A Little Delibird Tells Me The GNamer Secret Santa Is Piplup And Running

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  SONMSONM  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
Tenderloin Minimise

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   Mon 15 Aug 2016 - 13:37

Never played it - should I? Eh?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drunkalilly
Pokιmon Master

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   Mon 15 Aug 2016 - 14:01

I'd say yes! I've got it on Wii VC and it's a really fun little diversion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk
JayMoyles
Tenderloin Minimise

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   Mon 15 Aug 2016 - 21:43

That's long overdue - Snap 2 on Wii U should have been a thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Dry Metal Baby Princess

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   Mon 15 Aug 2016 - 21:54

Snap is great - it's the best Pokιmon spin-off ever.

The Loch Ness Monster, The Bermuda Triange, the Mary Celeste and the Black Dahlia Murder; none of these are as great an unsolved mystery than the one surrounding the whereabouts of a Pokιmon Snap sequel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jimbob
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   Mon 15 Aug 2016 - 22:55

At the time, Pokemon Snap seemed a bit lightweight for N64 cartridge prices. This however is very tempting...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
Treesmurf
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   Sun 21 Aug 2016 - 3:01

I already own it on Wii but I might just buy it again in the hope good sales will lead to that long overdue sequel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Dry Metal Baby Princess

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   Mon 17 Oct 2016 - 19:31

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/10/nintendo_download_20th_october_europe

There's going to be a handful of Virtual Console games on sale for a fortnight, starting this Thursday. They're all Halloween deals:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeroJones
Tenderloin Minimise

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   Mon 17 Oct 2016 - 20:34

Love the idea and there's a lot there, too. Might get myself Devil World, just out of curiosity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jimbob
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   Tue 18 Oct 2016 - 20:39

Hmmm... which is the best portable Castlevania on that list, in people's opinions?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   Tue 18 Oct 2016 - 20:45

Aria of Sorrow is the correct choice Jimmy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayMoyles
Tenderloin Minimise

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   Tue 18 Oct 2016 - 23:08

Aria of Sorrow is the best of the bunch there, yep. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Dry Metal Baby Princess

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   Wed 19 Oct 2016 - 20:34

I'll give Aria of Sorrow a bash, as I hear that it's the shortest and least Metroidvania-ey of the three GBA games. I wish Castlevania would go back to the side-scrolling platformer style of Rondo of Blood and Super Castlevania IV though - those games are magic. Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth on WiiWare is an absolute belter too. If somebody were to develop a game like those, in 2016 they'd stand alone in the genre of one. Everything's a Metroidvania these days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   Wed 19 Oct 2016 - 20:53

...when it's not a 2D platformer! I need to find some more of these Metroidvanias that hound you, apart from the Shantae games and Axiom Verge I've not found many recent ones and I love the genre.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Dry Metal Baby Princess

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   Wed 19 Oct 2016 - 21:04

Balladeer wrote:
...when it's not a 2D platformer!  I need to find some more of these Metroidvanias that hound you, apart from the Shantae games and Axiom Verge I've not found many recent ones and I love the genre.

If you love Metroidvanias, I can't recommend NiGHTS Into Dreams enough.

Love
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   Thu 20 Oct 2016 - 9:57

You've suggested that before... Right, that's going to be my tenth PS3 game. Need to knuckle down and do some purchasing this weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Dry Metal Baby Princess

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   Thu 20 Oct 2016 - 14:48

That backfired a bit. NiGHTS Into Dreams isn't a Metroidvania - it couldn't be any further away from being a Metroidvania. I don't even know what the hell it is. But it's a classic all the same.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   Thu 20 Oct 2016 - 14:57

Which version is on PSN?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayMoyles
Tenderloin Minimise

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   Thu 20 Oct 2016 - 21:43

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I'll give Aria of Sorrow a bash, as I hear that it's the shortest and least Metroidvania-ey of the three GBA games. I wish Castlevania would go back to the side-scrolling platformer style of Rondo of Blood and Super Castlevania IV though - those games are magic. Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth on WiiWare is an absolute belter too. If somebody were to develop a game like those, in 2016 they'd stand alone in the genre of one. Everything's a Metroidvania these days.

I'd actually get behind this. Action platformers are outweighed by Metroidvanias very heavily in this day and age.

Aria of Sorrow is still absolutely a Metroidvania, though, so do keep that in mind. It's a banger nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   Sat 22 Oct 2016 - 10:38

If you love Metroidvanias, I can't recommend FIFA 14 enough.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
Tenderloin Minimise

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   Sat 22 Oct 2016 - 11:49

Jimbob wrote:

There is a lot of backtracking...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Treesmurf
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   Sun 23 Oct 2016 - 11:34

ZeroJones wrote:
Jimbob wrote:

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Tenderloin Minimise

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   Sun 23 Oct 2016 - 18:57

ZeroJones wrote:
Jimbob wrote:

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Dry Metal Baby Princess

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 23:00

Jesus, that backtracking gag was cracking. Applause

~

This has been my most anticipated Wii U release since probably Super Mario Maker: the NTSC version of F-Zero X is coming out on the Virtual Console this week. Honestly, in the grand scheme of things, and thinking about the thousands of games I've played in the last twenty-three years, F-Zero X is one of my absolute favourites ever. It's very probably in my top five, it's that good. I got the PAL version fof Christmas 1998, and I'd guess that it's the only game that I've played for more than 500 hours. Basically, I just bloody love F-Zero X.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rum Rapture
Toad

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   Thu 3 Nov 2016 - 14:10

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Basically, I just bloody love F-Zero X.

Maybe you should marry it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/cww_george
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   Fri 4 Nov 2016 - 15:53

How you finding it as I saw someone tweeted about it and more as well, that NLife has even now got this up on their site.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   

Back to top Go down

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next