We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What If

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

What If Empty
PostSubject: What If   What If EmptyWed 26 Jun 2013 - 14:59

Right guy’s I was in my local Indy store the other day and we were talking about the Xbox one, and at the time it still had its DRM, online stuff etc. And one thing we brought up was when the servers eventually turn off the console would be useless (maybe a blu ray player) as you wouldn’t be able to connect to the internet and play your games. So you’re thinking why am I’m on about this in the retro section well watching invisible walls Marcus Beer brought up the reason the gamer doesn’t like all this DRM stuff and that, as it’s always been you buy game and do what you want with it we don’t know anything different and it will eventually go digital etc. but needs to be brought in slowly unlike Microsoft whom wanted to go the whole hog right away.

So my retro question is what if it’s always been like Microsoft’s vision from day one on the 2600, so when you bought the god awful E.T you would have to keep it. What would of you done with all your games, consoles etc, would you got in to gaming knowing ounce you buy something that’s it and in 5 years’ time the console is a doorstop, is there any games you would miss that haven’t been rereleased in some way unlike ocarina of time on n64 which would no longer work but has been brought to 3DS.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

What If Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If   What If EmptyThu 27 Jun 2013 - 7:15

First off, if I'd bought E.T. I'd have deleted it from the hard drive (apparently; never played it).

After that, well... I would be far more careful with what I bought new and far less careful with what I bought from the Virtual Console. I'd be far more sad at the end of a console's cycle, too.
Back to top Go down

What If
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: Gaming Miscellaneous :: Retro-
Jump to: