We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I plan to boycott EA.

Go down 
+15
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
Sentinator
Jimbob
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Admin
Axis1500
JayMoyles
NintenDUCK
Balladeer
Crumpy Andy
oldschool
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

I plan to boycott EA. Empty
PostSubject: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 16:49

I have decided enough is enough. EA is a dreadful company and their behaviour towards Nintendo and its fans is nothing short of pathetic. The excuses for not developing for the Wii U (which I don't own by the way) have descended into Crazy Town. It is actually going to be a whole lot easier to do than the mere thought of it sounds, as I am struggling to think of a single franchise they have to which I care about. I don't like sport, Battlefield, Mass Effect, Dragon Age. What else am I missing? If I do get tempted to buy a game, I will only buy it used, to ensure they do not get a single dollar out of me.

Anyone else willing to tell EA what they think of them through your wallet?
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 16:55

As long as they own Bioware and Dice (probably forever) at least I can't see myself being able to resist, also I rather like The Sims, Crysis and Dead Space. Also I'm looking forwards to seeing some new Star Wars games as I do have a soft spot for them.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 16:59

andyman949 wrote:
As long as they own Bioware and Dice (probably forever) at least I can't see myself being able to resist, also I rather like The Sims, Crysis and Dead Space. Also I'm looking forwards to seeing some new Star Wars games as I do have a soft spot for them.

I don't care for Sims, although my daughter does. I hated Crysis 2. I liked Dead Space Extraction, but could easily wait for a used copy of any game in the series. I am sure they will screw Star Wars up.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 17:54

I will continue my lifelong boycott of EA. Very Happy I think my sister bought maybe two of their games?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 18:08

Well as much as I hate to let go of all those wonderful sports games that appeal to me so very muchly I'll start shunning them too. (did the sarcasm work?)
Calling them "crap" is frightfully rude and that blundering fool should be fired out of a comically large cannon and land in a pool of wii.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 19:16

I rarely buy their games, and with the Mass Effect trilogy concluded I can't see me buying another for now.

I can affix a large proportion of the blame to EA for the DLC-orientated gaming environment we live in now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 19:19

Not as bad as capcom though, I mean they've never left the ending off of a game to charge you for later.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 19:30

Ooh, what Capcom game is this?
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 19:38

Me too. Won't make much of an impact though - I don't buy many of their games anyway.
Credit where it's due, though, Need For Speed Most Wanted U is absolutely amazing.

Last edited by Axis1500 on Sun 19 May 2013 - 2:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 19:45

JayMoyles wrote:
Ooh, what Capcom game is this?
Asura's Wrath, the whole last chapter was DLC.
Also I believe Konami did a similar thing with Castlevania Lords of Shadows.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 20:26

Balladeer wrote:
I will continue my lifelong boycott of EA. Very Happy I think my sister bought maybe two of their games?

Unless it was your sister's copy, you bought Henry Hatsworth, didn't you? Yes, I'm aware it was developed for EA, not by EA. Nah nah!

The last two EA games I recall buying were Henry Hatsworth and Boom Blox and its sequel, so I can't see my actions (or lack of) making much difference. This development concerned me at first, as this was one of the factors that destroyed the Dreamcast back in olden times. Then I reminded myself that (as much as I love them) even SEGA didn't have the capital or foresight of Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 20:54

Stu_the_great wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

Unless it was your sister's copy, you bought Henry Hatsworth, didn't you? Yes, I'm aware it was developed for EA, not by EA. Nah nah!

The last two EA games I recall buying were Henry Hatsworth and Boom Blox and its sequel, so I can't see my actions (or lack of) making much difference. This development concerned me at first, as this was one of the factors that destroyed the Dreamcast back in olden times. Then I reminded myself that (as much as I love them) even SEGA didn't have the capital or foresight of Nintendo.

I have been somewhat amused by some reporting on the internet (clearly by fans, not real journalists I hope), comparing the Wii U to the Dreamcast and more specifically as to how Nintendo as the next Sega. As you mention, the capital is the difference of importance. Nintendo can make losses for decades before it ran out of money and the 3DS must be making it a decent amount of money at this point and much of the losses would be associated with the costs of creating both the consoles. I can only see that by Christmas, when possibly the new PS4 and Nextbox arrive, Nintendo will have some big first party titles hitting the shelf and a likely price reduction, making the difference between the Wii U and them significant.

The problem the PS4 and Nextbox may have is that it if the Wii U starts to move in numbers, some developers will continue making PS3 and 360 games, along with the Wii U because it is cheaper and there are a lot more consumers out there to sell to, retarding the take-off for the new consoles, much like how the PS2 was hurting the PS3 initially. This would work in the Wii U's favour.

I really wish I had a Wii U, but I have not seen it on a promotional price pretty much all year. I was prepared to purchase one 2 months ago, to get Monster Hunter, but I am not paying $430 when I have seen it promoted at $380 last year. I still can't think of another game I am willing to buy for it, until at least Pikmin 3, but I know there will be great games sooner rather than later.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 2:39

Stu_the_great wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

Another point that's worth bearing in mind - No FIFA or Madden game ever broke 1 million the Wii.
This is especially amusing because the same sites making this out to be a big deal are also mocking Nintendo for the "tired" Sonic exclusives - yet Sonic games consistently sell far more on Nintendo platforms than EA sports games ever did.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 2:42

I encourage every Wii U owner to plant £40 on Need For Speed Most Wanted. I can't stay angry at EA.

I plan to boycott EA. Fifa_13_messi

Just look at Messi's face.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 3:55

Phillips wrote:
I encourage every Wii U owner to plant £40 on Need For Speed Most Wanted. I can't stay angry at EA.

I plan to boycott EA. Fifa_13_messi

Just look at Messi's face.

I must admit that I do have a desire to get this game, but I think my anger at EA exceeds my desire to get it. If I see it really cheap, only ion the Wii U, or preferrably used, I will probably get it.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 4:41

I would say I will boycott them too but it is very hard to boycott something I've never purchased in my life. I am happy to sa I've never once purchased an EA game and not played any either. I am however considering picking up the Mass Effect Trilogy at some point to see what the fuss was all about, but that will be where it ends.

That said I too find their behavior utterly pathetic. Childish as well. From what I can tell Nintendo decided to opt out of a deal that would have seen EA win and them receive nothing of worth in return and because of that EA is now running a slander campaign, it really seems the action of a big american company to do this though. I only hope the Wii U does take off so I can laugh as EA has to eat their own words and realise that they are the ones worse off for this bout of immature stupidity and not Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 8:21

Stu_the_great wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

Curses, rumbled! A brilliant, brilliant game that I'd advise everyone to pick up - used of course. (Apart from... was it Jay who really hated it on the old place? Somebody did, anyway.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 10:09

Axis1500 wrote:
Another point that's worth bearing in mind - No FIFA or Madden game ever broke 1 million the Wii.

Another good point, and one I wasn't aware of until I read your post on Twitter. Loss of any sale is bad, but we could've been in a situation where Nintendo and SEGA had fallen out instead and ruined some excellent sales patterns. That Amazon is still stocking and selling both versions of Sonic Colours really says something.

Admittedly, I'd really like to pick up Need For Speed: Most Wanted U, but for the time being it's still a bit expensive.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 10:21

Hm. I'm trying to avoid comments sections plagued by fanboys. I'm a Ninty fanboy, but at least a realist.

Firstly, this doesn't affect me in terms of my gaming options for multiformat releases, as I have a 360. If an amazing game comes out that's published by EA, I'm probably going to buy it. So, individually this doesn't make much difference.

Examining the events of the past 3 months, it's EA that are the ones who find themselves in a sticky situation; they've actually lost a bit, and their PR is already costing them shares. *thrownoutfortalkingaboutmarketing* *sneaksbackin* I suspect their decision is not based on any bullshit about technical details - the WiiU is definitely more powerful than a 5-year-old machine; they iust, as they would realise if they look back at the last couple of console generations, haven't got to grips with what to program where. The PS3's first batch of games were a complete mess technically. At the moment, the WiiU's install base is too small for them to really make a profit on anything. This is because it's six months old. Again, go back to the previous generations, where, the Wii aside (a massive anomaly in the graph), all consoles took a white to get going.
Actually, the WiiU is doing pretty well considering the economic climate; a bit of long-term thinking might change people's reactions - surely this last console generation should have taught people this. But no, this is the era of social media and instant value crashes; derp-central.

tl;dr - it's EA's precarious situation that is the reason for this; however the global dipshittery of the internet will claim that Nintendo are the ones that look dumb. Which is exactly what EA want.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 11:07

Nicely put, Jimbob. The way EA has basically absolved themselves of the blame for why sales of FIFA, Mass Effect and the rest haven't been great is particularly galling - people looking in will think that Nintendo's Wii U and it's gamers are at fault. Bollocks! We'd have quite happily bought these great games had they not been inferior, expensive versions of what's already been out there since 2011. I'm on the same boat as Jimbob though - as a gamer with a 360 too, this doesn't really affect me.

On another note...I wonder if Square Enix will do the same thing when 2010's Deus Ex doesn't sell well in 2013.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 11:47

Balladeer wrote:
Curses, rumbled! A brilliant, brilliant game that I'd advise everyone to pick up - used of course. (Apart from... was it Jay who really hated it on the old place? Somebody did, anyway.)

Nope, weren't me! I've never played it.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 12:27

Phillips wrote:
On another note...I wonder if Square Enix will do the same thing when 2010's Deus Ex doesn't sell well in 2013.

I doubt they will honestly. Square Enix is a Japanese company and they frequently publish games on Nintendo systems. They might very well not make anything else for the Wii U, but I very much doubt we will see the same sort of dummy spit that EA has embarked on.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 13:25

Athrun888 wrote:
Phillips wrote:

I doubt they will honestly. Square Enix is a Japanese company and they frequently publish games on Nintendo systems. They might very well not make anything else for the Wii U, but I very much doubt we will see the same sort of dummy spit that EA has embarked on.

I will very surprised if we don't see a new Fianl Fantasy Crystal Chronicles again, but what I would really like to see is a Final Fantasy Tactics game. It is time it came back to the home console and the Gamepad is made for it.
Back to top Go down
Sentinator
Bokoblin
Sentinator

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 14:42

I KNEW somebody was going to make a thread about EA eventually. This is my view.

Aside from Bioware they have nothing of interest to me. I bought their game despite the signs they were showing that they clearly couldn't care less about the game. What can you say about them? There is a huge market for their games but Nintendo doesn't need them. They are entering next generation after being voted the worst company in America two years in a row. They have admitted they plan to charge a higher amount for their PS4 games. And they are one of the biggest offenders for this push to block used games.

We all know they will come crawling back anyway but any PC outings they have are now off my want list (and there wasn't many to begin with). In regards to their employee's comment about the console, he almost came off as arrogant and at least cocky.

And yes I do have Need for Speed. Haven't played it lol.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 14:55

Can't say I care for EA and never really have, never gotten in to Mass Effect and their biggest seller Fifa is inferior to Konami's effort. Don't really think they have a lot to offer Nintendo especially if everything they do is just copy and pasted from the year before. Nintendo are bigger than EA.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. Empty

Back to top Go down

I plan to boycott EA.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next