We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)

Go down 
+10
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
oldschool
shanks
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
beemoh
Balladeer
Athrun888
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 17 EmptyTue 6 Jan 2015 - 10:23

He looks like he's taking part in a spelling test of the body!  Laughing

Also on the test series front Australia was on absolutel fire today, Australia got over two hundred, yes hundred, runs before a single wicket fell with Warner and Rogers notching a partnership of over two hundred runs including extras.  Warner got over a century while fighting emotional demons after hitting 63 (speaking of tough guys showing tears he looked like he was tearing up a few times on the pitch today), and Rogers got 95. A bit of a shame he fell just short of a century, with five back to back half centuries he absolutely deserved to reach that figure, but alas it was not to be. Regardless never let it be said that Rogers hasn't done some amazing batting this series, consistently getting half centuries every innings since the second test is a feat in and of itself.  

The day ended with Australia 2 for 348, Smith is on track for another century (he's on absolute fire this series, absolutely amazing to watch) at 82 runs and Watson might be about to score big ending the day on 61. It's nice to see the batting lineup doing the heavy lifting for once.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 17 EmptyTue 6 Jan 2015 - 12:00

"YMCA, it's fun to Steyn at the YMCA..."

India in thumped abroad shocker!  They continue to be unable to bowl outside the subcontinent.  Again, NZ vs. Sri Lanka looking more interesting to this neutral.

Although I will doff my hat to Warner for (a) getting a century while troubled and (b) being a big enough man to cry.

EDIT: Okay, NZ vs. SL was interesting until roundabout the point when Sangakkara got out. Then it was a foregone conclusion.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 17 EmptyThu 8 Jan 2015 - 7:55

Actually it's a batsmans wicket on steroids so india didn't do too bad with the ball, and they're putting up a serious fight right now with the bat, today was a good showing with it being very much india's day.  Kohli got yet another excellently done century taking him up to four this series, as did Rahul getting a excellent 110 runs before finally getting caught and bowled by Starc.  They've ended the day five wickets for 342, they probably aren't going to get Australia's total but they're doing an excellent job of chasing it down.  

Australia made some costly errors though, Smith had his view distracted by an aerial camera at a crucial point while trying to take a catch and missed it as a result (and boy was he furious, as he has every right to be, those cameras should not be in those positions when the ball is in play), and at least two other catches were missed due to the ball carrying too far or due to inexperienced fielding reflexes from Burns.  Although really it's tit for tat, India messed up an equal amount during the Australian innings, so while this could possibly come back to bite Australia in the behind as far as winning is concerned I won't say it isn't a reasonably even contest right now.  Australia's bowling attack is better than India's, but their batting attack is better than ours so the result has been a pretty even contest at times.  

I particularly like the way the two matches Kohli has captained have gone and been going however, I've nothing against Dhoni but the first test was an extremely close fought affair that came right down to the last half an hour of play, and while this match is likely to end up either a victory to Australia or a draw the Indian team under Kohli's leadership is putting up a excellent fight, so much so that while things are still very much against India right now I still wouldn't rule out any result. After today's play they've clawed their way back in the match.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 17 EmptyThu 8 Jan 2015 - 9:15

Agreed that Dhoni stepping down was the best thing for the team.

General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 17 202833
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 17 EmptyMon 19 Jan 2015 - 14:19

From a cricket blog I read:

"We’re probably in mandatory handicapping territory here. AB de Villiers should be made to bat with the broken-off handle of a 1970s tennis racquet after downing three pints of Moonraker with a peeved ocelot strapped to his back. If we can persuade him to play like that for the next decade or so, either his Test or one-day average might just drop down into the forties. Not both though. That would be a bit optimistic."

Perhaps more relevant to your interests, Athrun:

"...watching on TV you can’t actually see his special superhero belt. But it’s there. It’s real. He wears it underneath his whites; it has a series of lights along it; and they illuminate as he powers up.

Warner gains energy from behaving like a six-year-old, so he needs to ‘get involved’ and showcase his complete inability to see another person’s perspective every chance he gets. Each time he does this, another of his belt lights goes on until he is fully powered-up and ready to bat. At that point, he finally turns his attention to cricket."
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 17 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 11:16

Triple post. Embarrassed

So far, for the sweepstake, we've got:

Balladeer
ZeroJones
masofdas
Drunkalilly
Dead Lemon
Athrun888
+ 1 other?

I'll be giving everyone a randomly chosen team from the top seven in the rankings, and another from the bottom seven. Winner gets £20 in some form or other (I'm thinking eShop credit: can we gift that?), and top performer in the bottom seven (assuming not a winner) also gets £10.

William Hill's odds, for anyone interested:

Australia: 2/1
South Africa: 7/2
New Zealand: 5/1
India: 7/1
England: 8/1
Sri Lanka: 9/1
Pakistan: 14/1
West Indies: 16/1
Bangladesh: 100/1
Zimbabwe: 250/1
Afghanistan, Ireland: 500/1
Scotland, UAE: 1000/1
Back to top Go down
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 17 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 11:32

Scotland play Cricket? WTF.

And based on the odds it appears they are crap at that too. Classic.

When does the WC start?
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 17 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 11:34

Looking good, this is going to be a fun world cup.   Also should I change the title more thoroughly?  While I mean no disrespect to Philip Hughes I think the time for the general mourning is mostly over and with the sweepstake going on putting more emphasis on the world cup and the sweepstake would be appropriate.

Dead Lemon wrote:

When does the WC start?

The 14th this month, only ten days to go.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 17 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 11:35

Just use CDkeys or something Balla and meassage the code to the winner or post them a code I guess. But I don't think they do £20 eShop vouchers though.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 17 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 11:40

I'll do something like that, yup.

Athrun888 wrote:
Looking good, this is going to be a fun world cup.   Also should I change the title more thoroughly?  While I mean no disrespect to Philip Hughes I think the time for the general mourning is mostly over and with the sweepstake going on putting more emphasis on the world cup and the sweepstake would be appropriate.

No OBJECTION!s here. Smile

Dead Lemon wrote:

Their team's all amateurs, but they've got some interesting players: Michael Leask for one.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 17 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 11:55

Athrun used Title Change!  It was hopefully Super-Effective!

On the note of prizes, what if the winner doesn't want anything from the eshop?  As presumptions to say as it is when I'll likely not win anything I'd probably spend the money on a couple of cheapish books from bookdespository I've been wanting to get for a while if had a choice.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 17 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 12:43

Then it'll be a matter of how can I get money to you across the Internet, in a way that will let you buy your books. We'll probably discuss that after the win.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 17 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 13:19

Everyone, it was all a trick to get us to check the Cricket thread! Shocked Run! Run, while you still can! Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 17 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 13:21

DAMNIT he's right!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 17 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 13:26

General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 17 Post-7534-Maniacal-Laugh-GIFs-n314

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 17 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 13:31

The gif makes it all worthwhile. Looks like we're settling in for a while! Grin
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 17 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 13:33

I promise not to get all technical about fielding positions while you're here!

(In fact, I don't even know most of the fielding positions. Embarrassed )
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 17 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 13:36

You silly mid-off! DAMN YOU!

(Er, I think Embarrassed )
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 17 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 14:11

I'm afraid I can't guarantee that I might not have a go at poor fielding if I see it, it's painful when you see a bowler doing extremely well and seeing all that work go down the toilet because the fieldsmen are dropping everything in sight. I can say I won't be very technical, but I will have a go at any poor fieldwork I see.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 17 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 20:01

Chasers, beaters, keeper and seeker, right?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 17 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 20:03

...Surprisingly close, actually.

Also, guess who didn't just make an Excel spreadsheet that will randomly allocate the World Cup teams because he actually has a life and interesting things to do.

If you didn't answer me, give yourself a gold star. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 17 EmptySun 8 Feb 2015 - 14:17

Double post: spreadsheet has been run, sweepstake teams up.  I was going to provide a video, to show that there's no cheating going on: unfortunately, while said video is on my 'phone, I've left the lead that connects it to the computer at work.  

Teams:

Let speculation/cursing your luck commence!

Last edited by Balladeer on Tue 10 Feb 2015 - 8:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 17 EmptySun 8 Feb 2015 - 14:58

Australia are considered fairly decent, right?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 17 EmptySun 8 Feb 2015 - 17:55

I think Balla has got a good Top 7 & Bottom 7.

Kumar is good for Sri Lanka right, but I think ??? is the likely winner as New Zealand are decent and there the hosts.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 17 EmptySun 8 Feb 2015 - 18:16

So, my teams both begin with 'I', eh? Oh, you (a bad joke). Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)
Page 17 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next