We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GAMING NEWS Thread 1

Go down 
+22
Rum
Fancy Fancy
shanks
The Christ
Axis1500
fronkhead
Cube
Dusty Knackers
Buskalilly
beemoh
Admin
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
Athrun888
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
NintenDUCK
masofdas
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 3 EmptyThu 15 Aug 2013 - 11:45

Nope your still getting it this year.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 3 EmptyThu 15 Aug 2013 - 11:57

Darn. I'll be honest and admit I was rather hoping they would at least mess something else up.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 3 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2013 - 9:37

Sod it, let's do this thing. Hotline Miami 2 has a kinda rape scene in, and it's making people uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 3 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2013 - 11:46

Rightly so. The first Hotline Miami was hyper-violent, but it was stylistic and it added to the game's feel. The enemies you came across would happily murder your face off, so you were given the opportunity to return the favour. The violence was cartoony and overblown, much like in a Tarantino film.

This on the other hand isn't right. I saw people bring up The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo's rape scene as a point in the comments of that article, but the differences there are a) the rapist isn't the protagonist and b) Salander gets revenge for the unforgiveable act committed upon her. Playing that scene would make me feel damn uncomfortable, and I can only imagine how a female gamer's skin would crawl playing that scene. I hope it's cut, as I'm sure Hotline Miami 2 would be a great game, it just shouldn't rely on things like this to get across its hyper-violent themes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 3 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2013 - 11:59

There's been rape scenes in Tarantino films, so if you want to compare Miami to them. And this has been done before custer's revenge where the whole point was to rape. Tomb Raider has the tempted rape, If a game like a tomb raider is going for realism then I think I can forgive it being in there as unfortunately it's something that happens in the real world. Other entertainment medium like Super which I watched for the 2nd time about a week ago which has a infamous rape scene in it. So my point of Miami if it's there just to be there then it wrong but if it's there to progress the story or get across that your character is actually a scumbag then so be it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 3 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2013 - 12:05

masofdas wrote:
There's been rape scenes in Tarantino films, so if you want to compare Miami to them.
Has there?!

I don't agree with saying that "if it's there to progress the story or get across that your character is actually a scumbag then so be it", I think that could be achieved through other means than something as controversial as this. I don't even think saying that it might be acceptable in context is right - some things should just be left alone and away from entertainment mediums like videogames.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 3 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2013 - 12:13

Pulp Fiction for one.

Also Last of Us has a paedophile in it yet I can't remember anyone talking about that. As it's part of the realism, I agree it's all wrong but some where in the world it happens.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 3 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2013 - 12:26

I think the big question is how far is it OK to go, there's already incredible amounts of violence and gore. Personally I don't often relate enough to game characters for it to affect me so it doesn't overly bother me personally. At the end of the day as long as it's made very clear that such things are included so people who will be affected may avoid it I think it's up to the developer.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 3 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2013 - 13:04

masofdas wrote:
Also Last of Us has a paedophile in it yet I can't remember anyone talking about that.  As it's part of the realism,  I agree it's all wrong but some where in the world it happens.
The main difference being that in TLoU, you aren't playing as the paedophile.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 3 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2013 - 13:20

But there was no outcry about it, no main stream coverage, but I remember when mass effect 3 came out people were giving it terrible scores on meta critic due to a homosexual sub plot which you never have to do.  And being brought up in mainstream. Why should things like that be picked up on this day and age, whilst other things slip by. If people are going to bring up about rape,  race,  sexaulity or whatever then all should be shown in the same light not it's only paedophilia that's okay we don't need to cover that but there's  a gay character let's tell everyone about it.

So my point being why bring up X thing but not Y thing, all things should have the same treatment.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 3 EmptySat 17 Aug 2013 - 4:19

Was that guy in TLOU a paedophile though? Maybe I'm being a tad naive here but weren't they cannibals?

Anyway, I just think this sort of thing has no place in games especially hotline miami even with it being as violent as it is I got the impression it was some sort of acid trip that actually never happened, seems likes its purely done to provoke a reaction & nothing to do with the driving the story.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 3 EmptySat 17 Aug 2013 - 8:54

I did not get Cannibal from that Laughing I wasn't so sure it was specifically paedophilic though. I had it down as Ellie was just a girl, there's surely only so many girls around in the post apocalypse.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 3 EmptySat 17 Aug 2013 - 9:41

David Last of Us:

Just watch this, remember Ellie is 14. I also got the video by typing last of us paedophile in to youtube.

Sony to reveal 'release plans for PS4' at Gamescom with there pre-gamescom briefing on Aug 20th at 6pm in the UK, with microsoft having there conference in the same day. So mark it in your calenders.

Disney Infinity has allegedly cost over $100m to develop.

Microsoft has said if the xbox one isn't out this year in your country you can import one now as we've made it region free, so yay for Belgium.

Ubi Claim next-gen games are out performing current gen, whilst activision have said cod preorders have never been so low but this could be based on people holding out for next gen.

Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 3 EmptySat 17 Aug 2013 - 14:37

AC4 had better at least run properly on the current gen systems, I'll be mightily angry if it doesn't if I end up buying the limited edition (it'd also be deja vu of my purchase of Skyrim at launch, which has resulted in me boycotting any and all future Bethesda titles).  As for Acti's sales being down, I wonder if maybe people are simply getting bored of the franchise.  They've flogged it even more than Nintendo flogs their main Mario games this gen and it's bound to wear out its welcome sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 3 EmptySat 17 Aug 2013 - 17:32

andyman949 wrote:
I did not get Cannibal from that Laughing I wasn't so sure it was specifically paedophilic though. I had it down as Ellie was just a girl, there's surely only so many girls around in the post apocalypse.
They were eating other humans though.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 3 EmptySat 17 Aug 2013 - 18:18

Athrun888 wrote:
(it'd also be deja vu of my purchase of Skyrim at launch, which has resulted in me boycotting any and all future Bethesda titles)
What happened there?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 3 EmptySat 17 Aug 2013 - 18:48

I never noticed/forgot that, oops.

I should imagine his Skyrim problems come from the aful launch on PS3 that made it lag after a couple of hours. Bethesda are awful at PS3.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 3 EmptySun 18 Aug 2013 - 2:07

The_Jaster wrote:
Was that guy in TLOU a paedophile though? Maybe I'm being a tad naive here but weren't they cannibals?
He was both, that's why he wanted to keep her alive, but I suppose that wasn't as bad because it a) only hinted at it b) you weren't playing as him and c) you got to buthcer him up good and proper.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 3 EmptySun 18 Aug 2013 - 15:10

There's lot of rumors going around on the net this afternoon that sony are preparing a redesign / XL version on the Vita with a 6.3inch screen (same as wiiu's) and look like a PS4 to be the companion you need with your PS4.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 3 EmptySun 18 Aug 2013 - 18:38

Sony really are clueless about hand helds aren't they?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 3 EmptySun 18 Aug 2013 - 18:55

I'm thinking off buying a vita to use with my PS4, a normal vita would do but if it's going to be used for maps or anything like the wii u is then a bigger screen would be good but price could be a issue.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 3 EmptySun 18 Aug 2013 - 22:27

To paraphrase a comment I read on The Twitter today: "As a Vita owner since launch, I'm happy Sony are addressing the hardware issues before the software issues."

Mega sarcasm there obviously, particularly as the Vita as it is is an outstanding piece of hardware. I'd hate to see the build/screen quality take a hit. All Vita needs is more games.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 3 EmptySun 18 Aug 2013 - 22:47

I like my Vita as a handheld dammit. All I want to see are more games, I much prefer to console itself to the 3DS so I want the games to be better too. The indie games and PS+ are sufficing so far but I can't see what else they're going to put on it soon...
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 3 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 11:50

This is perfect!  Now the price of the original model will surely get a drop and make this an easier thing to justify picking up soon (justify because I'm mostly buying it for Persona 4 and the eventual new Ys game).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 3 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 23:46

Rumors going around that MSoft are planning to give away a big 3rd party release with the xbone reports is that it will be FIFA 14 for Europe.

They did put out this official sizzle real and this list of all confirmed games for xbox one.

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
Below (Capy Games, Microsoft Studios)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
D4  (Access Games, Microsoft Studios)
Dead Rising 3  (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft Studios)
Destiny (Bungie, Activision)
Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved (Harmonix, Disney Interactive)
Dragon Age: Inquisition (BioWare, Electronic Arts)
Dying Light (Techland, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
EA SPORTS UFC (EA SPORTS, Electronic Arts)
FIFA 14 (EA SPORTS, Electronic Arts)
Final Fantasy XV (Square Enix, Square Enix)
Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
Halo Xbox One (343 Industries, Microsoft Studios)
Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
Kinect Sports Rivals (Rare, Microsoft Studios)
Kingdom Hearts III (Square Enix 1st Production Department, Square Enix)
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
LocoCycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
Mad Max (Avalanche Studios, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
Madden NFL 25 (EA SPORTS, Electronic Arts)
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (Kojima Productions, Konami)
Minecraft: Xbox One Edition (Mojang Studios, Microsoft Studios)
Mirror's Edge 2 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
NBA LIVE 14 (EA SPORTS, Electronic Arts)
Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (PopCap Games, Electronic Arts)
Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
Project Spark (Microsoft Studios)
Quantum Break (Remedy, Microsoft Studios)
Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
Star Wars Battlefront (DICE, Electronic Arts)
Sunset Overdrive (Insomniac Games, Microsoft Studios)
The Crew (Ivory Towers, Ubisoft)
The Elder Scrolls Online (ZeniMax Online Studios, Bethesda Softworks)
The Evil Within (Tango Gameworks, Bethesda Softworks)
The LEGO Movie Videogame (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (CD Projekt RED, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment – North America)
Thief (Eidos Montreal, Square Enix)
Titanfall (Respawn Entertainment, Electronic Arts)
Tom Clancy's The Division (Massive Entertainment, Ubisoft)
Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
Wolfenstein: The New Order (MachineGames, Bethesda Softworks)
Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)

With some more unconfirmed to be shown at gamescom tomorrow apparently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

GAMING NEWS Thread 1
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next