Inking, Not Thinking

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  SONMSONM  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Doctor Who Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Thread   Mon 26 Jun 2017 - 20:20

Agreed with all of that - good, but flawed.  They made 'the big twist' quite quite obvious, mostly through extra-episode stuff though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
Pokémon Master

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Thread   Sun 2 Jul 2017 - 19:11

Saw me some Doctor Who finale this morning. There was some nice stuff but ultimately

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Thread   Sun 2 Jul 2017 - 20:04

Not sure what to think to be honest.
Especially concerning:

Back to top Go down
Drunkalilly
Space Ark Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Thread   Mon 3 Jul 2017 - 8:27

I enjoyed it well enough, but it wasn't perfect.
Spoiler:

Christmas special looks good, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk
ZeroJones
Pokémon Master

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Thread   Sat 15 Jul 2017 - 7:54

I understand that the actor who will be playing the Thirteenth Doctor is going to be revealed after the Wimbledon Men's Tennis final tomorrow. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drunkalilly
Space Ark Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Thread   Sun 16 Jul 2017 - 11:44

please not kris marshall please not kris marshall please not kris marshall please not kris marshall please not kris marshall please not kris marshall

I'd love to see a woman. If we can't have a woman, I want Iwan Rheon.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Thread   Sun 16 Jul 2017 - 15:11

I watched nothing on the last series, looking at the betting Jodie Whittaker is favourite then it's Richard Mylan.

The next Male & Female are Kris Marshall and Phoebe Waller-Bridge are the same price, if you are interested Drunka Iwan Rheon is 18/1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeroJones
Pokémon Master

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Thread   Sun 16 Jul 2017 - 17:27

And the Thirteenth Doctor is... not Kris Marshall! Not sure if I could be any more delighted. Dance As I just tweeted, the person in question has been brilliant in everything I've seen them in. Chuffed, I am. Ruddy chuffed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Athrun888
Dry Metal Baby Princess

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Thread   Sun 16 Jul 2017 - 21:29

I'm not well-versed enough in the British acting scene to comment on their choice for the 13th Doctor other than the fact that they've cast 12 other people who fit the role to a T and brought something brilliant and unique to it and I somehow doubt that this will change, that said seeing nothing but praise for the actress helps calm the nerves I get every time the Doctor regenerates about whether the new Doctor can live up to the previous one. Not surprised they went with an actress this time round, it was foreshadowed fairly heavily with the Mistress.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jimbob
Raging Pedant

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Thread   Sun 16 Jul 2017 - 21:39

I think people being upset about the new doctor being a woman is society reaching a new level of "I don't think you know what you're actually angry at". If that sentence makes any sense. Now we've got to listen to a bunch of dipshits who are angry that their shape-shifting space alien has boobs, their assumption being "this is a deliberate attempt to SJW-ify television for the biased left..." etc., as opposed to the actual logical reason, which everyone would've accept we would've had about 5 years ago, which is "why not?". I don't like Doctor Who, but I'd like to invite every unnecessarily angry person to meet me, one at a time, face to face, and try and argue why having a female doctor is "destroying the series", and we'll see how that goes for them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
Drunkalilly
Space Ark Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Thread   Mon 17 Jul 2017 - 10:49

Jimbob wrote:
I'd like to invite every unnecessarily angry person to meet me, one at a time, face to face, and try and argue why having a female doctor is "destroying the series", and we'll see how that goes for them.

I make the same offer, but the meeting will take place INSIDE OF A STEEL CAGE.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Dry Metal Baby Princess

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Thread   Mon 17 Jul 2017 - 15:06

Honestly I don't even think the element in question deserves being addressed or given the time of day. A woman finally landed the role of the Doctor, and if we'd truly reached equality in society then the general discussion around the web wouldn't be "zomg they cast a woman as our body-shifting alien main character!!1!ONE!", it'd be far more important things like where the series will go with the 13th Doctor considering it's a change of both lead actor and lead writer, something we haven't had since Russel handed the baton to Moffat seven years ago.

Now if they start beating us over the head with political messages rather than quality characterisation then maybe there'd be reason to complain, but it's far too early to even assume that will be the case and I wager most of the sentiment there is brought about from inane paranoia. Sure, casting an actress as the doctor is different and new, but it's fresh approaches that are the very reason the franchise has lasted this long. At the end of the day I guess the reality is we'll never escape the default reaction to change that humans tend to have, which is generally one of anger and/or fear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Thread   Mon 17 Jul 2017 - 20:54

Aww, I was gonna get all excited about the female Doctor and that, and then Athers goes and does basically the best post possible on the subject. Aww! What am I going to say now?

Oddly, the girlfriend isn't too fond. She's an 'old Who' watcher who would rather see a good competent non-infatuated companion. I'm chuffed though.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
Pokémon Master

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Thread   Mon 17 Jul 2017 - 21:47

I too am an 'old Who' watcher and am still over the moon. The companion question - as I see it - is one they still haven't answered consistently. Bill was brilliant, Clara a bit gimmicky, Amy and Rory good, Donna excellent, Martha not good, Rose overdone (worried I've missed someone out - let me know!). As Athles said, there's a big reset switch about to be pushed, with an all-new creative team to take the series in a new direction. I haven't been this excited about the show in many a year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Thread   Tue 18 Jul 2017 - 11:48

Imagine the outrage if we ever get a female Bond which has been talked about for years, with Emily Blunt being the woman talked about the most for the role.

I'm not for or against the idea, I want the best person for the role.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeroJones
Pokémon Master

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Thread   Tue 18 Jul 2017 - 13:18

My personal headcanon is that James Bond is a codename in and of itself, and various people fill the role over the years. I would be happy to have a female James Bond. It reminds me of Hollywood director Paul Feig's April Fool tweet that he was working on a gender-flipped Back To The Future trilogy: that would be totally brilliant.

In other news: going to order Attack The Block off Amazon shortly. Grin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Thread   Tue 18 Jul 2017 - 20:52

I'd love a female Bond, just to see how they'd handle it. Presumably she'd have to go around seducing all the laydeez too? Or would she have a string of men to ride?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Thread   

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12