We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies

Go down 
+5
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Admin
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies Empty
PostSubject: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies   Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 19:01

We all know it was coming, but officially confirmed on Nintendo Direct:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/04/professor_layton_and_the_azran_legacies_coming_to_europe_this_year

Oddly, America isn't receiving this until next year.

Do any of you have the energy for a sixth - and final - Professor Layton game? Has The Miracle Mask whetted your appetite?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies   Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 19:03

Due to it landing after I lost my 3DS I haven't had a chance to play the last one yet, but I definately will pick this up when I have.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies   Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 19:04

I still haven't played any game in the series beyond the very first one. Laughing

I wonder if this will be the last proper Layton?
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies   Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 20:47

Yes! Professor Layton games are in a list of titles that I'd stop playing anything else for, alongside Mario, Pokémon and Phoenix Wright games. I love them and am sad to be reminded that this is the last intended PL title. Aww! I'm sort of sure that that was just a PR thing... well, I hope it was, anyway! :affraid:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies   Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 20:59

Better the series go out on a high, though, before the puzzles start getting copy-pasted (how many of those teasers can there be?). Still though, this feels like one of those series that's been around forever and will forever be around.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies   Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 21:03

Stu_the_great wrote:
Better the series go out on a high, though, before the puzzles start getting copy-pasted (how many of those teasers can there be?). Still though, this feels like one of those series that's been around forever and will forever be around.
It's a good point - some of the puzzles have felt very familiar. If I have to solve more than two moving block puzzles in Azran Legacies, I will scream the house down. Plus, there are only so many ways you can disguise what is, essentially, a very pretty puzzle book.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies   Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 7:18

Heck yes I have the energy! I love these games. Like Zero, although I'm sick of certain puzzle types (I spend at least three hint coins on every sliding block puzzle), I'm sad to hear that the Professor will be taking a break: at the same time, I'm hopeful that it will allow another franchise to fill its place!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies   Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 12:16

ZeroJones wrote:
Stu_the_great wrote:
It's a good point - some of the puzzles have felt very familiar. If I have to solve more than two moving block puzzles in Azran Legacies, I will scream the house down. Plus, there are only so many ways you can disguise what is, essentially, a very pretty puzzle book.

I agree that there is a certain 'Layton Logic' that makes a few of the puzzles quite easy if you've played previous games in the series, but Miracle Mask did an excellent, excellent job of giving those puzzles (and the way you go about your business in one of these games) a new lease of life.

On the subject of older Layton games, I urge everyone to rush out and pick up Miracle Mask for only £14.99 in HMV. If you haven't played Layton before, a lot of people think The Lost Future is the series highlight, and it's available on ShopTo for only £7.85 - http://www.shopto.net/3ds-ds/ds/DSPR16-professor-layton-and-the-lost-future
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies   Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 14:15

I should be excited about this, but so far my brain has only seen Layton 6 as Professor Layton and The Diminishing Returns, the final chapter. A perception I expect to evaporate once launch day rolls around and I'm actually playing the thing.

That being said, I *do* really enjoy the Layton games (especially the puzzles), but I just can't muster up the enthusiasm to continue playing Miracle Mask as it takes me ages to progress through the game (I really need to stop searching for the hint coins I rarely use, and I keep retalking to NPCs in the hunt for new puzzles).
Back to top Go down
Fancy Fancy
FMK Tagline
Fancy Fancy

PostSubject: Re: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies   Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 19:08

I'm certainly looking forward to it though I also need to finish Miracle Mask first.
Back to top Go down
nupkin
Stability Update
nupkin

PostSubject: Re: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies   Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies EmptySat 20 Apr 2013 - 9:51

I think I'm going to snap this one up as I love puzzle games and I really need to exercise this old brain of mine! It sounds like Miracle Mask dragged on a bit though. For those who completed it, was it worth the slog?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies   Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 8:13

Miracle Mask was an unusual PL game. Normally there's an epic puzzle-off at the end and an awesome set of reveals - in Miracle Mask neither of those things really happens. That made it a little disappointing for me, although the Wi-Fi puzzles, and the as ever super tough unlockable ones, are making up for it!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies   Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 8:44

MM perhaps isn't the best in the series - there was a plot twist, but everyone could see it coming and then things fizzled out dramatically. Puzzles are still good, mind!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies   Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013 - 12:19

Another one that snuck up out of nowhere. Saw an advert today saying it'd be out on the 8th of November. I'm thinking that I'll keep this back for December, to enjoy after I finish writing my November novel, but is anyone picking it up earlier?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies   Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013 - 15:23

Nope, I'm just catching up on MM at the moment so this will likely be a christmas game for me (as the others bar MM were)
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies   Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013 - 16:12

This is the first Layton game since the original that I don't intend on picking up on release day or sooner. There's not really any reason for that. I'm just...not. I like all the Layton games, but this is one for later.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies   Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013 - 21:01

Boo_the_great wrote:
I still haven't played any game in the series beyond the very first one. Laughing

I wonder if this will be the last proper Layton?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies   Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies EmptyTue 29 Oct 2013 - 20:40

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
This is the first Layton game since the original that I don't intend on picking up on release day or sooner. There's not really any reason for that. I'm just...not. I like all the Layton games, but this is one for later.
Nor will I, for the simple reason that I want to finish Pokémon X beforehand. It's sad, really - I've invested so much in Layton over the years.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies   Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies EmptyTue 29 Oct 2013 - 22:56

Will get this eventually, but I still haven't started Miracle Mask....
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies   Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies EmptyWed 30 Oct 2013 - 9:31

I think Miracle Mask has put me off playing any more Layton games, though I'll probably pick this up down the line when I feel more up for solving some of Layton's unique blend of logic puzzles (Ace Attorney has kept me busy with its own).
Back to top Go down
Fancy Fancy
FMK Tagline
Fancy Fancy

PostSubject: Re: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies   Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies EmptySat 23 Nov 2013 - 11:56

Really want to buy this, but as I'm a cheapskate now, it's going to have be £15 or under for a purchase to be made.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies   Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies EmptySun 24 Nov 2013 - 10:44

I still haven't brought myself to buy the first 3DS outing, let alone this one. I'd be more inclined if I'd bothered to play a game beyond Curious Village. Meh 
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies   Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies EmptySun 24 Nov 2013 - 16:55

Have none of us bought this? Pale
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies   Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies EmptySun 24 Nov 2013 - 17:04

We're going to have to start talking about the weather instead, aren't we?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies   Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies EmptySun 24 Nov 2013 - 17:06

I'm getting this first thing in December, to tide me through until Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies   Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies Empty

Back to top Go down

Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next