We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)

Go down 
+15
Sylveon
Jimbob
Dead Lemon
masofdas
Athrun888
Axis1500
Treesmurf
Vidofnir
Sentinator
Buskalilly
shanks
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Balladeer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyFri 18 Mar 2016 - 12:32

I just lent my Wii U to the anime convention so I can't play this until Sunday
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyFri 18 Mar 2016 - 14:22

I've now done all the tutorials and won at least one match against the CPU with every Pokémon. I also changed the advisor to Japanese voice because she was doing my nut. Now I can move onto playing the game proper!

Athrun888 wrote:
Fun fact: Pikachu Libre is female.

I spotted that! She's the coolest thing ever, I saw her synergy move this morning.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyFri 18 Mar 2016 - 17:43

For those who haven't seen or heard, there's a demo for this on the European eShop right now.

I got the full game yesterday, and I'm not that sure what to think. It's definitely unique, but it feels a bit slight. Fair enough, this is a first-party title from the publisher of Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, and it's clearly not as mean as that. Yet if I compare it to Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and SSBU it just doesn't feel to me that Pokken's got enough going on. I suppose I could spend some time getting to know the combat system, but I've tried most of the fifteen characters and it just doesn't feel like the variety is there in the first place. Will I be playing it much in a fortnight?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyFri 18 Mar 2016 - 19:31

I always thought TTT2 when I played it lacked meaningful content for me as it was nice to have 151 characters to pick from but there was no reason to play as them where Pokken even if shallow has a story mode and you level up your characters and unlock new gear.

Of course SFV makes those both look excellent based on content alone but on Wii U the best pure fighter I think will remain Injustice.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyFri 18 Mar 2016 - 19:46

Haven't played as everyone yet, but I had a few games with Drunka. I think it's pretty good for the most part. I hadn't found a non-isometric (or you know, fighter like tekken/street fighter) fighter that I liked until this one - it handles really nicely and I got to grips with the phasing pretty quickly. Although 16 characters is limited, there seems to be a range of playstyles and each of the characters I have played as have been a blast.

I'm not sure I'll keep coming back to it like I do with Street Fighter, or if the battle system is as deep as that game, but it's still good fast paced fun that I'll pick up and play every so often.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 10:41

I am very much enjoying this. The lack of #content isn't bothering me; at the end of the day, any two fights are going to follow the same rules so the simple tournament set-up and the multiplayer is more than enough for me. I've always loved the idea of getting really into a fighting game competitively. I love hearing people talk about Street Fighter and I'm getting super into The Contender right now, but I got to Street Fighter IV too late, I don't own a PS4 and I don't like the idea of playing Smash that way. I can see myself putting a lot of time into this.

Also, Pikachu Libre is the best thing ever. I just wish Hawlucha was there as well.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 11:34

Hawlucha could have been an amazing fighter and it makes zero sense to me why it wasn't included. Pikachu Libre will have to do, I suppose.

I've got it but not played it... really looking forward to getting stuck in, though! Grin
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 12:39

I've had a 5 min go before the game pad went flat.. ( for full story see what ticks you off)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 13:21

Played some of this yesterday, it's decent but not sure how much of it I will played as take SFV that is now not getting played due to the lack of content. It will get played again when the march update drops and we can setup a lobby for MP.

But from Pokken, I've done the first fights which Braixen who makes me feel really uncomfortable and I will continue on but not sure I will finish the game as 90 odd fights in the last league, just seems like it's going to be repetitive especially with lack of fighters.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 14:12

masofdas wrote:
just seems like it's going to be repetitive especially with lack of fighters.  

If that's how you look at that, you're probably not going to enjoy it. I've played hundreds of hours of Street Fighter II, and that only had 8 fighters. I look at the singleplayer as a grind to practice moves and unlock Avatar stuff in between bouts of the multiplayer, the meat of the game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 14:39

I just don't see myself playing much MP of Pokken as if I was going to play a fighter online it be SFV especially when lobbies are go up and I know Muss, Andy, Jay at least will be there to play.

On SFII, same would apply for me with MKII but times have changed and from a fighter I want what DOA5, Injustice, MKX, BlazBlue, Naruto have given us in recent years.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 14:58

Like I said, this'll be the one I play as I don't have the PS4 but I do have the friend group.
All that aside, I did really enjoy the singleplayer in Injustice and I would like to see more of that sort of thing going on. A nice story, a little taste of every character, and something tangible to "complete."
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 15:01

No doubt I could play Pokken online as you've got it, so Zero's, Cappa, Shanks, Muss? but not sure how that will last as we gave up on likes of MK8.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 15:16

Me and Muss will probably keep at it, as will my other IRL friends. I'm sure we'll get a couple of games from here, but I too am dubious of that lasting.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 17:09

I'll do my best, sirs, but time is limited...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 17:14

masofdas wrote:
No doubt I could play Pokken online as you've got it, so Zero's, Cappa, Shanks, Muss? but not sure how that will last as we gave up on likes of MK8.

No point trying to predict the future & even though we didn't have many MK8 games compared to MK wii we still had some fun games on it from time to time.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 17:22

Yeah but MK8 also had all the single player content where Pokken IMO lacks or going to lack that without getting repetitive.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 17:29

Sounds like you maybe should have waited until you read some reviews before buying then.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 17:33

Preordered ages ago and reviews are good, just it and another fighter SFV have been disappointing of what's there.

The actual gameplay is decent though.

If I get bored or don't play, can always trade in.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 17:43

Fair enough, it just sounds odd that you're bemoaning about the content/repetitive nature yet still seem okay with buying it?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 17:46

It's only £39 not going to break the bank.

What is good is the HORI pad, well worth the £17 if you can find and if your going to get right into the game like Drunka hopes to.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 17:48

It's quite good fun, novel, and a decent addition to the Wii U library. It won't go down in the annals of time, but it's fine. Mas is definitely right when he says it lacks single player content though, and I think people can expect to get more value for their money after how much was jammed into Splatoon, Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. It's a problem that's made more obvious by the samey nature of each battle. At first it sort of reminded me of the Warehog sections from the long-forgotten Sonic Unleased, truth be told.

For me, there's not enough characters, not enough moves, not enough variety, and not enough anything. Good groundwork for a sequel or plenty of (free) DLC, though.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 18:34

The only major complaint I have about this game is how stupid the online matchmaking is when trying to hook up with a friend. Even with a password, both players have to submit their lets play request to the server within 10 seconds of each other or they get put into a match with the CPU. Really dumb. Drunka and I had to skype chat in order to sync up.

Once we were playing it was all fine though, haven't had too many laggy matches online for the most part. Also, the 10 second system works amazingly for random matches against people online, much faster than SFV in getting a match on. It could become problematic in the future once the player base starts to decline though. Still, it's refreshing to play a fighting game that launched with servers which actually work!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 21:44

I've been very satisfied with my purchase thus far. Like I said, the singleplayer in this is all I'd want for a game of this ilk, and I've already gotten a ludicrous number of hours out of multiplayer. Not even counting random play, this evening I've had a 40-minute game with Muss and a 2-and-a-half hour game with a girl from work. And that time flew by.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySat 26 Mar 2016 - 18:21

How is the quality of players online? I've only played single player so far as I fear I'll get absolutely owned online, I don't so much button bash but in terms of tactics I feel I'm lacking.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next