We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition

Go down 
+5
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Silver light
Balladeer
Athrun888
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition Empty
PostSubject: What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition   What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition EmptyWed 5 Jun 2013 - 17:16

I didn't see a version of this around here, if there is one feel free to smack this with the delete and blast me for being a blind fool. Laughing

Anyway, you know the drill, so I'll just jump right to what I'm playing. Assassin's Creed II on the PS3, and its been a blast so far. My only gripe is the lack of noticeable music most of the time, some well timed dramatic tracks could have really sparked some scenes up, but overall that's a minor complaint and I'm highly enjoying the game.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition   What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013 - 19:35

We've had a request for exactly this sort of topic, so it's back open!  I encourage people to use this instead of the platform-specific ones, unless they really want to.  Reduces the odds of Dead Thread Syndrome.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition   What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013 - 19:43

Didn't want to go around merging all the threads then, Balladeer? Razz

Anyway, right now i've been playing Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals (aka FE6/Binding Blade/"that one with Roy"). It's pretty good so far, as expected. Also more challenging than the other FEs (prolly partly down to not being one of the "gimped difficulty for western audiences" lot) so far, which is nice. Still not a whole lot of challenge yet though, but soon enough, i'm sure...

Last edited by Silver light on Tue 25 Jun 2013 - 19:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition   What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013 - 19:45

Not four of them, no! It'd be a mess. And there might be objections: I can undo a lock, but not a merge.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition   What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013 - 19:47

First post in a non nintendo thread about a Nintendo game Neutral
I'm playing Bully on the 360 at the moment. Enjoying having a proper control to play it with. Only thing the Wii version has had over it so far is the Biology classes becuse the cursor is so damned slow on this version.
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition   What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013 - 19:56

It counts as retro though Razz

Actually, that is a thought. Are we including Retro in here, or not?

I'm still playing Fate/unlimited codes on and off still too, actually. It might just be the first fighting game i actually really enjoy to play.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition   What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013 - 20:56

Why would we include retro in here? It has its own forum section entirely.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition   What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013 - 21:05

Not too long since it was last used, either.  I think one generation back's fine though, given that our Wii U/3DS threads have just expanded to capture Wii/DS.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition   What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013 - 21:15

Why would you expect the retro section to be used daily though? As much as I love playing old games I don't do it every day.

Also GNamer & the old place always ran at a slower pace compared to other forums and that the way I like it damn it!
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition   What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013 - 21:31

...All i did was just ask a flipp'n question for clarity, geez. For the matter, no, i wasn't expecting it to be used daily either.

Decided to finally start my Vita copy of BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend and also my PS+ copy of Virtue's Last Reward. Really struggling like heck to stand the Jp. voice acting in the latter though, me and that stuff just don't get on it seems Neutral
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition   What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013 - 23:10

Been mixing up between Atelier Totori Plus, Persona 4 Golden and PhotoKano Kiss, really. Luckily Animal Crossing helped me get over my slight Persona 4 Addiction.

And Atelier Totori is just too adorable. The script never fails to amuse me too, even if it falls into cliche all too often. But it's *Cute* cliche.

Silver light wrote:
...All i did was just ask a flipp'n question for clarity, geez. For the matter, no, i wasn't expecting it to be used daily either.

Decided to finally start my Vita copy of BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend and also my PS+ copy of Virtue's Last Reward. Really struggling like heck to stand the Jp. voice acting in the latter though, me and that stuff just don't get on it seems Neutral
The Japanese voices are infinitely superior Winky Face

Chiaki Omigawa as Phi <3
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition   What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013 - 23:26

I had to turn the sound off in VLR, it was horrible.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition   What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013 - 23:36

andyman949 wrote:

Get. Out.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition   What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013 - 23:46

sporkhead wrote:
andyman949 wrote:

Get. Out.

He can't, his watch doesn't say 9 yet.

Anyway, I've been playing Sonic Racing Transformed on 360.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition   What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition EmptyWed 26 Jun 2013 - 3:37

@silver Light

All I was initially asking is why would we when we have a dedicated retro section for that? I may have been a bit overzealous about it but that's because I didn't want to see even more of a reason for folk to not use that section.

So to clarify I'd personally use this for 360/ps3 anything older then it goes in Retro.
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition   What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition EmptyWed 26 Jun 2013 - 10:30

andyman949 wrote:
I had to go import an NA copy instead Sad

They could've at least allowed us the option of turning the voices off...but nope.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition   What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition EmptyWed 26 Jun 2013 - 10:52

This should be used for xbox 360, ps3, pc, vita, any of those android consoles etc. I would sooner see xbox, ps2, cube, psp here as to me there last gen not retro but i think most people will just post about current gen here though, so they have to fall in to retro.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition   What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition EmptyWed 26 Jun 2013 - 14:38

Is it possible to merge the "What are you currently playing?" threads in other forum sections for PS3, Xbox 360 etc. into this one or am I asking an impossible task (never dealt with merging topics back in the NGamer days!)?
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition   What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition EmptyWed 26 Jun 2013 - 14:40

sporkhead wrote:
Is it possible to merge the "What are you currently playing?" threads in other forum sections for PS3, Xbox 360 etc. into this one or am I asking an impossible task (never dealt with merging topics back in the NGamer days!)?

It's perfectly possible - see the third/fourth posts - just Balla didn't think it was the best idea.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition   What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition EmptyWed 26 Jun 2013 - 14:52

Silver light wrote:
sporkhead wrote:

It's perfectly possible - see the third/fourth posts - just Balla didn't think it was the best idea.

Ah yes, my bad. I'd be all for it, personally, though thinking it through it would be a bit of a disaster if a lot of quoted posts are involved.

Perhaps we could merge them into a separate topic to 'test' what it would look like, and if that's not great we don't put it into this topic?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition   What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition EmptyWed 26 Jun 2013 - 16:59

Trouble is, if it doesn't work I can't separate them out again without it being a massive pain.  I'd rather just lock them (will do it soon, promise).  You could petition Stu, of course!
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition   What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition EmptySat 29 Jun 2013 - 16:46

sporkhead wrote:
The Japanese voices are infinitely superior Winky Face

Chiaki Omigawa as Phi <3

Going back a bit, but these are the best Virtue's Last Reward voices, i swear Razz

What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition P3_4_x_vlr_by_hauntedstardust-d5j8rhl

On topic, right now i've gone back to playing FTL: Faster Than Light. Absolutely cracking roguelike space game.

Although, i still can't get any luck facing that Rebel flagship ;_;
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition   What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition EmptySat 29 Jun 2013 - 16:53

Deadpool the game, which is like they said not the best but I care not for I am a Deadpool fan and the slicing and dicing are kinda fun but that is about it for the game. And you can slap the hell out of Wolverine Cheeky 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition   What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you currently playing? Non-Nintendo edition
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: Gaming Miscellaneous :: General Gaming Discussions-
Jump to: