We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread

Go down 
+18
Zaphod_B
masofdas
Solve My Maze
LikesVideoGames
Treesmurf
fronkhead
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Axis1500
Jimbob
Balladeer
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
Admin
Dusty Knackers
The Cappuccino Kid
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 8 EmptySat 21 Mar 2015 - 22:44

Journey is on it It signifies a watershed moment for the game industry; it is our Citizen Kane. All of this is to say, Journey's easily one of the greatest games ever made.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 8 EmptySat 21 Mar 2015 - 23:13

I should also point out that the whole blog is poking fun at the "Citizen Kane of..." phrase, so it shouldn't be held as any measure of quality. I only brought it up because I felt it was a fun aside.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 8 EmptySat 21 Mar 2015 - 23:25

Yeah got it was basically going look at all these journalist's comparing everything to Citizen Kane what a bunch of silly people.

But we are going right of topic of VC games.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 8 EmptySat 21 Mar 2015 - 23:34

True - might be something to shift to the random gaming thoughts thread.

On topic - let us know if you do pick up Zero Mission or Fusion Mas. Good entry points to 2D Metroid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 8 EmptySun 22 Mar 2015 - 19:10

So how many VC games do people have on their wii U? I have 14 all in. (Does Metroid Prime trilogy count?)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 8 EmptySun 22 Mar 2015 - 19:55

I own 12, I would count Metroid Prime Trilogy as 1 VC game even though says they aren't VC games.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 8 EmptySun 22 Mar 2015 - 20:00

Hmm I could see why they could be VC but the game icon doesn't have the VC logo under it so I keep it out of my VC folder.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 8 EmptySun 22 Mar 2015 - 21:30

Twelve - 3 GBA, 3 NES and 6 SNES ones. There are countless others stored in Wii mode, though... Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 8 EmptySun 22 Mar 2015 - 21:32

As a self-confessed retrophobe, not many, and I've finished precisely none of them. Off the top of my head, I can only remember the SNES Japan-only Picross game (I think on the Wii?), Metroids Super and Fusion, and the free copy of Dr. Kawashima that I have never played.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015 - 11:04

I've not finished many either Zero or even started some but at 30p or what ever it was I was buying.

A bit of a random though but it's VC based, now that Nintendo have announced membership as part of DeNA conference but at the moment we know nothing about it but would a PSN+ type thing but you get VC titles be a good idea & would you go for it or would you just want a PSN+ type thing & you get 1 eShop & 1 VC game for instance.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015 - 20:57

I think it'd be a good idea to offer people a "game of the month" type thing; especially given Ninty's quality history. Turning that positive into a negative, I think Nintendo should've probably sorted something like this previously - having to constantly re-buy/"upgrade" titles is a bit bad. But then, having said that, I'm part of the problem - a lot of the NES and SNES games I've previously bought on the Wii, as well as owning the originals. To answer that previous question, I think 24! 11 NES, 10 SNES, 3 GBA.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 8:00

Donkey Kong 64 and Super Mario 64 now live on my Wii U. Dance Between Shuffle, Inazuma and that pair, that's April's gaming pretty much sorted. Grin
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 9:16

To buy SM64 again, or not to buy? I'm sorely tempted. DK64 can get stuffed, though.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 9:28

I'll get Mario 64 again I know that much but DK64 I doubt as I've never played it I doubt it
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 9:48

I'm in the Balla boat it's cool to be able to have but do I need to play it yet again.

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 10:57

As it's about time I played Super Mario 64 again, I bought it again. Donkey Kong 64 is my biggest 'game that got away' - I was loving it and then my brother sold it. No Now I can go back and beat it. Dance
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2015 - 9:20

Yep - yep - I've bought Mario 64 as well. And I probably will get DK64 - did anyone finish it? (I didn't)
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2015 - 12:33

OHMIGOSH SUPER MARIO 64 HAS SCANNED IN THE ORIGINAL MANUAL!!!!!

Seriously, I loved that manual. That might be enough to tip me over into buying the game again. Love
Back to top Go down
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2015 - 20:59

I picked up SM64 and DK64 this afternoon although so far I've only played the former. I never had a copy of the latter back in the day and only played bits and bobs of a mates copy so it should be good to sit down with it and work my way through it.
It's actually pretty good to see that Nintendo were able to get a Rare game on the VC, and even though it'll probably never happen I'd still love to see Goldeneye make an appearance.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2015 - 22:16

Yeah, I was surprised to see DK64 released. It's a delight, to be honest! Can't wait to get properly stuck in but, like SMM, it's SM64 first. Grin
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2015 - 22:20

I presume that Nintendo still hold the strings over anything containing the Kongs. They had to scrap Banjo and Conker in the remake of DKR, though, didn't they?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2015 - 22:36

No surprise to me as Nintendo own all the games rare made using Nintendo's IP like Country, Land, 64 and Rare well Microsoft own IPs rare made like Banjo.

But funny you bring up that game Ball as they are in it Banjo & Conker, and earlier today Phill Spencer replied to a tweet about Banjo being in SMASH due to Ballot and he would love to have Banjo in it & happy to work with Nintendo again like they did with DKR.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2015 - 22:39

I'm sorry, Mas, but I'm afraid that your post gets a Lex Luthor! Razz

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 8 1d8acd8c6e8e337ce31bef84a8636491

I know that they were in the original DKR - however, in the remake on the DS, they were replaced by Dixie and Tiny (bleurgh).  

People have been speculating about what Spencer was actually referring to, though.  Jetpac in re-releases of DK64 was suspected.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2015 - 22:45

I've not played DKR remake or anything but would be interesting to see what happens in the ballot if Banjo comes out top.

Maybe he means Banjo Pilots & the Viva Pinata games on the handholds which are rare ips which they would of have to worked with Nintendo to get on them.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2015 - 23:10

It's going to be the plane winning the Most Popular Level-5 Character ballot again, isn't it? I might as well start a campaign to get Beatrice cat in Smash 4. No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread
Page 8 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next