We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You know you're getting old when...

Go down 
+14
Admin
nupkin
Buskalilly
mandlecreed
beemoh
Dusty Knackers
shanks
NintenDUCK
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Balladeer
SuperPaperLink
Fancy Fancy
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
nupkin
Stability Update
nupkin

You know you're getting old when... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You know you're getting old when...   You know you're getting old when... - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 May 2013 - 10:03

Awkwaaaaaaaaaaard! Whistle
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: You know you're getting old when...   You know you're getting old when... - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 May 2013 - 10:54

Buskalilly wrote:
I think the oldest anyone's ever been when I asked for Id was about 26, which I don't think is too bad.

Funny story (not really):
When I'd not long finished school and I was 19 and working on the self service checkouts, this kid from my year at school went through and I didn't ask for any if, natch. So he says "aren't you gonna id me?"
So is said "no, I remember you from school"
And he says "what, because I'm black?"

I mean, how in the seven hells do I respond to that?

Weird kid. Sorry, guy.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: You know you're getting old when...   You know you're getting old when... - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 May 2013 - 12:42

How about, "no your tail gave it away"
and then just run away while he searches for his tail! Dance
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: You know you're getting old when...   You know you're getting old when... - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 May 2013 - 15:48

JayMoyles wrote:
I think awesomedude is referring to the thread title... but I have no clue why people backing away from you is a sign of being old... Neutral

Misread 'old' as 'odd' perhaps?
Back to top Go down
SuperPaperLink
Stability Update
SuperPaperLink

PostSubject: Re: You know you're getting old when...   You know you're getting old when... - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 May 2013 - 23:16

Get ID'd all the time, because I look about 12, yet am nearly 20.
Was asked for it, for a scratch card the other day... IN THE SHOP I USED TO WORK AT.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: You know you're getting old when...   You know you're getting old when... - Page 2 EmptyWed 8 May 2013 - 8:28

NintenDUCK wrote:
How about, "no your tail gave it away"
and then just run away while he searches for his tail! Dance

Ha! That's a good'n, I should've used that one
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: You know you're getting old when...   You know you're getting old when... - Page 2 EmptyWed 8 May 2013 - 9:00

When people call you old just because you turn 28
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: You know you're getting old when...   You know you're getting old when... - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2013 - 15:25

When you are old.

Let's face it, I am old!
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: You know you're getting old when...   You know you're getting old when... - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2013 - 16:25

Yup! Tongue
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: You know you're getting old when...   You know you're getting old when... - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2013 - 16:26

Balladeer wrote:
Yup! Tongue

No need to rub it in youngster Smile
Back to top Go down
awesomedude
Stability Update
awesomedude

PostSubject: You know you're getting old when...   You know you're getting old when... - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2013 - 17:49

JayMoyles wrote:
I think awesomedude is referring to the thread title... but I have no clue why people backing away from you is a sign of being old... Neutral

Well... In my place, when people back away from you, it means you look old. Or you are. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://socialgamers.forumotion.co.uk/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: You know you're getting old when...   You know you're getting old when... - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Jul 2013 - 15:21

The younger ones at work, I'm only 23 but some are 18. I'll say something or vice versa and not have clue what were on about. Also something becoming a certain age like power rangers now 20 makes me feel a bit old.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: You know you're getting old when...   You know you're getting old when... - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Jul 2013 - 21:07

So I was in the land of the picts (Aberdeen to be precise) for the last 3 days, hence why I haven't posted much(anything)- premier inns charge a hefty 3 quid for 24hrs internet.
Myself and my parents dined in the restaurant across the way each night, and each night my dad would buy me an alcoholic beverage (not gonna name names in case I get sued). Now, what you should know is that the licensing laws were pretty clear that alcohol couldn't be served to those who are under 25 (no joke) yet for the first two nights my guinness(dammit) was given to me no questions asked, this naturally made me feel all cool and distinguished looking until the last night when I asked for my unnamed drink I was refused and had to opt for coke instead (no, not the drug...). So, just to spite the bit- er, nice waitress I ordered a steak and guinness pie for my main. she made this face: Sulk  my parents made this face: Laughing  and I made this face: Dance .
The end, now off to bed with you.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: You know you're getting old when...   You know you're getting old when... - Page 2 EmptyMon 2 Sep 2013 - 14:25

This one is really relevant to my age:
Laughing at references in comedy shows all by myself as all the young people around me don't get it. Then putting the show on pause to explain why it was funny ....... note, it is no longer funny when you have to explain the joke. Plus making my own jokes that fall flat as a pancake.

Some examples:
John Stewart making a Logan's Run joke. I have always referenced Logan's Run and always get a blank stare.

Explaining why President Ford falling over on The Simpsons is funny, then explaining who President Ford was. There are so many of these moments in The Simpsons, it is impossible to remember them all.

One of the cartoons (probably Family Guy) making a Patty Hearst joke. Pause and ask does anyone know who Patty Hearst is, to the resounding answer no. Then explain and mention Stockholm Syndrome, followed by another explanation.

Work meeting discusses a new project called The Manhattan Project, no really, they did call it that, after the grid pattern of the city. I had to point out what The Manhattan Project was, to a room of blank faces.

New product at work, a lolly for Hallowe'en called Body Parts (jellies). I asked if we were going to use Jeffrey Dharma to advertise it. Of course I got blank looks and asked if anyone knew who that was, to a resounding no.

Pop culture people! Learn it Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: You know you're getting old when...   You know you're getting old when... - Page 2 EmptyMon 2 Sep 2013 - 21:01

oldschool wrote:

Work meeting discusses a new project called The Manhattan Project, no really, they did call it that, after the grid pattern of the city.  I had to point out what The Manhattan Project was, to a room of blank faces.
Christ, really? I don't think that means you're old, it just means you work with idiots.

Quote :
Pop culture people!  Learn it  Rolling Eyes 
Its only pop culture while its popular . . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You know you're getting old when...   You know you're getting old when... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

You know you're getting old when...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Off Topic-
Jump to: