We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Name My Island Ultimate

Go down 
+16
SuperPaperLink
awesomedude
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Admin
Jimbob
Rum
JayMoyles
Kieron
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Xelviar
Dusty Knackers
Treesmurf
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Super Name My Island Ultimate - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Name My Island Ultimate   Super Name My Island Ultimate - Page 3 EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 17:18

"Go Suarez, cowabunga dude!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Name My Island Ultimate   Super Name My Island Ultimate - Page 3 EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 18:15

Unfortunately they were spelt with a "ph". Aww!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
SuperPaperLink
Stability Update
SuperPaperLink

PostSubject: Re: Super Name My Island Ultimate   Super Name My Island Ultimate - Page 3 EmptyWed 22 May 2013 - 15:41

awesomedude wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
Shocked awesome dude is Rafa Shocked

What's Rafa? Confused

He's either beyond stupid, or an utterly awesome troll.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Name My Island Ultimate   Super Name My Island Ultimate - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Feb 2020 - 0:35

Now that's what I call a bump!

Animal Crossing is finally coming to the Switch and so I'll once again be relying on the internet to name my Town (or Island I guess). I'll do the same as last time, a CPU Smash Bros Tournament because if it was human controlled then I'd just ask Jay directly what to name it. Each person picks a representative for their town name and I'll aim to actually record or stream the tournament this time to make it more interesting. I'll even throw in a £5 Amazon Voucher so people might care.

Now with New Horizons having a silly rule where it's one Island per console I've given my girlfriend the option of putting a name in seeing as she'll have to live with it, she's opted for the rather egotistical Cloville and chose Pikachu as her fighter. I'm also automatically including the previous winner and source of some great puns which was Bumend represented by Fox, this also means Jimbob technically gets 2 picks.

All Ultimate characters are available including the DLC and even Sans and Cuphead if you wish. I anticipate/dread to see what names everyone puts forward.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Super Name My Island Ultimate   Super Name My Island Ultimate - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Feb 2020 - 12:46

One island per console? What?

Surely you can have your own save file if you're playing on a different account?
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Name My Island Ultimate   Super Name My Island Ultimate - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Feb 2020 - 14:21

You all live on the same island

Also Brexit Island with Joker
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Name My Island Ultimate   Super Name My Island Ultimate - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Feb 2020 - 14:23

You can have 8 different villagers, but one island per console. WHICH IS FINE BECAUSE THAT'S THE POINT OF ANIMAL CROSSING, TO SHARE THINGS (uh-oh, this is probably an argument for another day!)

I'd feel bad it being called Bumend now that you have a littl'n with which you may have to guard from bad words in the next few years. I'd better defeat my previous self and save your soul! Here, we were trying to think, now it's an island, of a pun version of a famous British island. Therefore, my suggestion is the Isle of Shight. Er... Banjo and Kazooie as the fighters.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Super Name My Island Ultimate   Super Name My Island Ultimate - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Feb 2020 - 17:13

That's such a nonsensical restriction. "Hey - want to make your own village? Buy another Switch!" is a bad look for a system that ostensibly has user accounts.

The /inclusion/ of the 8 people locally sharing an island is great, but it should be an option, not mandated. I will definitely argue against it being fine - surely half the fun is in designing your village layout and choosing which villagers you live with!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Name My Island Ultimate   Super Name My Island Ultimate - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Feb 2020 - 20:03

Balladeer wrote:
"Do a toilet roll!"

I was reading this thread in the staff room earlier on, not paying attention to a story my colleague was telling about her Dad going into a care home. I get to this quote and burst out laughing just as she gets to an emotional part of her story. My boss wasn't impressed, and I don't think my colleague will talk to me again for a while. I couldn't even explain the situation, I was hardly going to say 'yeah, someone online said do a toilet roll seven years go'. 

~

I've got to pay tribute to Dusty Knackers with my town name nomination: I'd like to name your town Plopton, and I'll go Sonic The Hedgehog in the tournament  Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Name My Island Ultimate   Super Name My Island Ultimate - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Feb 2020 - 20:50

Laughing I was funnier back then.

I've shunted this thread into the Switch sub-forum for obvious reasons. I would like you to call your village: MASOFDAS. All caps.* I'll be represented by Greninja, in a tribute to Jas' fine drawing way back when and the Balladeer emoji's tongue.

*If Christopher Pengilly objects to this choice I'll happily have a rethink.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Name My Island Ultimate   Super Name My Island Ultimate - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Feb 2020 - 20:56

Why?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Name My Island Ultimate   Super Name My Island Ultimate - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Feb 2020 - 21:13

Town names are a max of 8 letters IIRC.
Your username is 8 letters.

...er, that's really it. Also the idea of Treesmurf waking up in a town called MASOFDAS makes me giggle. Like I said, I'll happily come up with another idea if you're not keen!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Name My Island Ultimate   Super Name My Island Ultimate - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Feb 2020 - 21:18

Haven't got any issues, just seemed odd
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Name My Island Ultimate   Super Name My Island Ultimate - Page 3 EmptyTue 25 Feb 2020 - 7:48

I’ll take Hero and I look forward to visiting Gashland
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Name My Island Ultimate   Super Name My Island Ultimate - Page 3 EmptyTue 25 Feb 2020 - 21:41

Mingeton will be your town name and King K. Rool will be its unofficial mayor.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Name My Island Ultimate   Super Name My Island Ultimate - Page 3 EmptyTue 25 Feb 2020 - 22:41

Jimbob wrote:
I'd feel bad it being called Bumend now that you have a littl'n with which you may have to guard from bad words in the next few years. I'd better defeat my previous self and save your soul! Here, we were trying to think, now it's an island, of a pun version of a famous British island. Therefore, my suggestion is the Isle of Shight. Er... Banjo and Kazooie as the fighters.

I think that might be worse  Laughing I did grow attached to Bumend in the long run, I'm sure she'll get over it.

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
"Do a toilet roll!"

I was reading this thread in the staff room earlier on, not paying attention to a story my colleague was telling about her Dad going into a care home. I get to this quote and burst out laughing just as she gets to an emotional part of her story. My boss wasn't impressed, and I don't think my colleague will talk to me again for a while. I couldn't even explain the situation, I was hardly going to say 'yeah, someone online said do a toilet roll seven years go'. 

Sorry about that, tell her what it was about, she can even suggest a name.

Balladeer wrote:
Laughing I was funnier back then.  

I've shunted this thread into the Switch sub-forum for obvious reasons.  I would like you to call your village: MASOFDAS.  All caps.*  I'll be represented by Greninja, in a tribute to Jas' fine drawing way back when and the Balladeer emoji's tongue.

*If Christopher Pengilly objects to this choice I'll happily have a rethink.

Reminds me of the time a friend had another friend's name as his password, they didn't see the funny side of it sadly, I'd be honoured to have my Island named after the Mas of Das.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Name My Island Ultimate   Super Name My Island Ultimate - Page 3 EmptySun 1 Mar 2020 - 15:46

Huh. Apparently I chose Ike last time too. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sammy Snake
Ejected into the Lava
Sammy Snake

PostSubject: Re: Super Name My Island Ultimate   Super Name My Island Ultimate - Page 3 EmptySun 1 Mar 2020 - 21:17

issssssssland name: SSSSSSSS

character: ssssssssssssssolid ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssnake
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Name My Island Ultimate   Super Name My Island Ultimate - Page 3 EmptyTue 3 Mar 2020 - 0:03

You better hope you've got a heron waiting in your tournament, Smurf. No

When's the tournament kicking off, incidentally?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Name My Island Ultimate   Super Name My Island Ultimate - Page 3 EmptyTue 3 Mar 2020 - 13:43

*pots and pans rattling in the distance*

Island name: Hoville

Fighter: Terry
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Name My Island Ultimate   Super Name My Island Ultimate - Page 3 EmptyTue 3 Mar 2020 - 15:46

JayMoyles wrote:

Somebody choose Falco, quick!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Name My Island Ultimate   Super Name My Island Ultimate - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Mar 2020 - 19:26

It's a ten character limit for AC's island names. Thumbs Up!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/03/10-character_island_names_for_animal_crossing_new_horizons_now_confirmed
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Name My Island Ultimate   Super Name My Island Ultimate - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Mar 2020 - 22:37

Well that's a little more reasonable.

JayMoyles wrote:

When's the tournament kicking off, incidentally?

I'll probably do it the weekend before it's out I think, might try and get it up to an even 16.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Name My Island Ultimate   Super Name My Island Ultimate - Page 3 EmptySat 7 Mar 2020 - 15:37

Well that changes everything. My suggestion will henceforth be changed to... PENGVILLE no it won't.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Name My Island Ultimate   Super Name My Island Ultimate - Page 3 EmptySun 8 Mar 2020 - 13:55

Smurfs Up [is the etymology in surfing or excited cocks?], administrated under the careful watch of Mega Man [so cocks then].

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Name My Island Ultimate   Super Name My Island Ultimate - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Name My Island Ultimate
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next