We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Should I play Monster Hunter

Go down 
+7
Dusty Knackers
Admin
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Should I play Monster Hunter Empty
PostSubject: Should I play Monster Hunter   Should I play Monster Hunter EmptyThu 16 May 2013 - 20:18

So, I've never really played Monster Hunter. My little brother got well into it, but he has oodles more patience than me- he can build lego models from the instructions.

I've played the demo a little and it seemed boring, but I understand this isn't really the sort of game you can "get" from a brief, out-of-context demo. I can get really into games when they grab me- I've played Pokémon to death. And I've always liked the idea of an online game, working together with parties and that.

So my questions are thus;
Do you like Monster Hunter?
Is it worth taking a plunge?
How long does it take to really get going?
How long will it take until I'm at a level where I can play with you guys?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Should I play Monster Hunter   Should I play Monster Hunter EmptyThu 16 May 2013 - 22:14

Yes
Yes
Yes
About an hour or 2 of tutorials then you can start down your own path.
A lot of us aren't bothered about what level people we're playing with, so straight away. To be on the rank we're on would take a while but there's always reasons to go back to the old quests, like getting/trying out new weapons or weapon types.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Should I play Monster Hunter   Should I play Monster Hunter EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 7:18

And cue the Jaster...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Should I play Monster Hunter   Should I play Monster Hunter EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 10:25

The amount of time it appears that you have to put into Monster Hunter has always put me off of it. There are people here who play Monster Hunter more in a day than I'd play computer games in a fortnight. First and foremost, I assume that whether or not you should bother with Monster Hunter will depend on how much time you have to invest in it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Should I play Monster Hunter   Should I play Monster Hunter EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 10:41

See, I can put the time into it, if I like it enough. Especially if I go really overboard and rock the Wii u/ 3DS double act.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Should I play Monster Hunter   Should I play Monster Hunter EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 10:45

Probably worth a shot, then. It does seem like a decent game. You could always test the waters with one of your brother's games, or pick up a cheap copy of Tri on the Wii.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Should I play Monster Hunter   Should I play Monster Hunter EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 21:12

Balladeer wrote:
And cue the Jaster...

I let you down didn't I? Razz

Quote :
Yes
Yes
Yes
About an hour or 2 of tutorials then you can start down your own path.
A lot of us aren't bothered about what level people we're playing with, so straight away. To be on the rank we're on would take a while but there's always reasons to go back to the old quests, like getting/trying out new weapons or weapon types.

This sums it up perfectly.

Tbh Phillips I see what ye mean by suggesting Tri as its cheaper but he may as well get Ultimate due to the massive amount of added content it has.
Oh it might because I've played the opening a few times but I think Ultimate eases you into it better than Tri does.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Should I play Monster Hunter   Should I play Monster Hunter EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 22:39

As someone who has little to no spare time, this game is not for me. Like Phillips though, I can see that it's a decent game, and I can also see why certain people go berserk for it. If I ever attempt to play the game again, I'll simply carry on with my Wii copy of Tri.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Should I play Monster Hunter   Should I play Monster Hunter EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 17:38

Buskalilly wrote:
Do you like Monster Hunter?
Is it worth taking a plunge?
How long does it take to really get going?
How long will it take until I'm at a level where I can play with you guys?

Yes.
Probably.
5-10 hours.
ABOUT THREE HUNDRED HOURS!!!!!1!!!!!!

Despite how much I love it, and I've certainly got more out of 3U than I did Tri, I find it a hard series to recommend. It's the kind of game that you have to play before you can decide if you like it, and not just for an hour or so, you have to really dig-in to it.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Should I play Monster Hunter   Should I play Monster Hunter EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 1:53

I've generally had no interest in these games but with it being on the 3DS I'm half tempted to give it ago during the next drought or maybe for work as I work most weekends with nothing to do.

Providing AC doesn't take up all the time

Do in regards to the question it's up to you
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Should I play Monster Hunter   Should I play Monster Hunter EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 15:23

No.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Should I play Monster Hunter   Should I play Monster Hunter EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 16:24

Heathen.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Should I play Monster Hunter   Should I play Monster Hunter EmptyMon 20 May 2013 - 1:26

Should I play Monster Hunter Tumblr_m2g9pbulO11qibz0jo1_400

I do actually like Monster Hunter.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Zaphod_B
Wonderful
Zaphod_B

PostSubject: Re: Should I play Monster Hunter   Should I play Monster Hunter EmptyMon 20 May 2013 - 8:18

If you like Pokemon, I reckon you could like MH, but it does take a while. Say a couple of hours playing alone and a few reasonable multiplayer hunts with someone who isn't too powerful, and I was hooked. 30 hours in, still enjoying it a bunch!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Should I play Monster Hunter   Should I play Monster Hunter EmptyMon 20 May 2013 - 8:34

I definitely enjoy pokemon, but a big part of that enjoyment was playing along with everyone else, so if everyone moved on to monster Hunter, that makes sense.

You know,I think I'm gonna take the plunge. As soon as I'm done with fire emblem, and I've made a start on the various old DS and VC games I've got lined up, it's MonHan away! (People say that, right?)
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Should I play Monster Hunter   Should I play Monster Hunter EmptyMon 20 May 2013 - 16:46

Have to give me or Jaster a shout if you want any help or guidance.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Should I play Monster Hunter   Should I play Monster Hunter EmptyMon 20 May 2013 - 19:33

Am I not cool enough to help Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Should I play Monster Hunter   Should I play Monster Hunter EmptyMon 20 May 2013 - 20:25

andyman949 wrote:

Dusty is just a castard like that.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Should I play Monster Hunter   Should I play Monster Hunter EmptyTue 21 May 2013 - 3:22

andyman949 wrote:

Forgot you existed Nah nah! Gwyn can help too I guess, assuming you can pin him down.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Should I play Monster Hunter   Should I play Monster Hunter EmptyThu 6 Jun 2013 - 8:56

So thanks to ZeroSuitSamus and this recommendation offer, I am now the proud owner of a download co-op put of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on 3DS! Seems pretty fun so far, and since I haven't paid any money yet, I can see myself buying the Wii u disc and joining you online in the non-stop-distant future Grin
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Should I play Monster Hunter   Should I play Monster Hunter EmptyThu 6 Jun 2013 - 15:45

You could download the free MH packet tool & connect online with yer 3ds version using the wii U as access point.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Should I play Monster Hunter   Should I play Monster Hunter EmptyThu 6 Jun 2013 - 22:18

The_Jaster wrote:
You could download the free MH packet tool & connect online with yer 3ds version using the wii U as access point.

Fer reals? I'll probably do that then, for now.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Should I play Monster Hunter   Should I play Monster Hunter EmptyFri 7 Jun 2013 - 0:23

Yup, but wii U is no doubt the better of the two options due to the controls being more comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Should I play Monster Hunter   Should I play Monster Hunter EmptyFri 7 Jun 2013 - 3:57

Buskalilly wrote:
So thanks to ZeroSuitSamus and this recommendation offer, I am now the proud owner of a download co-op put of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on 3DS!

And me for being the go-between Very Happy

The_Jaster wrote:

I saw this on eShop earlier, what does it actually do?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Should I play Monster Hunter   Should I play Monster Hunter EmptyFri 7 Jun 2013 - 7:30

I thought 3DS hunters could only hunt with fellow 3DS hunters though even with the online tool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I play Monster Hunter   Should I play Monster Hunter Empty

Back to top Go down

Should I play Monster Hunter
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next