The Wii Had Two Violent Games: MadWorld And Big Beach Sports

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  SONMSONM  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Football

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Dry Metal Baby Princess

PostSubject: Re: Football   Mon 8 May 2017 - 21:06

ZeroJones wrote:
Happy to see my team survive relegation on the final day of the Championship season! Dance We live to fight another relegation battle next year. Rolling Eyes Please let there be some stability with the management team next year... please... Aww!

Same goes for Clyde - survived the threat of a relegation play-off into the Scottish Lowland League with East Kilbride after drawing away at Montrose. Given the size of the club, the set-up and the support from the board, that should never have happened - just like with Forest.

What a shite season that was though. I've been worried about what would happen at the end of it since the end of last year. That fuck that's finished.

Last edited by The Cappuccino Kid on Mon 8 May 2017 - 21:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drunkalilly
Pokémon Master

PostSubject: Re: Football   Mon 8 May 2017 - 21:22

I'm enjoying Tottenham's newfound status as "alright"
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk
Jimbob
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: Football   Sun 11 Jun 2017 - 10:33

For
Fucks
Sake

I know we have pretty much a 50/50 split of fans on either side of Hadrian's Wall, so I apologise this is from an English perspective.

Wales vs. England, 2016. Does this look familiar at all? You saw it twice in as many minutes on Saturday, leading to me interrupt a whiny reply to the Jaster with a string of additional confused tweets.
What good is a wall with a free kick 30 yards out? It's possible to bend the ball round the wall and into any area of the goal from that distance. All the wall is doing there is blocking out the initial trajectory of the ball, so the goalkeeper sees it late. So what do we do a year later? A wider wall.

Wall ball wall ball wall ball wall ball wall ball wall ball wall ball wall ball
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
The_Jaster
Orne

PostSubject: Re: Football   Sun 11 Jun 2017 - 14:40

I can definitely understand the frustration in the ways you's lost the goals but overall the result has not really changed your position in the group.

Also I think it did make sense having a wall it's just none of them jumped or tried to charge down the free kick, maybe the England players didn't expect it? I know I didn't as for Celtic Griffiths usually missed more FK's than he scores & I was honestly wanting Armstrong to hit the first one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Cappuccino Kid
Dry Metal Baby Princess

PostSubject: Re: Football   Tue 4 Jul 2017 - 20:55

Kyle Lafferty signing for Hearts, Kirk Broadfoot signing for Killie, and now Rangers going out of the Europa League in the first round to Progres Niederkorn, a team who finished fourth in Luxembourg's division: what a week it's been for Scottish football banter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drunkalilly
Pokémon Master

PostSubject: Re: Football   Tue 4 Jul 2017 - 21:30

ENG-ER-LAND!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk
ZeroJones
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: Football   Thu 27 Jul 2017 - 20:06

Currently got eyeballs on England vs. Portugal in the Women's Euros. So far England have been brilliant in every situation I've seen them in: attacking ruthlessly against Scotland, soaking up massive pressure against Spain, and now they're a goal up within ten minutes against Portugal. Strong stuff. Live update: Portugal equalise. Duh!

In the men's game, Forest keep buying players? It's an unusual situation for us fans, what with the transfer embargo of recent vintage. It's getting to the stage where the squad will be too big... Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jimbob
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: Football   Thu 27 Jul 2017 - 20:20

Agreed. Having watched the men's Euros last year, with England passing the ball sideways for 80 minutes, and the eventual winners only winning one game conventionally (and finishing 3rd in their group), it's been genuinely exciting to see an England team that have the ability to break offside traps.

I'm not sure that changing the entire line-up (where possible) in the last group game is a particularly clever idea though (albeit the England women's team essentially have 2 interchangeable midfields).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Football   Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 20:08

Championship and SPL start this weekend after we see the first €200m player.

As we haven't done fantasy teams for a good while, I was thinking about some predictions for the 17/18 season

Top 4
1. Man City
2. Man Utd
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeroJones
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: Football   Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 22:16

Just a quick reply to say that England Ladies did not deserve to be beaten 3-0. They definitely didn't do enough to win, don't get me wrong; but 3-0 was harsh. Aww!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Jaster
Orne

PostSubject: Re: Football   Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 23:55

So happy that Celtic are through to the Champions league play-offs, quite annoying at times when you play a well organised team like Rosenborg that only ever sits in and tries to hit on the break but I'll take the one nil away victory every time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Football   

Back to top Go down

Football
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14