We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sonic Lost World

Go down 
+15
shanks
Cube
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
Crumpy Andy
Admin
Buskalilly
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Balladeer
JayMoyles
nupkin
The Cappuccino Kid
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Sonic Lost World - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Lost World   Sonic Lost World - Page 2 EmptySun 9 Jun 2013 - 14:12

@Stu

Only ever enjoyed Sonic Rush on DS not played any of the recent ones as the characters annoy me beyond belief & tbh it's been that way ever since Sonic adventure on the dreamcast.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Lost World   Sonic Lost World - Page 2 EmptySun 9 Jun 2013 - 20:20

The_Jaster wrote:
@Stu

Only ever enjoyed Sonic Rush on DS not played any of the recent ones as the characters annoy me beyond belief & tbh it's been that way ever since Sonic adventure on the dreamcast.

Can't go wrong with Rush. It's the Sonic game that re-invigorated my hopes for the franchise.

Can't deny the Galaxy influences having seen the gameplay footage, now. Looks like the parkour will keep the game flowing, and Sonic looks much more responsive in 3D than his Colour counterpart.

The 3DS version looks great! For a minute or so I thought I was looking at poorly-captured Wii U footage, before seeing a couple of the character models up close gave the game away. Only thing I can clearly criticise is the uncharacteristically bland music, though I guess they've had to reduce the tempo a bit to fit the steadier pace.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Lost World   Sonic Lost World - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 19:15

For anyone who's missed it, a brief new trailer hit the interwebs yesterday. New Wisp powers!

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/52226/new-sonic-lost-world-trailer-shows-off-sonics-new-powers/
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Lost World   Sonic Lost World - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 19:33

looks ace
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Lost World   Sonic Lost World - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 20:46

Truth be told, I wasn't too keen on the Wisps in Colours - it diluted and cluttered what I felt was it's perfect core gameplay. The moments I remember from Colours don't involve any power ups, just Sonic The Hedgehog running full-pelt through some of the prettiest, most vivid environments seen on the Wii.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Lost World   Sonic Lost World - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 22:33

Phillips wrote:
Truth be told, I wasn't too keen on the Wisps in Colours - it diluted and cluttered what I felt was it's perfect core gameplay. The moments I remember from Colours don't involve any power ups, just Sonic The Hedgehog running full-pelt through some of the prettiest, most vivid environments seen on the Wii.

Totally agree with this. And the laser Wisp was a bit of a pain in the bum to manipulate to your whim at times. what I've seen of Lost World overall has delighted me up to now, though.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Lost World   Sonic Lost World - Page 2 EmptyThu 18 Jul 2013 - 2:01

Now has a date - October 18 for EU. 4 days before the Yanks get it.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Lost World   Sonic Lost World - Page 2 EmptyThu 18 Jul 2013 - 9:53

October for a Sonic game... Oh well I'll pick it up in the new year then Laughing 
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Lost World   Sonic Lost World - Page 2 EmptyThu 18 Jul 2013 - 11:51

I never really got into sonic but I may give this game a go at some point but perhaps not launch as it is looking very good. Maybe Christmas? Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Lost World   Sonic Lost World - Page 2 EmptyThu 18 Jul 2013 - 11:53

Is there an option to mute the voices only? That's what I want to know.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Lost World   Sonic Lost World - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Jul 2013 - 18:53

Maybe I'm a die-hard Sonic fanboy, but I really don't mind Sonic's voice, especially in the most recent games where dialogue is pretty minimal. Up to Sonic Colours, though, I hated how Tails' voice sounded more and more like it belonged to a two-year-old girl with every installment (Sonic Heroes being possibly the worst offender. "Look at all those Eggman's robots!" for the thousandth time, until you just wanted to repeatedly hit yourself in the face with your GameCube Controller).

Ahem. Embarrassed 

October is good for me, and it should be a decent antidote to Too Much Pokémon Syndrome.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Lost World   Sonic Lost World - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Jul 2013 - 21:37

This really does look good, I'm in for launch day. Can't wait.

Axis1500 wrote:
Now has a date - October 18 for EU. 4 days before the Yanks get it.

I've been surprised at how many Nintendo published games we're receiving/received first this year from Nintendo of Europe: Sonic Lost World, Dream Team Bros., Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, Super Luigi U (boxed), Layton 6 and Bravely Default...how things have changed.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Lost World   Sonic Lost World - Page 2 EmptySat 27 Jul 2013 - 10:58

I'm wondering why, all of a sudden. Not that I'm complaining! I love seeing Americans whine that they're being badly done-to on Nintendo Life/GameFAQs. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Lost World   Sonic Lost World - Page 2 EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013 - 21:41

So anyone saying lost worlds looks like galaxy watch this, it's has clips of the unreleased sonic x-treme.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Lost World   Sonic Lost World - Page 2 EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013 - 21:54

In last month's ONM the game's director debunked that theory, as he said that his team had no involvement/major knowledge in/of Sonic X-Treme. I totally made the connection myself when I first saw it, though.

Sonic X-Treme could've been amazing. Sad
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Lost World   Sonic Lost World - Page 2 EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013 - 21:57

Yeah I seen your previous post, Yeah a great Sonic game might of helped the saturn.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Lost World   Sonic Lost World - Page 2 EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013 - 22:51

You just know that X-Treme would have been murder to play though. It never made it out of development for a load of reasons, the fluidity of it's gameplay must have been one of them.

~

I read on Nintendo Life that Sonic Team aim to place more of an emphasis on platforming this time, as opposed to outright speed. That's cool with me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Lost World   Sonic Lost World - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Aug 2013 - 12:37

Sonic Trailer
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Lost World   Sonic Lost World - Page 2 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 22:41

Due to my October game-buying ban, I paid for this 'ere game today. Such is my conviction that it's one to look out for.

When was the last time anyone said that about a Sonic game, eh? (Yes I expected Colours to be crap, and I was pleasantly surprised.)
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Lost World   Sonic Lost World - Page 2 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 22:56

Just a heads up - ShopTo seems to be offering 3 pieces of exclusive free DLC for the Wii U version. There's a massive banner about it on the front page. A Remote controlled Omochao gadget and various Bomb color powers.

Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Lost World   Sonic Lost World - Page 2 EmptySun 6 Oct 2013 - 14:42

I'm really stoked for this after going hands-on at Eurogamer. It's slick, there's a lot of variety in each level to keep you on your toes and it's challenging. So much that you'll be given bunches of lives at a time.

Would imagine this would be amazing to speedrun through one you're familiar with the mechanics and in the zone. Miiverse leaderboard integration, autolog style, would be amazing.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Lost World   Sonic Lost World - Page 2 EmptySun 6 Oct 2013 - 22:07

Due to my postgraduate course, deadlines and my working situation(s), I've cancelled all of my pre-orders for games going up until next Spring. Everything, that is, except this. I might wind up with stuff like Super Mario 3D World and Mario Golf 3DS, but this is the only game on Nintendo's horizon that I truly regard as being unmissable. I can't wait for this.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Lost World   Sonic Lost World - Page 2 EmptySun 6 Oct 2013 - 22:25

Stu_the_great wrote:
Due to my October game-buying ban, I paid for this 'ere game today. 
Now hang on, surely that's cheating...
@The Capoocino Kid; oddly, I'm the opposite. This is the one game I'm not looking at as a must buy but as more of a January sales sort of game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Lost World   Sonic Lost World - Page 2 EmptySun 6 Oct 2013 - 22:28

Good to see a bit more Sonic love on the forum. As I mentioned in this quarter's Admintendo, I haven't been this excited for a Sonic game since Sonic Adventure. I really, really hope they don't start off great and screw it up somehow, and I mostly believe they won't.

Buska: Not cheating - thinking ahead! I've not broken the rules at all: no money is changing hands for the game this month. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Lost World   Sonic Lost World - Page 2 EmptySun 6 Oct 2013 - 22:36

Whilst I know I will get this, and I am really looking forward to it, it's not a day one purchase. There are too many games in my house collecting dust as it is.

Also, may I call you 'Cap' now, Phillips?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Lost World   Sonic Lost World - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sonic Lost World
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next