We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)

Go down 
+15
Sylveon
Jimbob
Dead Lemon
masofdas
Athrun888
Axis1500
Treesmurf
Vidofnir
Sentinator
Buskalilly
shanks
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Balladeer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 6 Empty26/03/16, 06:33 pm

There's definitely a difficulty jump against humans, but I'm batting a slightly greater than 60% win rate at the moment, and I'm no fighting game guru.

I'd probably be doing even better if I played as someone other than Gengar; I find it the most fun to play but I'm definitely better with other Pokkers, just ask Drunka.

I've only played unranked however, so I've had fights where the opponent was probably a child or someone completely new to the game, and others where I got completely rekt - I believe the matchmaking is random on that mode. On balance, you'll probably be picking up wins regularly in time once you learn how other players tend to handle the various characters - at least, that's what happened to me.

My top tip? Most players will start a fight by launching their Pok's long range special immediately - e.g. Suicune/Garvadoir/Mewtwo's A attack - a laser. So it's best to take evasive maneuvers first, and then try launching a few ranged attacks in response while closing in.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 6 Empty26/03/16, 06:36 pm

Thanks will definitely start with unranked I think then, I still need to try all the characters as I've only really used Lucario so far. That ranged attack start seems to be what the CPU always does as well so at least I've got practice with that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 6 Empty26/03/16, 08:48 pm

In unranked games, I do seem to be matched with people on my rank, so it isn't totally random.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 6 Empty26/03/16, 09:03 pm

I'm normally matched against people with a middling win percentage, 40-60%, but I've had a few below 10% and above 90% (I even beat a 90%er, and that player had well over 30 matches backing their record up!). It might just be that those outliers are becoming less common now that players have had more matches, or you could be right and the game tries to find the best match for you but if there isn't a great match it just says 'screw it, these two are going to battle.' You'd have thought that most players are going to tend towards the 40-60% win rate though, so it's difficult to tell how random it is.

I'm guessing ranked mode has a stricter matchmaking criteria at any rate.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 6 Empty07/05/16, 08:55 am

So I decided to give this a fair crack of the (Vine) whip - the only time I'd played it up to yesterday was for the video on the GNamer Forum YT! Embarrassed It's a cracking little fighter: I've got the rhythm of (Skill) swapping between the 3D bits and the 2D bits and am constantly learning the moveset of my freaky shrieky Chandelure. In fact, despite inwardly groaning when I drew Chanda at randa(om), it's my best friend (Guard) and I'm going to stick with it for the foreseeable. (Beat) Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 6 Empty07/05/16, 03:26 pm

Ooooh! I need to train against Chandaleur...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 6 Empty07/05/16, 11:59 pm

zero wrote:
Chandelure.

buska wrote:
Chandaleur...

Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 6 Latest?cb=20100911124322
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 6 Empty11/05/16, 10:16 pm

Earlier I finished part of the game and some of the English voice acting is shoddy as. One lad sounds like the automated voice on the train that disjointedly announces upcoming destinations. There's still some single player campaign left too.

Also, took on a human online. I got wapunga'd. 'Kerb stomp' doesn't even begin to cover it. Pale
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 6 Empty11/05/16, 11:03 pm

I switched to Japanese voice acting as soon as the option came up. Hated the English lass.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 6 Empty12/05/16, 07:54 pm

The english voice acting is not only bad, but also incredibly repetitive. Super lame.

But yeah, switching to the Japanese audio makes it bearable background noise.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 6 Empty14/05/16, 01:09 am

AN ASSESSMENT OF PLAYERS WHO USE EACH POKéMON IN POKKEN

Blaziken
Urgh. Basically Ryu. Used by boring losers with no creativity who like to hammer the kick button

Braixen
Ron Weasley in dog form. Does the magic but kinda shit

Chandelure
Fuck you.

Charizard
Pretty decent. Amelia uses a char and tests to beat me

Garchomp
Seems good but turns out to be dshit and easy to counter. Used by dweebs

Gardevoir
Like an even lamer braixen

Gengar
Top banter. Muss is aall about gengz, and he has lots of tricky moves, but he ain't all that

Lucario
Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

Machamp
Slow but a beast, Zangief

Mewtwo
children

Pikachu
pretty good

Pikachu Libré
Top, powerful, heroic lads use this one. Amazing, incredible, perfect

Sceptile
Why?

Shadow Mewtwo
We all know you have the amiibo. Nobody thinks you finished the game

Suicune
You saw someone else do well and thought you could be good. Git gud

Weavile
Pretty good i suppoise
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 6 Empty14/05/16, 10:09 am

Drunkalilly wrote:
Machamp
Slow but a beast, Zangief

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 6 Empty14/05/16, 05:13 pm

You comparing to the wrong series Drunka, this is Tekken based not Street Fighter.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 6 Empty14/05/16, 10:17 pm

I'm well aware of that mate, but I'm much more familiar with SF's character dynamics and metagame.

Also, I was drunk as a skunk
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 6 Empty01/11/16, 11:58 am

I don't play the game, but this newly announced (for the arcade) top troll Pokémon looks hilarious.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 6 Empty01/11/16, 01:18 pm

Hopefully we'll get Pokken Switch with all the extra arcade characters, and hopefully it will support the Hori Pad.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 6 Empty06/06/17, 05:58 pm

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
It's quite good fun, novel, and a decent addition to the Wii U library. It won't go down in the annals of time, but it's fine. It lacks single player content though, and I think people can expect to get more value for their money after how much was jammed into Splatoon, Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. It's a problem that's made more obvious by the samey nature of each battle.

For me, there's not enough characters, not enough moves, not enough variety, and not enough anything. Good groundwork for a sequel or plenty of (free) DLC, though.

...and when that free DLC never came to the Wii U, it seemed to be written in the stars that Pokken Tournament would come out on the Switch, as some sort of bollocks Director's Cut type of thing. I'd have bet your house on this happening. And here we are.

Drunkalilly gets his wish (if you see the post above), but is anybody going in for Round 2?

I'll not be bothering my arse.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 6 Empty06/06/17, 06:39 pm

Whilst I really enjoyed this on the Wii U, I'm not sure there's enough to tempt me back into the double team dip.

Nonetheless, moved and given a spangly new title because of The News. The Wii and Wii U forum's loss is the Switch forum's gain. Cool
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 6 Empty06/06/17, 06:42 pm

I might be tempted, but not right away and especially not if I'm still playing ARMS.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 6 Empty06/06/17, 06:44 pm

Might as well move all the Wii U thread like Nintendo are with the games on it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 6 Empty06/06/17, 06:49 pm

Shrug. A big fat shrug. Decidueye is a nice addition, but really I couldn't care much.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 6 Empty06/06/17, 07:18 pm

Nice addition to the switch for those who missed it on the wii u, but I'm not picking it up straight away
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 6 Empty06/06/17, 07:20 pm

It's an arcade game first, and they've been adding lots of stuff in the arcades, so this was pretty inevitable I think.
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 6 Empty06/06/17, 08:12 pm

I never got round to getting this on WiiU so I'll probably pick this up for Switch. How much like Tekken is it?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 6 Empty06/06/17, 08:41 pm

Yes! As much as it does suck for folks who supported the Wii U, missing out on that console has ended up being great for me. Pokkén was one of several games I regretted not getting a chance to play back on Wii U and I saw the potential for plenty of top fights from the brief session mauling I had playing against Drunka back at the first meetup.

If many of you aren't planning to double dip, that does beg the question of how decent the single player content is in Pokkén. Are we talking more Injustice 2 or more Street Fighter V here?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next