Do The Mario Over 36 Years In The Music Thread
 
HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  SONMSONM  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 What was the strangest dream you ever had?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Dry Metal Baby Princess
avatar

Posts : 3177
Points : 3224
Join date : 2013-01-26
Location : Outside Reality

PostSubject: What was the strangest dream you ever had?   Thu 6 Jun 2013 - 20:35

I shall put my nightmare last night to good use with this. The premise is very simple, you sift through ypour memories and find the strangest dream you ever had that you can remember.

The strangest one I can remember was the aftermentioned in my angry rant nightmare fox. Or maybe it was a dingo. Anyway, the dream was basically spent running from this foxslashdingo through this playground that had incredibly odd things in it, like strange objects that simply don't make sense. And everything looked like it was in black and white, yet in colours at the same time. And I was always using slides to run away from the creature, and eventually I would slip and fail down to the fox which would be about to start mauling me with some of the most sharp and painful looking fangs and claws ever when I would wake up.

I've probably had stranger dreams but that is as odd as I can remember, and it sticks out because I had it a fair amount of times.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
I'M SO LONELY
avatar

Posts : 15614
Points : 14877
Join date : 2013-01-16
Age : 28
Location : Thimbleweed Park, Central Nowhere, USA

PostSubject: Re: What was the strangest dream you ever had?   Thu 6 Jun 2013 - 20:45

This one's strange because it was mostly coherent and totally memorable.

I live in an Orwellian society. There's a game youngsters are forced into, where for some reason (amusement of the aristocrats? Punishment? Not clear) they have to climb a tower and do battle with a vague humanoid opponent at the top. Trouble is, the tower's one of your SMW affairs, with spikes and traps and moving platforms; and as they climb, they age. Starting slowly, yet more and more rapidly as they climb higher.

Yet a female friend of mine has found a secret passageway, leading directly to the top of the tower. She shows it to me (not like that you sickos). Then suddenly it's the next day, and I'm watching the games on TV. While her friends/competitors climb through the traps, my friend appears on the conveyor belts at the top, facing this non-specific action figure humanoid threat. They start to fight, and she's turned into an old woman by the time I wake up.

I ought to turn it into a book or something. Youngsters in a totalitarian society, forced to compete in fatal games...

...oh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Drunkalilly
Pokémon Master
avatar

Posts : 8822
Points : 8943
Join date : 2013-02-25
Age : 27
Location : Zenshoh Habitat

PostSubject: Re: What was the strangest dream you ever had?   Thu 6 Jun 2013 - 22:13

If its weird-ass dreams you want, I'm your man. I'll start you off with one I had a couple of months back. I was following the crew of a nature documentary about wild Danny Devito's. All these Danny Devito's were waddling through the woods, wading through rivers and that, in what at first I thought was a suit and tie, but which was actually their incredibly hairy naked bodies. Eventually they got to a big, grassy clearing and all these directors rock up in their mini buses and choose which Danny Devito they want for their film. Then the directors drove away, and the rest of the Danny Devito's toddled off back to the woods to wait for next year.
Balladeer wrote:


I ought to turn it into a book or something. Youngsters in a totalitarian society, forced to compete in fatal games...

...oh.

Battle Royale?
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk Online
beemoh
Koopaling


Posts : 2007
Points : 2050
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 32
Location : Writing and arithmetic

PostSubject: Re: What was the strangest dream you ever had?   Thu 6 Jun 2013 - 22:31

Balladeer wrote:
This one's strange because it was mostly coherent and totally memorable.

I live in an Orwellian society. There's a game youngsters are forced into, where for some reason (amusement of the aristocrats? Punishment? Not clear) they have to climb a tower and do battle with a vague humanoid opponent at the top. Trouble is, the tower's one of your SMW affairs, with spikes and traps and moving platforms; and as they climb, they age. Starting slowly, yet more and more rapidly as they climb higher.

Yet a female friend of mine has found a secret passageway, leading directly to the top of the tower. She shows it to me (not like that you sickos). Then suddenly it's the next day, and I'm watching the games on TV. While her friends/competitors climb through the traps, my friend appears on the conveyor belts at the top, facing this non-specific action figure humanoid threat. They start to fight, and she's turned into an old woman by the time I wake up.

Is this related to your dreams about your ex?
Is the tower made of movable blocks?
Are the other competitors sheep?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeroJones
Tenderloin Minimise
avatar

Posts : 9506
Points : 8514
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 37
Location : North Midlands, England

PostSubject: Re: What was the strangest dream you ever had?   Fri 7 Jun 2013 - 7:06

The last dream I had - and you can all judge if this is strange or not - its defining feature was that it was November (it was May at the time). That was it - it was just November. Nothing else happened. I remember looking out of my bedroom window in the dream and thinking "The nights are drawing in".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
I'M SO LONELY
avatar

Posts : 15614
Points : 14877
Join date : 2013-01-16
Age : 28
Location : Thimbleweed Park, Central Nowhere, USA

PostSubject: Re: What was the strangest dream you ever had?   Fri 7 Jun 2013 - 8:02

beemoh wrote:
Is this related to your dreams about your ex?
Is the tower made of movable blocks?
Are the other competitors sheep?

Ha, I get the reference! But if anyone should have that dream, it's her, the conniving... I'm going to stop here before I start to lamb-ast her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
beemoh
Koopaling


Posts : 2007
Points : 2050
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 32
Location : Writing and arithmetic

PostSubject: Re: What was the strangest dream you ever had?   Fri 7 Jun 2013 - 12:59

I had a dream once which took place entirely in Teletext.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Jaster
Space Ark Pilot
avatar

Posts : 8104
Points : 8184
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 33
Location : Underground Corpse Pile.

PostSubject: Re: What was the strangest dream you ever had?   Fri 7 Jun 2013 - 15:52

Surely that had some reveal-O moments? Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SuperPaperLink
F-Zero Rookie
avatar

Posts : 127
Points : 127
Join date : 2013-02-02
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: What was the strangest dream you ever had?   Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 9:58

I keep having this dream about this three eyed crow that tells me to fly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stu_the_great
Dry Metal Baby Princess
avatar

Posts : 3439
Points : 3000
Join date : 2008-08-19
Age : 34
Location : Probably somewhere I shouldnt be.

PostSubject: Re: What was the strangest dream you ever had?   Sun 9 Jun 2013 - 11:32

SuperPaperLink wrote:
I keep having this dream about this three eyed crow that tells me to fly.

Have you seen Dumbo recently? The crows only have the normal number of eyes, though.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
I'M SO LONELY
avatar

Posts : 15614
Points : 14877
Join date : 2013-01-16
Age : 28
Location : Thimbleweed Park, Central Nowhere, USA

PostSubject: Re: What was the strangest dream you ever had?   Sun 9 Jun 2013 - 11:35

I'm guessing that's a Game of Thrones reference...




Maybe after some dye.


Last edited by Balladeer on Mon 10 Jun 2013 - 20:32; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : The image breaked.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
SuperPaperLink
F-Zero Rookie
avatar

Posts : 127
Points : 127
Join date : 2013-02-02
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: What was the strangest dream you ever had?   Mon 10 Jun 2013 - 11:48

Balladeer wrote:
I'm guessing that's a Game of Thrones reference...




Maybe after some dye.


It was.

Your link's broken though.

Why do you have that picture ffs.

Duh!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
I'M SO LONELY
avatar

Posts : 15614
Points : 14877
Join date : 2013-01-16
Age : 28
Location : Thimbleweed Park, Central Nowhere, USA

PostSubject: Re: What was the strangest dream you ever had?   Mon 10 Jun 2013 - 12:02

Search "SuperPaperLink" on Google. Your CVG contributions pop up. Razz


Last edited by Balladeer on Mon 10 Jun 2013 - 20:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Tenderloin Minimise
avatar

Posts : 9859
Points : 9557
Join date : 2013-01-21
Age : 24
Location : Courtroom No. 3 at 10am.

PostSubject: Re: What was the strangest dream you ever had?   Mon 10 Jun 2013 - 17:42

I had a bizarre dream last night.

I dreamed I had taken a photography course I'd completely forgotten about at university, and consequently never went to any of the classes or exams, and thus failed. I had completely buggered up my degree, and everyone I knew was approaching me and telling me I'd screwed up my degree because of various reasons, and they were all attacking me with really scathing remarks. Finally, one of my close mates told me I could fix everything if I went down to London into a place called "the Napoleon Institute". So I went.

The Napoleon Institute was a colossal glass pillar stretching as high as the eye could see, like a tower to heaven. The entrance was like a maze of escalators, like a mechanised Hogwarts. A guard handed me an ID card and told me I'd need this "to see him". I went on an escalator, but on my way up a hooded man nicked my ID card and started running up the escalator. I chased him, and he passed through a restricted area. The ID card stopped him from getting caught, but when I passed through alarms started going off. A guard began chasing me, but I stopped him in his tracks by lobbing a crate at him (Donkey Kong eat your heart out). I rounded a corner, but another guard was crouched there holding what I presumed was a flamethrower, but ended up being some sort of electricity-spewing device. I passed out, and came to in a cell with nothing but a shower.

Then I woke up, and for a good thirty seconds I believed I failed uni, and was getting ready to phone up my Director of Studies to try and remedy it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
nupkin
F-Zero Rookie
avatar

Posts : 136
Points : 136
Join date : 2013-03-25
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: What was the strangest dream you ever had?   Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 21:17

I once had a dream that I was Harry Potter, and at a May Ball at my Uni, Professor Snape turned me into a dog - I even recall that I was a Westie. Then I went wandering around the maze form the Triwizard Tournament which they'd borrowed for my College's May Ball, trying to get help. I bumped into this guy who I actually was at College with in real life, but I hardly ever saw him or spoke to him, to it was pretty random that he appeared. He started petting me and going, "Aren't you a cute little doggy?", and I tried desperately to tell him that I was Harry Potter and could he please undo the spell that Snape had cast. But all I could say was, "Woof!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayMoyles
Tenderloin Minimise
avatar

Posts : 9859
Points : 9557
Join date : 2013-01-21
Age : 24
Location : Courtroom No. 3 at 10am.

PostSubject: Re: What was the strangest dream you ever had?   Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 21:26

Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Rum Rapture
Toad
avatar

Posts : 608
Points : 619
Join date : 2013-01-20
Age : 26
Location : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: What was the strangest dream you ever had?   Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 0:22

nupkin wrote:
I once had a dream that I was Harry Potter, and at a May Ball at my Uni, Professor Snape turned me into a dog - I even recall that I was a Westie. Then I went wandering around the maze form the Triwizard Tournament which they'd borrowed for my College's May Ball, trying to get help. I bumped into this guy who I actually was at College with in real life, but I hardly ever saw him or spoke to him, to it was pretty random that he appeared. He started petting me and going, "Aren't you a cute little doggy?", and I tried desperately to tell him that I was Harry Potter and could he please undo the spell that Snape had cast. But all I could say was, "Woof!"

Along similar lines, I once had a dream that at graduation, I had suddenly evolved into a Raichu, and was consequently ineligible to graduate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/cww_george
NintenDUCK
Bandana Waddle Dee
avatar

Posts : 832
Points : 849
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 20
Location : The floor.

PostSubject: Re: What was the strangest dream you ever had?   Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 11:46

Rum Rapture wrote:
nupkin wrote:
I once had a dream that I was Harry Potter, and at a May Ball at my Uni, Professor Snape turned me into a dog - I even recall that I was a Westie. Then I went wandering around the maze form the Triwizard Tournament which they'd borrowed for my College's May Ball, trying to get help. I bumped into this guy who I actually was at College with in real life, but I hardly ever saw him or spoke to him, to it was pretty random that he appeared. He started petting me and going, "Aren't you a cute little doggy?", and I tried desperately to tell him that I was Harry Potter and could he please undo the spell that Snape had cast. But all I could say was, "Woof!"



Along similar lines, I once had a dream that at graduation, I had suddenly evolved into a Raichu, and was consequently ineligible to graduate.

That implies all the other students were pikachu? You're right, that is weird...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rum Rapture
Toad
avatar

Posts : 608
Points : 619
Join date : 2013-01-20
Age : 26
Location : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: What was the strangest dream you ever had?   Thu 13 Jun 2013 - 10:44

NintenDUCK wrote:
Rum Rapture wrote:


Along similar lines, I once had a dream that at graduation, I had suddenly evolved into a Raichu, and was consequently ineligible to graduate.


That implies all the other students were pikachu? You're right, that is weird...

Nope, not even. We were all just human. I inadvertently evolved. Nobody else did. Maybe I should see it as a blessing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/cww_george
Drunkalilly
Pokémon Master
avatar

Posts : 8822
Points : 8943
Join date : 2013-02-25
Age : 27
Location : Zenshoh Habitat

PostSubject: Re: What was the strangest dream you ever had?   Thu 13 Jun 2013 - 12:39

Not particularly weird, but had a properly terrifying nightmare two nights ago. Me and the girlfriend to a graveyard, and there was a crypt which you could see into from the outside but which was slightly lowered so it seemed underground. And in it was one of those big, high, stone graves which was just shaking and rattling and making this loud banging sound like something wanted to get out. And along with the banging, there was screaming; "AAAAAAAGH! AAAARRRGGGH!" No words or anything, just really awful, pained screaming. I was naturally scared, but everyone else seemed nonplussed. Like "yeah, it does that." Then we went to her gran's grave, and I turned round to look at the coffin and instead saw a massive, stone face screaming at me.
Then I woke up.

It would make the beginnings of a great creepypasta, so I'll add that to the list of stuff I'll never get round to writing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk Online
Athrun888
Dry Metal Baby Princess
avatar

Posts : 3177
Points : 3224
Join date : 2013-01-26
Location : Outside Reality

PostSubject: Re: What was the strangest dream you ever had?   Tue 25 Jun 2013 - 14:30

Well that was certainly a strange dream I had last night.  It was some kind of Neon Genesis Evangelion and Zelda hybrid dream where I was piloting Unit 1 and using a bunch of Zelda weapons to fight Zeruel.  It kept absorbing the weapons when they made contact and was about to spear me when I learned how to create at fields at will and I started kicking its arse and then the dream had to go and end!  My reaction to that?  Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What was the strangest dream you ever had?   

Back to top Go down
 
What was the strangest dream you ever had?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» What was the strangest dream you ever had?
» Eternal Dream Official "LOL Pictures" Thread
» About Eternal Dream
» I had this dream...
» My dream, Finally realised.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Off Topic-
Jump to: