Where We're Squashed Under The Weight Of eShop Releases

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  SONMSONM  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Football

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Space Ark Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Football   Thu 5 Oct 2017 - 22:11

Great showing by Scotland there even though I will never understand why the likes of Phillips, Morrison & Bannan get picked for the squad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drunkalilly
Pokémon Master

PostSubject: Re: Football   Fri 6 Oct 2017 - 1:01

He's one of out own
He's one of our own

HARRY JANE

he's one of our own
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk Online
The Cappuccino Kid
Dry Metal Baby Princess

PostSubject: Re: Football   Fri 6 Oct 2017 - 17:59

The_Jaster wrote:
Great showing by Scotland there even though I will never understand why the likes of Phillips, Morrison & Bannan get picked for the squad.

Strachan is always going to play his tried and trusted players, he'll never change, there's no stopping him from always doing that. I'd love to see him be braver with his squad choices, and let the form players play. That said, his current team is doing well at the minute, they've got good chemistry together, and they've got the all-important winning mentality. Maybe I would have played McGregor instead of Morrison, but Phillips and Bannan are form players who should play in my opinion. Who would you have had instead?

England: shite, but good result for us, and that's the only - ONLY - thing that matters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Jaster
Space Ark Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Football   Fri 6 Oct 2017 - 19:25

I definitely don't disagree with most of what you've said there but I just don't like how how those players seem to doddle on the ball/not make their passes quick enough, maybe I was just annoyed that Forrest (who was playing well) got the hook for Martin and Phillips took up the right wing position who IMO done nothing productive all game.

Like you said be a wee bit braver especially when playing at home & also I'd like to see a better overall balance to the team, you won't get the best out of Tierney playing at right back for example so assuming everyone is fit I'd like to see a 4-3-3 of:

Whittaker, Berra, Mulgrew, Tierney - Armstrong (or McGregor), Fletcher, Brown - Anya, Griffiths, Forrest
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Cappuccino Kid
Dry Metal Baby Princess

PostSubject: Re: Football   Sat 7 Oct 2017 - 11:27

No room for Matt Ritchie or Andrew Robertson? They'd be two of my first names in the starting eleven, alongside Brown and Armstrong. Personally, I'd have the same team as you, but Ritchie for Forrest and Robertson for Whittaker.

Phillips hasn't been as good for Scotland as he's been for West Brom, but Anya - who's usually been really good at international level - isn't getting many games at Derby County. That's a tricky one. Anya got the assist for the OG that Skrtel scored though, so I'd assume that Strachan will favour him on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jimbob
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: Football   Sat 7 Oct 2017 - 11:48

Drunkalilly wrote:
HARRY JANE
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
ZeroJones
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: Football   Sat 7 Oct 2017 - 13:44

I fear that the England team are a reflection of their manager at the moment: neither exciting nor inspiring, but somehow still able to get the job done. That sounds harsh... I did like Southgate as a player but he did have some excellent players around him at the time. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Jaster
Space Ark Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Football   Sat 7 Oct 2017 - 16:40

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
No room for Matt Ritchie or Andrew Robertson? They'd be two of my first names in the starting eleven, alongside Brown and Armstrong. Personally, I'd have the same team as you, but Ritchie for Forrest and Robertson for Whittaker.

Phillips hasn't been as good for Scotland as he's been for West Brom, but Anya - who's usually been really good at international level -  isn't getting many games at Derby County. That's a tricky one. Anya got the assist for the OG that Skrtel scored though, so I'd assume that Strachan will favour him on Sunday.

Tbh I don't follow the national team that much so I understand if some of my picks there are questionable, I was picking purely on team balance and players I've seen the most. Robertson has great pace but poor delivery, is left back is natural position? Seems like he'd be more comfortable as a winger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Football   

Back to top Go down

Football
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15