We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!

Go down 
+12
beemoh
fronkhead
Athrun888
Dusty Knackers
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
Jimbob
The_Jaster
masofdas
Balladeer
Crumpy Andy
NintenDUCK
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! Empty
PostSubject: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! EmptyThu 29 Aug 2013 - 14:47

So yea the joysticks are back for another year, so instead of debating it on each games thingy I thought I'd make a new battleground that we can use instead so here it is!
The Nominees:

You can vote here: http://www.goldenjoystick.com/

So what do you guys think of the nominees? Anything you think should/ shouldn't be on there? Discuss!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! EmptyThu 29 Aug 2013 - 15:52

I voted already and I was pretty happy with the nominees. I thought the idea of youtube gamer was a pile of arse though so I didn't bother voting in that one. I almost had a heart attack when looking for Fire Emblem in Handheld game but couldn't find it.

Also is it just me or is it really early for these? I saw we could vote for GTA but it's not even out yet!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! EmptyThu 29 Aug 2013 - 16:26

*its

No Luigi's Mansion 2 in the GotY nominees? (boycotts)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! EmptyThu 29 Aug 2013 - 16:42

Just sent my votes, bioshock infinite has gotten 4 votes of me.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! EmptyThu 29 Aug 2013 - 19:09

No Xcom in GotY?! *also boycotts*
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! EmptyThu 29 Aug 2013 - 22:23

Well, I blitzed through that. It's dawned on me that I'm either a Nintendo or Indie gamer (with the exception of Fifa). Therefore, all of my votes are wasted ones! Dance 
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! EmptyThu 29 Aug 2013 - 23:03

I gave my votes to either Fire Emblem or LoL and splurged the rest on Nintendo, even giving pikmin a vote despite having never played it. If Fire Emblem doesn't win best handheld game I'll eat my hat. And I have a fine array to choose from.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! EmptyThu 29 Aug 2013 - 23:48

I have not missed the CVG website.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! EmptyThu 29 Aug 2013 - 23:56

Jimbob wrote:
Well, I blitzed through that. It's dawned on me that I'm either a Nintendo or Indie gamer (with the exception of Fifa). Therefore, all of my votes are wasted ones! Dance 
Jimbob knows the score. What's the point in these awards? Generic Action Shooters #14847, #14848 and #14849 will sweep the ballots as per. Fair enough if the journos get a free bevvy, but they mean bugger all to me.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! EmptyFri 30 Aug 2013 - 2:32

Things like this are just pointless popularity contests if you haven't played every game in a category... or is that the point? One second...

NintenDUCK wrote:
Innovation of the Year in association with T3

Ouya
Laughing

I doubt I'll bother voting, the most deserving never wins (see also: me winning NGamer Formumite of the Year 2011).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! EmptyFri 30 Aug 2013 - 7:41

Despite my boycott claims, I have actually submitted my votes...  But as a Nintendo fanboy, like Jimbobble, I'm essentially chucking votes down the drain.

I will be upset if NNK doesn't win the prettiest game awards, but no doubt it'll go to a gun game where you can pick out every hair on the main character's upper lip.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! EmptyFri 30 Aug 2013 - 13:29

But it's so pretty
Spoiler:

(sarcasm fully intended)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! EmptyFri 30 Aug 2013 - 17:43

Actually Bioshock Infinte as a game got most vote but rest went to Nintendo things. Wouldn't of X-Com been on last years votes, to me the golden joysticks is one of the worse awards as like you say people vote for what they like and unfortunately there be more people voting for Call of Duty then a Pikmin 3 etc . Unlike Big Sites whom at least normally pick a credible winner.

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 30 Aug 2013 - 18:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! EmptyFri 30 Aug 2013 - 18:30

Oops! X-com was out last year, it really doesn't seem that long though.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! EmptySat 31 Aug 2013 - 10:56

Well this list of nominations is totally not biased towards one form of game and is widely varied.  As usual the indie and handheld categories are the most interesting, but even with the handheld category they show absolutely zero ambition and simply go for big names.  And what the heck is the point behind having consoles nominated in the Most wanted area?  They aren't even games!  And speaking of Most Wanted and big names, to compound things they didn't even include Pokemon X and Y, which are going to be some of the biggest releases of the year, while including game consoles and games that probably aren't even going to be released by next year (Smash and your delay laden history I'm looking at you).

Inane whining aside, not going to bother voting.  List isn't comprehensive enough nor and essentially is a decent example of why I don't really bother to follow the gaming media nowadays.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! EmptyFri 25 Oct 2013 - 10:11

This today I think at 3pm, com eon Bioshock & Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! EmptyFri 25 Oct 2013 - 12:13

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Jimbob wrote:
Jimbob knows the score. What's the point in these awards? Generic Action Shooters #14847, #14848 and #14849 will sweep the ballots as per. Fair enough if the journos get a free bevvy, but they mean bugger all to me.
This. If anything this is more a popularity contest in which the votes will inevitably be dominated by fanboys who vote for their favourite platform's showing, and even without considering that few would have played all the games on display or experienced all the technologies to have a balanced vote across all the categories.

And as Phillips have mentioned, the games themselves leave a lot to be desired. Might as well stick the word "mainstream" in front of every category, particularly the indie games one. Silly.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! EmptyFri 25 Oct 2013 - 12:17

fronkhead wrote:
The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Jimbob wrote:
This. If anything this is more a popularity contest in which the votes will inevitably be dominated by fanboys who vote for their favourite platform's showing, and even without considering that few would have played all the games on display or experienced all the technologies to have a balanced vote across all the categories.

And as Phillips have mentioned, the games themselves leave a lot to be desired. Might as well stick the word "mainstream" in front of every category, particularly the indie games one. Silly.
...so basically the exact same as any given publicly-voted music, movie, book, television or anything else int he world awards?
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! EmptyFri 25 Oct 2013 - 14:59

I'd like to know how many people voted for GTA before they played it.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! EmptyFri 25 Oct 2013 - 15:19

Not me but in hindsight I should have.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! EmptyFri 25 Oct 2013 - 17:27

Nintendo didn't even win in the handheld section. Madness.

Not that I follow any of this story of thing, I'm just copying what I heard through Twitter.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! EmptyFri 25 Oct 2013 - 17:43

I guess I'll have to eat my hat then...
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! EmptyFri 25 Oct 2013 - 17:49

The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! Voted-for-kodos
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! EmptyFri 25 Oct 2013 - 19:30

I think the Nintendo votes would've been split between the awesome Fire Emblem and the less awesome Animal Crossing and Creed fans probably just plonked a vote down on Liberations regardless.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! EmptyFri 25 Oct 2013 - 19:33

"Assassin's Creed III: Liberation"

Neutral 
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next