We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

Go down 
+21
beemoh
Cube
Xelviar
Axis1500
NintenDUCK
masofdas
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Sentinator
Admin
nupkin
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
shanks
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
fronkhead
Dusty Knackers
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 17 EmptyThu 4 Mar 2021 - 21:31

MEAN. Crying or Very sad

...how much
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 17 EmptyFri 5 Mar 2021 - 21:15

So I finished Bowser's Fury with all shines now and I have to say it's fantastic, I can totally see where people are coming from with the "concept" talk and as much I'm sure I'd enjoy a full game like this I'd be happy if it were done Odyssey style again next game they release.

How are we all feeling about when Bowser have Fury? I had the odd moment when it was annoying but once I figured him out it made for some really fun bits that felt like set pieces even though they weren't, would actually like to see that adapted further.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 17 EmptySun 7 Mar 2021 - 8:58

I think I got up to 93/100 Cat Shines and the main reason I haven't gotten the last few is because his Fury makes getting some of them slightly too annoying (picking up kittens that you then drop when it happens because they get all possessed and evil). Otherwise, it was pretty easy to wait it out or make sure you dashed over to somewhere with Fury Blocks to make use of it, so it never bothered me too much.

I enjoyed it overall - it felt like a different beast to Odyssey and I quite enjoyed the daft "EVERYTHING IS CATS" vibe.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 17 EmptySun 7 Mar 2021 - 20:04

Didn't have you down as a Cat person.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 17 EmptyFri 19 Mar 2021 - 16:35

I know I'm a month late in posting about it, but that co-op session with Cappa, Dusty and Smurf was great fun! There was some connection hiccups here or there, but what do you expect when you're dealing with Nintendo's online? I'd be game for revisiting our co-op run at some point, for what it's worth.

I'm very glad I chose to beat the game myself before hopping into co-op, mind you, as there we did barrel through the levels at a fair pace and I enjoyed experiencing each level at my own plodding rate in my solo run. That same Mario charm - the old "every level does something new!" adage - is still present here, but it doesn't shine as brightly as it does in Odyssey or Galaxy in my eyes.

Conversely, Bowser's Fury is scratching that itch. It feels much more like an Odyssey expansion than an add-on to 3DW, but that's no bad thing. I've really enjoyed what I've played of it thus far and I really ought to go back and finish it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 17 EmptyFri 19 Mar 2021 - 18:43

I'm all for playing some more of it, curious to see how we'd fare in the later worlds. I couldn't really put Bowser's Fury down once I got started, it really tapped in to the collect everything fun of open world Mario and island hopping felt great too, it's definitely just more Odyssey though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 17 EmptyFri 19 Mar 2021 - 20:54

I'll be playing Bowser's Fury in co-op. I'm actually wondering if that's the right approach... It sounds like it's a bit more special than the main game, and may deserve a bit more reverence.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 17 EmptySat 20 Mar 2021 - 8:34

JayMoyles wrote:
I know I'm a month late in posting about it, but that co-op session with Cappa, Dusty and Smurf was great fun! There was some connection hiccups here or there, but what do you expect when you're dealing with Nintendo's online? I'd be game for revisiting our co-op run at some point, for what it's worth.

I'd be game for that too - let's arrange that for some time  Thumbs Up!

...I've still not played Bowser's Fury. I keep forgetting about it  Meh
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 17 EmptySat 20 Mar 2021 - 8:51

Balladeer wrote:
I'll be playing Bowser's Fury in co-op.  I'm actually wondering if that's the right approach...  It sounds like it's a bit more special than the main game, and may deserve a bit more reverence.

I didn't think it worked that well in co-op - whoever plays at Bowser Jr doesn't get that much to do. You'll probably shit on it just as much as the main game if you take that approach. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 17 EmptySun 21 Mar 2021 - 15:16

Balladeer wrote:
I'll be playing Bowser's Fury in co-op.  I'm actually wondering if that's the right approach...  It sounds like it's a bit more special than the main game, and may deserve a bit more reverence.

Yeah, it's definitely more in the vein of Galaxy with how it handles co-op - Bowser Jr. doesn't do much. It's very much a "little brother" co-op mode, if you follow.

Cappa: Name a date and I'll do my best to be there for some 3DW co-op action!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 17 EmptyMon 22 Mar 2021 - 21:46

Bobbins. If only we had another local co-op game to play... Shifty

I say that, MHR might have to wait (in multiplayer anyway) as we finish the hidden worlds. Weirdly I think we're getting into it a bit more in these! Maybe it's just because The Lady has now got to grips with Mario: maybe it's us both laughing our heads off as we die, again.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 17 EmptyWed 31 Mar 2021 - 20:33

That's 3DW done: I didn't finish Champion's Road on the Wii U so I wasn't going to try on the Switch, and we couldn't be bothered with the Big Mystery House either. Definitely picked up towards the end!

Onto Bowser's Fury and... yep, co-op it isn't. My first thought was frustration that they'd done this in the 3DW engine: I can't triple-jump! Why can't I triple-jump? Sad That said, I did enjoy the first island, and the battle with Bowser was big dumb fun. I'm worried that aspect might get old as the adventure progresses though.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 17 EmptyThu 1 Apr 2021 - 3:53

Balladeer wrote:
Weirdly I think we're getting into it a bit more in these!  
Nope, that's everyone. 3D World was the epitome of the Mario "the game starts at the end" thing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 17 EmptyThu 1 Apr 2021 - 20:24

Balladeer wrote:
That's 3DW done: I didn't finish Champion's Road on the Wii U so I wasn't going to try on the Switch, and we couldn't be bothered with the Big Mystery House either.  Definitely picked up towards the end!

Onto Bowser's Fury and... yep, co-op it isn't.  My first thought was frustration that they'd done this in the 3DW engine: I can't triple-jump!  Why can't I triple-jump? Sad That said, I did enjoy the first island, and the battle with Bowser was big dumb fun.  I'm worried that aspect might get old as the adventure progresses though.

On the Bowser Battles, I don't think you have to do them that much but keep in mind that you can pick things up as Mario, I only noticed this in the last battle I did but it made the thing so much more enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 17 EmptyFri 2 Apr 2021 - 17:10

So you can. I'm now up to 42 Cat Shines and I don't seem to be able to wait him out any more, which is bloody annoying.

Buskalilly wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Weirdly I think we're getting into it a bit more in these!   
Nope, that's everyone. 3D World was the epitome of the Mario "the game starts at the end" thing.
Ah okay. It's... not a great thing.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 17 EmptySat 3 Apr 2021 - 2:20

In terms of difficulty I really like that approach because it means young kids get the satisfaction of finishing a game and dorks like us get the extra challenge. When all the creativity is also back-loaded, I guess it could be seen as a problem.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 17 EmptySun 4 Apr 2021 - 11:25

Oh yep, I mean in terms of creativity. I felt there were maybe three or four levels before world seven that did something creative? The difficulty approach worked fine for me, especially as it was The Lady's first Mario!

I've now got all the Cat Shines and beaten Bowser for the final time. I can confirm that Bowser's Fury did indeed get old as the adventure progressed. Still a good adventure, but... mixed feelings.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 17 EmptyMon 5 Apr 2021 - 23:10

I've still not polished off Bowser's Fury - thank MHR for that - but I'm curious as to why you thought it didn't have legs. I think I'm most of the way through the adventure and I've still really enjoyed the freedom this mode offers compared to the main game.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 17 EmptyTue 6 Apr 2021 - 21:06

Ah yes, it's not quite clear is it? By Bowser's Fury in italics I mean the game mode, and by Bowser's Fury I mean the thing in Bowser's Fury where Bowser goes on an inky rampage. Despite its repetitive tasks Bowser's Fury didn't get old, but Bowser's Fury did. Crystal clear. Shifty
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 17 EmptySat 24 Apr 2021 - 0:25

Ahaha, fair enough! I've heard that criticism about Angry Bowser Mode - more of a nuisance as opposed to an engaging mechanic later in the adventure.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 17 EmptyFri 7 May 2021 - 22:38

Balladeer wrote:
I'm only having a moment because I literally do projecting results from other results as my job. Embarrassed

CAUTION - NUMBERS WITHIN:

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.  Anyway, I think I may just have written the most boring post on GNamer.  You're all welcome.

5.59m already on Switch.
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 17 EmptySat 8 May 2021 - 23:55

Been playing this as I borrowed my nephew's copy (he didn't get on with it) and have been pleasantly surprised with how much I've been enjoying it. It wasn't on my radar to get as I have other games to play and I already played it on Wii U, but was curious about the changes and wanted to give it a try.

As it happens I didn't buy it on Wii U either but I remember being disappointed with it at the time. I remember playing it until the end of the main story mode and not trying to collect too many stars. Now though with Mario Odyssey filling the role of 'the big Mario game' of the Switch, and me knowing what kind of game 3D World is like, I was able to go into the Switch version with more managed expectations.

I like how fast this version feels and how (unsurprisingly) nice-looking it looks and plays on handheld mode. I like how fun and creative the level design is, even if throughout the main story it hasn't been especially challenging. Collecting the stars has been fun though. I found that in the NSMB games, while collecting the big coins is enjoyable, those collectibles are a bit too well-hidden sometimes. They've never been annoying to find in this game.

Also the presentation in the game is top notch. I like the retro-style character portraits. The spectacle isn't as great as on the major 3D Marios but the game can still look really nice sometimes. The rainy level looked amazing. And it's paired with sold sound design.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 17 EmptyTue 11 May 2021 - 12:07

Balladeer wrote:
Ah yes, it's not quite clear is it?  By Bowser's Fury in italics I mean the game mode, and by Bowser's Fury I mean the thing in Bowser's Fury where Bowser goes on an inky rampage.  Despite its repetitive tasks Bowser's Fury didn't get old, but Bowser's Fury did.  Crystal clear. Shifty

This is all much simpler in Japan, where the game is called Super Mario 3D World + Fury World. But also, Bowser is called Koopa.
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 17 EmptyMon 17 May 2021 - 23:27

Ugh. I have all the green stars now, but I just learned I have to get all the stamps and get a top-of-the-pole finish in all the levels too to unlock the final world.

Don't know if I can be bothered lol
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 17 EmptyWed 19 May 2021 - 20:02

There aren't that many levels in the final world and one of them is brutal. I wouldn't say you're missing much!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
Page 17 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next