We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

Go down 
+21
beemoh
Cube
Xelviar
Axis1500
NintenDUCK
masofdas
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Sentinator
Admin
nupkin
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
shanks
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
fronkhead
Dusty Knackers
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 3 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 0:59

Initial disappointment that we were getting a followup to the (great) Super Mario 3D Land quickly turned to excitement the more I saw the game.

It's Super Mario 3D Land with far more creativity, ditching constant throwbacks to Super Mario Bros. 3. Having four player support should also make this one a fun un' to play around with friends.

Did anyone watch the video where Miyamoto provided a gameplay walkthrough? I thought it was cute that he said he advised the development team -- based on his experiences of owning a cat for the past four years -- on how a cat should behave, right down to how they should stick their tongue out (the cat powerup's brilliant, as is the addition of Toad Winky Face ). Even if cat Luigi to the right has a bit of a sneaky stare.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 3 Marioworld

Just hoping we get a 'different' 3D Mario next, though, but really looking forward to this.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 3 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 3:14

I don't want to like this just like I didn't really like the 3DS Mario Land, but the cat power up has me slightly interested.

And with 4 people at the same time isn't it just NSMB then?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 3 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 7:35

Couldn't help but feel a twinge of disappointment, from the title alone. I'll get it, of course, but all the while I'll be cursing the fact that NSMBWii's high sales have taken Nintendo down a "Must make multiplayer Mario" route.

On the other hand, I've just had the nasty thought that this might be a stopgap until the true Galaxy 2 follow-up comes out. Wishful thinking? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 3 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 8:47

You'd hope so, wouldn't you? I'd hate for this to be the only 3D Mario on the Wii U. That said, CVG have said it's quite fun to play...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 3 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 9:16

Its a 3D Mario game in HD with characters who all play differently! Its gonna be brilliant fun that no other game can touch. And when its made Nintendo a nice, tasty pile of cash, they'll return to pumping out the likes of Galaxy that twist games on their head.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 3 EmptyThu 13 Jun 2013 - 3:04

I'll really need to play this with my nephew when it arrives, he loves his Mario but struggled with the likes of Galaxy but this will be right up his street.

Oh & everytime I watch the trailer I can't help but grin like a madman.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 3 EmptyThu 13 Jun 2013 - 11:06

I will admit that those cat characters are adorable.  Cat-Toad all the way.  Also,
nupkin wrote:
I like that we get floating Peach (which makes me wonder what the plot is going to be - it would be naff if it was just a dream)...
Maybe Wart will make his return?  Or an evil cat-thing?  The dinosaur/serpent boss certainly looks more imaginative than your standard Koopalings/bigger Mario baddies fare.

I think I might be coming around to this game.  We'll see.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 3 EmptyThu 13 Jun 2013 - 14:23

This is my DK tropical freeze of the direct
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 3 EmptyThu 13 Jun 2013 - 14:31

Balladeer wrote:
The dinosaur/serpent boss certainly looks more imaginative than your standard Koopalings/bigger Mario baddies fare.

I spotted that! For me, that's the thing that let NSMBW, NSMB2, NSMBU and SM3DL down; no decent, surprising bosses. That's what made the two galaxies so great.

It would amuse me if the plot endedup being that Bowser went to Kidnap Peach, but accidentally came away with Yellow Toad.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 3 EmptySat 22 Jun 2013 - 4:26

I hope Monty Mole is in this one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 3 EmptySat 3 Aug 2013 - 15:24

ONM preview. Yay to the general tone of things, but a big fat booooo to eight-way movement, a dash button (it's an analogue stick, Nintendo!), and the multiplayer focus.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 3 EmptySat 3 Aug 2013 - 16:48

I've never understood the hatred for run buttons. Whilst analogue sticks work fine for more stealthy games if I didn't want to run full pelt holding down the stick partially is a bit of a pain. I'd rather have a dash button and run at full speed as and when I need too (also it makes me feel like I'm going faster, I don't feel fast if I'm just holding the stick forward and end up trying to jump or dodge to make myself go faster.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 3 EmptyTue 6 Aug 2013 - 23:07

I can't imagine any point where you wouldn't want to dash in a Mario game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 3 EmptyWed 7 Aug 2013 - 0:14

Bollocks to the dash button. Just about every platformer except- of all things! - the Super Mario ones follow the Super Mario 64 archetype, and for damn good reason. Movement should be completely sensitive to your touch, in my opinion. The analog stick should allow you to move freely and at whatever speed you please on it's own.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013 - 17:33

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 3 Super_10

U.S. box art has appeared. Busy, but neat.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013 - 17:47

Looks a decent box.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013 - 18:03

"Look! Four players, like you never always wanted! Four player 3D Mario! Mario, in 3D, with three friends! Making four people playing it! LOOK AT HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN PLAY OUR NEW 3D MARIO GAME!

Also it has cats."
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013 - 18:06

I want to make a really bad joke about peach and cat's but I won't.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013 - 19:10

Although I know I will end up getting it I still think meh
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 3 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2013 - 14:41

To be honest, I'm at the stage of being excited for it. I loved SM3DL (hope SM3DW keeps the speedrun-a-level-and-compete-with-others idea) and am sure that the Cat Suit will provide something more than the slowing your descent that most New suits seem to provide. At the back of my mind I know it'll be an enjoyable game. My issue will be that tension between having a level that's fun with four players and a level that's fun as a solo player.

Last edited by ZeroJones on Wed 11 Sep 2013 - 14:42; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : brain fries)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 3 EmptyThu 12 Sep 2013 - 14:00

An edit from Neogaf. Doesn't this look better?

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 3 TuwoqWV
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 3 EmptyThu 12 Sep 2013 - 16:05

U... R... Mr... Old?! Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 3 EmptyFri 13 Sep 2013 - 0:44

Looks much more complete with that added sky in the background.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 3 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 16:21

New trailer from today's Direct. This is starting to look like a belter.

Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 3 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 17:40

If I wan't already going to get this I'd Christmas I'd be feeling pretty convinced right now. Looks like great fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
Page 3 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next