We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Watch_dogs

Go down 
+13
Jimbob
masofdas
Solve My Maze
Treesmurf
beemoh
NintenDUCK
Buskalilly
Dusty Knackers
shanks
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Watch_dogs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch_dogs   Watch_dogs - Page 5 EmptyThu 11 Sep 2014 - 3:25

masofdas wrote:
It has a date of November 21st in the EU, no site has it down yet properly with date etc but amazon is £40 for it on Wii U, to put that in perspective it's £25 NEW on PS4 at Grainger Games.

Is the Wii U possible features worth a extra £15 and also it comes out same day as some big titles and close to some others.

If the gamepad features are clever then I don't mind paying £40 I understand some folk wanting a reduced price because of the delay but since it's new to that format why should it be?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Watch_dogs   Watch_dogs - Page 5 EmptyThu 11 Sep 2014 - 6:50

As far as I'm concerned, there's no point buying Watch Dogs to support Ubisoft giving us more 'hardcore' games on the system, as the president has already come out and said it will be the last game of its type that they release for the Wii U. It's doubtful that it'll serve as an example to other devs to suddenly rush to release hardcore titles, since it'll likely flop in the sea of big releases around it. Aww!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Watch_dogs   Watch_dogs - Page 5 EmptyThu 11 Sep 2014 - 12:13

Yeah if are the features are good could be worth it as the team whom handled blacklist have done this version.

But I have to agree with Zero unless every Wii U owners buys it to change there mind or or devs/publishers, which won't happen as a lot would of all ready played it, boycotting ubisoft or have no interest in it such as Balla and comes out around the same time of bigger titles which might even include smash.

The only thing it might have going for is that it might become a rare title if it flops from a collectors standpoint.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Watch_dogs   Watch_dogs - Page 5 EmptyThu 11 Sep 2014 - 19:03

ZeroJones wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, there's no point buying Watch Dogs to support Ubisoft giving us more 'hardcore' games on the system, as the president has already come out and said it will be the last game of its type that they release for the Wii U. It's doubtful that it'll serve as an example to other devs to suddenly rush to release hardcore titles, since it'll likely flop in the sea of big releases around it. Aww!

That's a real shame that it may turn out that way, even though we have all done it we shouldn't really be buying a game to support devs you should be buying the game because it interests you & that's why I'm getting watch dogs.

I guess we just have to accept that a huge section of Nintendo fans just don't have any interest in these types of games. Sad
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Watch_dogs   Watch_dogs - Page 5 EmptyThu 11 Sep 2014 - 19:21

The_Jaster wrote:
we shouldn't really be buying a game to support devs you should be buying the game because it interests you & that's why I'm getting watch dogs.

That's the way I look at it. I remember Ubisoft saying that if people didn't support the last Splinter Cell then there likely wouldn't be any more Wii U games like it. I know some - but only some - went and bought it for that reason, while I haven't been interested at all, even when I seen it for a fiver.

Watch_Dogs has interested me, but I'd been looking for a bargain, natch.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Watch_dogs   Watch_dogs - Page 5 EmptyWed 24 Sep 2014 - 18:34

I see Axis has retweeted an Ubisoft Watch_Dogs tweet that the associated DLC won't be part of the upcoming Wii U version. This surprises me: at six months later and at full price, it really begs to ask what incentive there is to buy the Wii U version if you can access any of the others on PlayStation, XBox or PC. Why would you? There'll doubtlessly be a GotY edition on other formats in another six months too, probably for half the price as well.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Watch_dogs   Watch_dogs - Page 5 EmptyWed 24 Sep 2014 - 18:49

What ever the gamepad does has to be amazing also another problem it comes out the same day as two bigger tiltes to the WiiUs core audience and some decent stuff on other formats. So unless you are just a WiiU owner, can't see who'll be buying this.

When the GOTY edition does come out it be a £40 title but of course will have all the DLC, so kinda is half price maybe even more looking at some game's I've bought DLC for.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Watch_dogs   Watch_dogs - Page 5 EmptySun 19 Oct 2014 - 11:23

The thing the Wii U version has the following Off-TV play and interactive map on the gamepad, yep that's it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Watch_dogs   Watch_dogs - Page 5 EmptySun 19 Oct 2014 - 15:11

I could jump the gun and say I'm disappointed BUT that just raises more questions for me, like how far does interacting with the map go? What have they been doing all this time? Did they even have enough time to explore more ideas? It's a matter of time before the obvious Ubisoft backlash from Nintendo fans begins continues, there are not many devs that have used the gamepad (including Nintendo) in the unique ways they often claim to be doing in fact only a handful have done so.

For the ones that haven't it doesn't make them bad games automatically just a slight missed opportunity.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Watch_dogs   Watch_dogs - Page 5 EmptySun 19 Oct 2014 - 15:24

I think you can move the map around on the screen and set waypoints etc that's about it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Watch_dogs   Watch_dogs - Page 5 EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014 - 18:45

Nothing has changed for me I'll still be waiting for reviews before deciding if I get it or not.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Watch_dogs   Watch_dogs - Page 5 EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014 - 18:47

But surely it just review same as the other versions seeing the U seems to have no real extras to speak off.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Watch_dogs   Watch_dogs - Page 5 EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014 - 19:05

There's a real chance it could be worse, mind. Wii u has had some shoddy ports.

Unfortunately, watch dogs on Wii u didn't interest me any more than watch dogs elsewhere. Maybe if it was released in a February drought but not in this big game-a-thon of an October.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Watch_dogs   Watch_dogs - Page 5 EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014 - 19:09

It's out November the same day as some big titles on other systems which most Wii U owners will have and if you do want a game on the U, I think people more likely to buy Sonic.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Watch_dogs   Watch_dogs - Page 5 EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014 - 19:15

Mas wrote:
But surely it just review same as the other versions seeing the U seems to have no real extras to speak off.

Nah not really, even though the gamepad features seem like a missed opportunity things like the map might still make it feel better experience wise for example while the gamepad uses in splinter cell blacklist weren't exactly ground breaking the simple things like swapping weapons/gadgets was quick & intuitive compared to the ps3 version.

It'd also be extremely lazy of a reviewer to just assume it plays the same.

Last edited by The_Jaster on Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 19:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistaks galore)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Watch_dogs   Watch_dogs - Page 5 EmptyTue 21 Oct 2014 - 16:34

What I don't get is how your still contemplating getting it on Wii U (I will get it for the collection but won't be for a long time) , yes the map thing could be excellent but a 6 month's delay for that really, no DLC for it, comes out in the middle of November around some big titles and Ubi have the cheek to ask full price for it.

Where you can buy it on PS4 for £20 in game used then you could buy the £25 season pass on top which makes £45 about the same as the WiiU version.

It's like they want it to fail, so they go look Wii U games don't sell and this is why were cutting support.

Also it's likely the online will be cut from it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Watch_dogs   Watch_dogs - Page 5 EmptyTue 21 Oct 2014 - 20:50

I'm not overly fussed about DLC for most games and would only think about getting extra content if I've fully finished with the main game & I'm hungry for a bit more.

I currently have enough to play on ps4 & would like something a bit different to play on wii U, anyhow as I've said plenty of times I'm still unsure if I will be getting it but I'm not one for shooting something down before I haven't even seen or played either.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Watch_dogs   Watch_dogs - Page 5 EmptyWed 22 Oct 2014 - 10:19

I'm shooting down the game it self I'm shooting down the Wii U version being £45 where it's £20 on PS4. I don't see how having it on Wii U or PS4 makes any difference to play it your still going to many game to play be it on either of those systems.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Watch_dogs   Watch_dogs - Page 5 EmptyWed 22 Oct 2014 - 18:56

I'd like it to be as cheap as the other console versions as well but why shouldn't it be full price when it's new to that format? They are a business after all, if the game is good I don't mind paying £40 if I get enough play time out of it.

I just wan't something meatier to play on my wii U (only playing download titles at the minute) & watch dogs might fit the bill.

(side note: *bangs head against brick wall* Remember I'm still not decided if I am getting it)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Watch_dogs   Watch_dogs - Page 5 EmptyThu 23 Oct 2014 - 9:55

Yeah they a bushiness but surely you sooner sell 20 copies at £29.99 each which seems a good price, Some on the fence about at the price point might pick it up then sell 10 copies at £40 to people that are even worse then me at collecting Wii U games & odd person like you.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Watch_dogs   Watch_dogs - Page 5 EmptyThu 23 Oct 2014 - 18:17

That's a shit load of assumptions there. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Watch_dogs   Watch_dogs - Page 5 EmptyThu 23 Oct 2014 - 22:55

Not really as surely more people would be more inclined to pick up if cheaper.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Watch_dogs   Watch_dogs - Page 5 EmptySun 26 Oct 2014 - 14:37

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I see Axis has retweeted an Ubisoft Watch_Dogs tweet that the associated DLC won't be part of the upcoming Wii U version. This surprises me: at six months later and at full price, it really begs to ask what incentive there is to buy the Wii U version if you can access any of the others on PlayStation, XBox or PC. Why would you? There'll doubtlessly be a GotY edition on other formats in another six months too, probably for half the price as well.

I was thinking the same thing. It's strange: I take my hat off for Ubisoft for actually bothering to follow through on this title and committing a team towards making it. Any other rational publisher would have canned it ages ago and Ubisoft are downright honest on how they see the Wii U situation compared to others who just talk generic PR nonsense about how strong their relationship is with Nintendo (despite not actually wanting to release any games).

But the lack of DLC makes me think Ubisoft knows it's going to die at launch anyway, and they aren't willing to go the extra mile to make this a version people should want to buy. It's weird.

I'm still interested in seeing how this version turns out, compared to all the other versions of the game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Watch_dogs   Watch_dogs - Page 5 EmptyMon 24 Nov 2014 - 18:37

We have a review and he did play it before else where
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Watch_dogs   Watch_dogs - Page 5 EmptyThu 27 Nov 2014 - 12:25

Digital Foundry have done there normal tests and this is the worst version of the game with frame-rate dropping to about 20fps if your lucky whilst driving.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watch_dogs   Watch_dogs - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Watch_dogs
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Gen. VIII Discussion (and Mobile)-
Jump to: