Vidofnir
SuperPaperLink
Treesmurf
Axis1500
Sentinator
Balladeer
shanks
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
Buskalilly
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Empty
PostSubject: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 15:58

Just announced in Nintendo direct

Miyamoto has been hinting at this for a while, but here it is. A new game with its own story and dungeons, set in the world of ALTTP. (and presumably starring the same Link and Zelda)

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Image_54538_thumb_wide930The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Image_54537_thumb_wide930The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Image_54536_thumb_wide930

Doesn't really look to be pushing the hardware, but apparently it makes good use of the 3D to give dungeons a sense of depth and play with verticality. Obviously, a day one purchase for me.

The most annoying thing was that this was shown in the US and Japanese Nintendo Directs before ours, so while I was sitting through the GUILD 02 games, I had this totally spoilered by Twitter.

Last edited by Buskalilly on Wed 17 Apr 2013 - 16:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 16:04

I can't wait for this and wind waker hd, and the orcale games. Good time to be a zelda fan.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 16:05

masofdas wrote:
I can't wait for this and wind waker hd, and the orcale games. Good time to be a zelda fan.

Definitely! I'm actually in the "I don't know where I'll find the time for all these games" zone at the moment. And to think, people were calling it a games drought . . .
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 16:06

This was the highlight, I love LTTP so anything related is pretty exciting. I think top down Zeldas suit handhelds best.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 16:56

Nothing ground breaking going by that, but since it's Zelda I'll have to pick this up. I'm probably weird for wishing this was a remade Majoras Mask though.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 16:59

Athrun888 wrote:
Nothing ground breaking going by that, but since it's Zelda I'll have to pick this up. I'm probably weird for wishing this was a remade Majoras Mask though.

I can't remember if it was Nintendo Gamer or ONM, but speculation was made that Nintendo but might be making this and leaving a Majora remake to Grezzo. Not unfeasible.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 17:27

So excited for this & the oracle games, it looks really nice in 3d as well. Dance Dance Dance
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 20:42

A Link To The Past remains my favourite Zelda game - and I've played all the Nintendo ones (no-one counts the CDi ones, do they?). I've been crying out for a new top-down Zelda since Spirit Tracks left me slightly unfulfilled. Brilliant stuff, very excited! Dance
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 0:32

I'm more excited for the Oracle games then this at the moment, I think because it's not what I expected graphics wise
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 7:23

I did not see this coming! LttP wasn't my favourite Zelda game, so I'm hoping that this will have more character than the SNES original and more people to talk to. I'll enjoy it regardless, though!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Sentinator
Bokoblin
Sentinator

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 7:43

I like the way he has OOT 3D Link's face.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 7:54

Just realised that Paper Link looks very like the Link shown in a certain scroll at the start of Wind Waker.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Wwalttp

Given WW is getting remade, it can't be coincidence.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 9:38

Just seen the trailer, and the hieroglyph idea looks really nice! It was seeing Link walk out of a window that sold me. Looks like there will be great use of the 3D effects too. Grin
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 9:41

@Axis1500 Everything in Zelda is a reference to something in a previous Zelda! That is uncanny, mind.

@Balla Yes indeed, the paper Link thing looks awesome. Probably the best bit I've seen so far.
Downloaded the 3D trailer from the eShop and gave it a quick watch on my tea break last night. I don't think it showed anything new, particularl, but it looked nice. I'll give it a proper perusal later.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 10:22

What I didn't realise was that the game uses the exact same overworld as the SNES original. Down to the positioning of the trees (although not the grass). I am... a little more sceptical now? Not much, mind you.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 10:51

Well, wouldn't it be strange if it wasn't the same world? They did say it was set in the same world at the announcement after all & it's the dungeons that make or break a Zelda game.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 11:59

If done well, the same overworld thing could work really well. We've never really revisited a Hyrule Link already saved before, have we? It could be interesting. And as long as the plot sends us in new directions and the dungeons are good, it doesn't really matter. They all have vaguely the same overworld anyway.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 12:18

Yes, after a little thought it's not such a bad thing. They could do some interesting stuff if they take the same world and change certain things. Gives them a good chance to play with our expectations as well. (You thought there was a desert here? Whoops, now it's a pond.) That said...

The_Jaster wrote:
...it's the dungeons that make or break a Zelda game.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds 1643966-lex_luthor_wrong_super

Dungeons are important, don't get me wrong, but it's the exploration of the world and the character interaction that make Zeldas for me. Maybe less so for the 2D ones, which tend to be more dungeon-focused (although Minish Cap did it fairly well); that's why I don't tend to like them as much!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 13:26

Axis1500 wrote:
Just realised that Paper Link looks very like the Link shown in a certain scroll at the start of Wind Waker.

Spoiler:

Given WW is getting remade, it can't be coincidence.

I wonder if this has any ramifications for the timeline then. Maybe they're going to combine the timelines or something, they probably need to do something so they can bring Ganondorf back at some point.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 18:02

@balla: Well, you already know that I prefer 2d zeldas over the 3d ones so its obvious dungeons are a big deal for me, oddly though I'd say the sense of exploration is better in the 2d games.

P.S Is that the first use of the 'wroooong' picure on Gnamer? If so I'm honoured Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 18:04

Do you know, I think it might be? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds EmptyFri 19 Apr 2013 - 0:03

Watching the video reminded me of playing through Phantom Hourglass and with that being one of my favourite DS games I'm properly excited for this, the 3D effect looks pretty good too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
SuperPaperLink
Stability Update
SuperPaperLink

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds EmptyFri 19 Apr 2013 - 10:45

Now I'm super stoked that I'm ordering a 3DS today Grin
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds EmptyFri 19 Apr 2013 - 17:27

treesmurf11 wrote:
Watching the video reminded me of playing through Phantom Hourglass and with that being one of my favourite DS games I'm properly excited for this, the 3D effect looks pretty good too.

yay! Someone else who enjoyed PH. I was starting to think everyone else in the world hated it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds EmptyFri 19 Apr 2013 - 18:07

I didn't hate it, I just found it disappointing as a Zelda game. Lack of character and the Grand Central Dungeon being the main reasons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next