We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Senran Kagura

Go down 
+9
masofdas
Fancy Fancy
Athrun888
Axis1500
fronkhead
Balladeer
Jimbob
shanks
Sentinator
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
beemoh
Koopaling

Senran Kagura - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senran Kagura   Senran Kagura - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Jan 2014 - 16:44

Jimbob wrote:
fronkhead wrote:
Looking at the spine, it seems they've retained the game's home menu icon from the Japanese release as well. The North American version was changed to something else.

What icon?
*scrolls up*
*looks*
Oh. Embarrassed 

...there's a spine on that case?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Senran Kagura   Senran Kagura - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Jan 2014 - 16:50

And if she doesn't get reduction surgery, it'll give her some serious gyp in later life.

...oh, on the case.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Senran Kagura   Senran Kagura - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jan 2014 - 9:43

Sorry for the double post, but I'm going to leave this here.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Senran Kagura   Senran Kagura - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jan 2014 - 10:13

Bit harsh
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Senran Kagura   Senran Kagura - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jan 2014 - 12:56

I agree, he talks far too much about gaming as a whole when this is clearly a niche title for fans of that kind of thing. It may be unnecessary for the girls to be scantily clad but it's quite clearly not girls that are their target audience. It's like having a go at Imagine Princess for not appealing to boys enough.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Senran Kagura   Senran Kagura - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jan 2014 - 20:04

andyman949 wrote:
I agree, he talks far too much about gaming as a whole when this is clearly a niche title for fans of that kind of thing. It may be unnecessary for the girls to be scantily clad but it's quite clearly not girls that are their target audience. It's like having a go at Imagine Princess for not appealing to boys enough.

This. It's a game nobody would know existed if people like the writer of that article weren't making such a big deal of it- and to a certain extent the whole issue is only really there because people keep making a fuss and make these games appear bigger than they are.

Senran isn't going to threaten FIFA for Christmas number 1, nor is it part of a more oversubscribed genre where, while no one single game will hit twenty-odd million, put together they will match FIFA in combined sales. In fact, the only reason the title is even in the news is because everyone's surprised that such a niche title nobody wants is being afforded so much as the time of day by a foreign publisher, never mind going to all the expense of putting it in a box and trying to get shops to stock it.

This is one release amongst loads, yet people are behaving like it's the only thing ever created.

To an extent, it's like what I'm trying to combat with Not An FPS- gaming isn't overly dominated by shooters, but every time a Gone Home comes along or David Cage opens his mouth everyone tells themselves that it's great that they're making something that isn't a shooter implying that doing so is weird when it isn't, convincing themselves that games are overly dominated by shooters. It's not an issue that has any grounding in reality, it's just a thing said by people who only say it because they said it last time.

Anyway.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Senran Kagura   Senran Kagura - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jan 2014 - 20:59

There's clearly an audience for this sort of thing. I just found out my friend bought it for me as a joke.

Last edited by Axis1500 on Thu 30 Jan 2020 - 0:23; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Senran Kagura   Senran Kagura - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jan 2014 - 21:53

Yeah, much ado about nothing really. What a sensationalist headline. And even then the piece makes a tonne of blind assumptions, like how it won't have any female fans (the game does).
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Senran Kagura   Senran Kagura - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jan 2014 - 22:16

fronkhead wrote:
Yeah, much ado about nothing really. What a sensationalist headline. And even then the piece makes a tonne of blind assumptions, like how it won't have any female fans (the game does).

I'm pretty sure I saw a piece at the time that the first DoA Volleyball actually had more female than male fans.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Senran Kagura   Senran Kagura - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Jan 2014 - 18:47

Just seen this has a preorder bonus in GAME which is a 3D poster of the girls at the beach

Here's the picture you pervs

Senran Kagura - Page 2 Large10
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Senran Kagura   Senran Kagura - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Jan 2014 - 19:42

Having seen the anime it's nothing I haven't seen before  Embarrassed 
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Senran Kagura   Senran Kagura - Page 2 EmptySun 26 Jan 2014 - 8:17

I think this is one of those things where, really and truly, if you're buying the game, you already know what you're getting yourself into; plus there's a PEGI 16 on the front of the box to deflect the young and innocent.

I wouldn't buy it myself, because
1) They are schoolkids, which isn't cool (and certainly in my mind detracts from the "point they're trying to make")
2) My parents are gamers, and one day I hope that I'll have children who are gamers too - the latter I'd obviously work out how to deal with as the time comes, but our family often shares gaming experiences, and... dude, my Mum might be watching (it's bad enough when CatWoman turns up in Batman)
3) Actual game is "meh", which should be the most important point.

But, speaking of equality: isn't it about time FIFA put women in the game; at least the international teams for crying out loud. I should've been able to take a direct freekick as Stephanie Houghton by now.

Oh, and let me know when Curve Extreme: Super MILF Warrior Force is released.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Senran Kagura   Senran Kagura - Page 2 EmptySun 26 Jan 2014 - 11:59

Someone knows about women's football, she plays for Man City Ladies yay. I do find it weird as a few NBA games have had like a all-star WNBA teams or something. I remember on NBA home-court having a women's player on my team in the story mode as she has full speed stats or something. So i don't know why EA haven't tried it with national teams even if they only put the likes of England, USA, Germany, Brazil, Japan in.

Schoolkids are fine in anime for some reason (and Germany).

Your kids when there 17 might find this sort of game interesting though.

Also you might like this there's a VITA game coming out which is a card based game with demon girls, which you can rub using the touch screen. Anyway some of the cards have been cut because there to raunchy. It was brought up on IGN's game-scoop and said the same as you "I think this is one of those things where, really and truly, if you're buying the game, you already know what you're getting yourself into". So why cut it as no one new is going to buy the game because it's a little less raunchy. They also brought up how the ages where changed on bravely default as Agnes was 15 but now 17 in the western release and has more clothes.

They also brought up about wheres the game for women, and apparently there's a DS game where you rub men but never got a western release.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Senran Kagura   Senran Kagura - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014 - 12:53

Late as always but after finally having a peek at what everyone's been talking about I haven't much I want to say that hasn't already been said, except that I think the article was also rather unprofessional.  I'll admit I haven't read the whole thing, only skimming through it, because in all honesty it just seemed like he has chosen to use a game aimed at young males as a soapbox for an issue and was having a rant about it.  If one of the most mature women in my life laughs off things such as fanservice then I see this as making a mole hill out of a mountain.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Senran Kagura   Senran Kagura - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Feb 2014 - 15:28

fronkhead wrote:

The GF is buying this, so I know of one female fan.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Senran Kagura   Senran Kagura - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Feb 2014 - 14:29

Special limited European edition, with a dodgy t-shirt. (I think I'll pass.)

Quote :

In the Life and Hometown Edition you get:

Senran Kagura Burst 3DS Game
A 3D Poster
An EXCLUSIVE Life and Hometown T-shirt

Reception to Senran Kagura has been pretty divisive the last few weeks, but we’ve had a huge amount of support for our release of the game in Europe – so we thought we’d put together a special edition for everyone who’s been so vocal in their love for the game.

Just for fans, we’d making only 500 ‘Life and Hometown’ editions – which includes the game, the A3 3D lenticular poster and a one off T-Shirt featuring Asuka and Senran Kagura’s creator, Takaki-san’s, now-infamous tweet… Winky Face

The Life and Hometown Edition will be £49.99 and is strictly limited to just 500 copies.

http://www.funstock.co.uk/senran-kagura-burst-life-and-hometown-edition
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Senran Kagura   Senran Kagura - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Feb 2014 - 14:34

The shirt ain't that bad
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Senran Kagura   Senran Kagura - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Feb 2014 - 20:42

shanks wrote:
The shirt ain't that bad

It's the wording. In Japanese it says something like "Tits are life, Ass is hometown"
And it says it in bad Japanese too.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Senran Kagura   Senran Kagura - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Feb 2014 - 20:41

The back of the box is just as subtle as the front.

Senran Kagura - Page 2 Bg3SuinCMAAiikR
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Senran Kagura   Senran Kagura - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Feb 2014 - 23:23

Clearly the "Two Good Reasons" are the "Two Huge Stories", obviously. Not seeing what all the fuss is about.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Senran Kagura   Senran Kagura - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014 - 4:51

You're all a bunch of prudes  Razz 
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Senran Kagura   Senran Kagura - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014 - 5:30

"dynamic costume damage" UGH FINALLY
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Senran Kagura   Senran Kagura - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014 - 5:48

The "two good reasons" are for immersion and fully utilising the 3DS's functions, right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Senran Kagura   Senran Kagura - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Feb 2014 - 14:17

It arrived today.

( . )||( . )
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Senran Kagura   Senran Kagura - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Feb 2014 - 14:27

Axis1500 wrote:
(  .  )||(  .  )

That's you looking at it, right?

Axis1500 wrote:
Code:
(  .  )||(  .  )
      /..\
    \______/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Senran Kagura   Senran Kagura - Page 2 Empty