We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread

Go down 
+18
Zaphod_B
masofdas
Solve My Maze
LikesVideoGames
Treesmurf
fronkhead
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Axis1500
Jimbob
Balladeer
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
Admin
Dusty Knackers
The Cappuccino Kid
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 20:37

The original Prime is easily among my top ten games ever, and probably in my top 5.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 20:42

Yeah, it's in my top 10 as well, no questions asked. If you give it another go Mas, I'd recommend playing at least up to Phendrana Drifts. That gets you a good feel for the game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 20:55

Top 10 lol it's not even in the Top 25 GameCube games.

That's the snow sort of zone, I didn't get that far I was bored way before then. I just don't get the appeal what so ever of the games or series, as when Fusion came out. I checked out reviews and videos etc & just looked so boring & dull.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 20:58

You're definitely in the very small minority then in regards to your opinion. Very bizarre, considering you said you enjoyed Shadow Complex which draws so so heavily from Metroid.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 21:18

I just been Googling Metroidvanias and I've played only a few with most I didn't like. So it might just be the genre I don't like but then Andy picked Arkham along with someone else for TRP and that's a great game.

So Metroidvania might be to me what JRPGs are to Cappa but he still likes the odd one with Pocket Monsters in.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 15 Mar 2015 - 13:49

JayMoyles wrote:
I'd say Super Metroid or Fusion are solid entry points for the series. The Prime games really are fantastic though, so you should make an effort with them. The first game has one of the most hauntingly lonely atmospheres in any game I've played.

Balladeer wrote:
The original Prime is easily among my top ten games ever, and probably in my top 5.

Agreed with all that's said above in this post, in fact Prime has one of the best crafted worlds in a game ever and even Dark Souls wouldn't have been the same had Prime never existed.

It's just an absolute classic that still holds up 13 years later.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 15 Mar 2015 - 14:06

I just don't get it and can't see how it can be in a Top 10 of anything (well Metroidvanias) with things like Mass Effect, Super Mario Galaxy, The Last of Us, Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy IX, Resident Evil 4, Shenmue II, Journey, Super Smash Bros Melee, Pokemon RBY all existing.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 15 Mar 2015 - 14:11

"Fun" fact - whether I've been given them for free, found them in a charity shop or got them cheap on eShop, I've actually got every single Metroid game ever made in some form. The longest I've spent playing any of them is probably Super Metroid, at roughly three hours.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 15 Mar 2015 - 15:51

Every single one of those games you've mentioned, Mas (that I've given a fair shot at), I'd put MP up over. OoT3D comes close, very close, but Hyrule Field counts against it; and SMG is just me being a bit odd. But it's a blinder of a game.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 15 Mar 2015 - 22:12

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
"Fun" fact - whether I've been given them for free, found them in a charity shop or got them cheap on eShop, I've actually got every single Metroid game ever made in some form. The longest I've spent playing any of them is probably Super Metroid, at roughly three hours.

Are you not a fan, or have you not given them a proper chance Cappa?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 15 Mar 2015 - 22:40

JayMoyles wrote:
The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

Are you not a fan, or have you not given them a proper chance Cappa?

A bit of both, really. I tried, but the ones I have played, they've never grabbed my attention.

The first Prime was unfortunate as I went on holiday just as I was getting into it. Nine years later, I've not returned to it. I enjoyed what I played of Other M, but unskippable cutscenes in a sci-fi game which had been critically panned for it's shite storyline completely put me off. I got too lost in Super Metroid to be arsed trying to retrace my steps, in truth.

Basically, I've thrown in the towel on them too easily.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon 16 Mar 2015 - 0:54

You should definitely revisit the Prime series. The third one gets a bit iffy with its story elements (the characters are awful) but they're all quality games.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu 19 Mar 2015 - 20:59

With Club Nintendo now having games one I've got my eye on I would have to buy two 250 points of eBay or something but that one is Metroid Fusion.

Is it worth getting.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri 20 Mar 2015 - 2:56

Yes! Also with it's more linear approach you may enjoy it more than the other 5 minutes of Metroid's you have played.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri 20 Mar 2015 - 7:03

For my money, if you've hated Metroids in the past, mas, there's no reason to think that you'll like this one any better.

*expects boothisman.gif at any time*
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri 20 Mar 2015 - 7:52

But I like other games in the genre and as fusion is meant to best intro to series thought I might give it a go. It would cost me about £3 to get the remaining points I need, it is the only game that looks remotely interesting on Club Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri 20 Mar 2015 - 8:01

Yeah I'd recommend it. You can still explore for extras and such, but there is actually a goal. I actually made it through the the final(maybe) boss.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 21 Mar 2015 - 19:23

masofdas wrote:
I just don't get it and can't see how it can be in a Top 10 of anything (well Metroidvanias) with things like Mass Effect, Super Mario Galaxy, The Last of Us, Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy IX, Resident Evil 4, Shenmue II, Journey, Super Smash Bros Melee, Pokemon RBY all existing.
"journey is a good game" Klaxon! Razz

I've only ever gotten as far as the snow area in Metroid Prime and I can still recognise it's a classic, it was the difficulty that undone me but Im definitely going back to it soon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 21 Mar 2015 - 19:30

You might not think it is but you must see why people do like it and why it's one of the most acclaimed game's of all time. But then again I don't see that with the metroid games, I do with most game's like GTA I'm not much of fan but I get why it is a good game in so many people's eyes.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 21 Mar 2015 - 19:40

Nope, just don't get it, it tries far too hard to be something special, doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as something like Metroid Prime which absolutely delivers at what it sets out to do which is create an unforgettable experience.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 21 Mar 2015 - 19:42

I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree as I would put your sentence the other way around.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 21 Mar 2015 - 20:53

Journey literally does nothing special/well. I don't think anyone can say it is good objectively.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 21 Mar 2015 - 21:01

Apart from, y'know, all the people who do. Razz
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 21 Mar 2015 - 21:57

Balladeer wrote:
Apart from, y'know, all the people who do. Razz

Thumbs Up! It's lot of people that agree with me but not on here but as it is more art then game it is kinda more understandable as I don't think a unmade bed is art but it was.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 21 Mar 2015 - 22:19

It's a weird one - from what I've seen of Journey, it isn't a particularly good "game", but it seems to hold up as a truly unique experience in videogaming. Metroid Prime is certainly the better videogame.

Fun fact: as seen here, Metroid Prime inspired a blog called "The Citizen Kane of Videogames", dedicated to finding example of games journos referring to games as the Citizen Kane of videogaming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next