We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)

Go down 
+15
Sylveon
Jimbob
Dead Lemon
masofdas
Athrun888
Axis1500
Treesmurf
Vidofnir
Sentinator
Buskalilly
shanks
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Balladeer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 4 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2016 - 23:34

I'm gonna play loads of Pokémon Blue and the original Tekken to prepare.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 4 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2016 - 23:39

I love the look of Gengar's special move from that link Mas posted, and Shadow Mewtwo doesn't mess around Afraid
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 4 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2016 - 23:40

Maybe... if you put them close together... and... unfocus your eyes... it'll... be... like... Pokkén...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 4 EmptyFri 19 Feb 2016 - 7:57

The game looks beautiful, but I'm really struggling to get hyped for what is just a non-Smash fighting game. Meh Hopefully it'll come with time.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 4 EmptyFri 19 Feb 2016 - 8:47

@Drunka your going to play Tekken One the worst of the Tekkens, I would play my copy of Tekken 3 AKA The Best Tekken but it means opening up my bleemcast disc to play it on Dreamcast

@Balla it's got a story mode with leagues and that abit like Stadium but now you actually get to control the Pocket Monsters and like Zero says if you don't care about TPHD this is the big Wii U game for a while, if Star Fox Zero is delayed. Hopefully there's good eShop games in between.

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 4 EmptyFri 19 Feb 2016 - 10:45

When a one-on-one fighter comes along - or whatever we're calling the genre this month - I like to take a look. I liked Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom and Injustice from recent years, and I'm fairly sure I'll like this too. Possibly more than Smash Wii U.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 4 EmptyFri 19 Feb 2016 - 11:16

mas wrote:
@Drunka your going to play Tekken One the worst of the Tekkens, I would play my copy of Tekken 3 AKA The Best Tekken.....

*ahem* Tekken 2 is the daddy.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 4 EmptyFri 19 Feb 2016 - 12:18

Nah Tekken 3 is the best Tekken.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 4 EmptyFri 19 Feb 2016 - 17:45

2 and 3 were the ones I loved as a kid. I'd probably put them on fairly even footing.

I only said Tekken 1 as I was suggesting I'd play both the origin forms of this game.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 4 EmptyFri 19 Feb 2016 - 19:34

You're all wrong, Tekken Tag Tournament is the best tekken - featuring every tekken character (except Doctor B. and Gon, the latter of which isn't a Tekken character anyway) at the time and tag/singles matches.

It also had a really cool bowling mini-game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 4 EmptyFri 19 Feb 2016 - 20:21

I never liked Tekken Tag something was off about it, it goes Tekken 3, Tekken 2, Tekken 5, then I really don't care as there all muh. I hope Tekken 7 is a return to form for the series and has us talking about like we are with SFV & Pokken.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 4 EmptySat 20 Feb 2016 - 1:42

I know what you mean about Tekken Tag; I've never got super into them, but I'm sure they actually play fine. The idea just doesn't quite gel for me.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 4 EmptySun 21 Feb 2016 - 11:04

The best Tekken is the first one with Liam Neeson in. That speech where he says he's going to find someone is the best. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 4 EmptySun 21 Feb 2016 - 14:19

Jimbob wrote:
The best Tekken is the first one with Liam Neeson in. That speech where he says he's going to find someone is the best. Very Happy

Applause
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 4 EmptySun 21 Feb 2016 - 16:27

Another golden Jimbob gag. He's getting in early for the 2016 vote...
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 4 EmptySun 21 Feb 2016 - 17:04

"But what I do have are a very particular set of taglines, taglines I have acquired over a very long career."
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Mar 2016 - 13:44

Reviews are up, sounds good with the main gripes being a bit repetitive as last league is 90 odd fights and there's only 16 Pokemon, lots of different mechanics which can make it hard for newbies and the biggest is local MP where player 1 has to use a the gamepad and player 2 uses the TV also cuts the framerate to 30fps in this.

Ohh and you have to use the D-Pad, which I think the Wii U gamepad's D-Pad isn't the best for fighters. I've got the Pokken pad on order but Amazon have said there will be a delay with it but in till theta comes the Pro U will be used as the D-Pad position is far better.

Also anyone up the league idea amongst us lot.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Mar 2016 - 16:37

I AM DEAD KEEN.
I'm surprised by the local multiplayer complaints, isn't it all played on one screen? Weird.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Mar 2016 - 16:39

The reason it's not playable on one screen is due to the fact the game has to be rendered twice that it's needs to screens.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Mar 2016 - 16:41

That's what I mean. Most fighting games, you just see both characters on screen at once.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Mar 2016 - 16:44

Yep that's true but it's due to how the battle is viewed with phase shift.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Mar 2016 - 17:01

Still planning to get this, so count me in... Round One, FIGHT!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Mar 2016 - 19:35

I was always on board with this - I'm after something different, and Bandai Namco did absolutely superb work with the Wii U version of Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Quite looking forward to it after reading a couple of reviews. Even that shitarse David Jenkins gave it 8/10!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 4 EmptyFri 18 Mar 2016 - 3:08

By the time I got home from work, had a bath, cooked and ate tea and installed the game, several of my friends were round and we were knocking back the Guinesses for St patrick's Day, so I didn't get to do anything other than multiplayer matches.

It plays pretty slickly, though I can see the appeal of the Hori pad, and looks gorgeous. Faith...

Also, Pikachu Libre does a stunner. GOTY.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 4 EmptyFri 18 Mar 2016 - 11:28

Fun fact: Pikachu Libre is female. Probably already been mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next