We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!

Go down 
+12
beemoh
fronkhead
Athrun888
Dusty Knackers
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
Jimbob
The_Jaster
masofdas
Balladeer
Crumpy Andy
NintenDUCK
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 5 EmptyFri 18 Nov 2016 - 22:28

I've only seriously played one of the games in that list of VGA nominees. What a sad state of affairs. No
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 5 EmptySat 19 Nov 2016 - 11:29

Really I thought you would have played some of these Fire Emblem Fates, Monster Hunter Generations, Pokemon Go, Severed, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Pokken Tournament, LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 5 EmptySat 19 Nov 2016 - 11:45

masofdas wrote:
Really I thought you would have played some of these Fire Emblem Fates, Monster Hunter Generations, Pokemon Go, Severed, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Pokken Tournament, LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Of that list, Pokken Tournament is the one I've seriously played. I've caught a 'mon for Jo on Pokémon GO, played about 35 minutes of Severed, and had a crack at the opening monents of XCX for a GNamer Videos Games. The others I've not touched: I'd want to play Awakening ahead of Fates and I'm still not sure if Monster Hunter is my bag.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 5 EmptySat 19 Nov 2016 - 11:50

You in the same thoughts about XCX as Andy and me then as that seems a game over the massive drought on the Wii U to sink your teeth into.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 5 EmptySat 19 Nov 2016 - 19:46

I'd like to know how they are defining "best original game" because as good as Overwatch may be is it really that original?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 5 EmptySat 19 Nov 2016 - 19:50

It's best new IP really but not everyone knows what IP means but will not what original does.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Nov 2016 - 14:35

Hmm...you'd think most of the folk voting for these awards would know what IP means, plus using something like "best new game" would be perfectly reasonable.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Nov 2016 - 14:44

Sure, this is what it was up against
Abzu
Firewatch
Furi
Hyper Light Drifter
Inside
No Man's Sky
Overwatch
Quantum Break
Soma
Tom Clancy's The Division
The Witness

It seems like it was going to be the clear winner out of those.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Nov 2016 - 15:08

Aye, not fussed about who won or not as I'm not a fan of award shows for anything really.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Nov 2016 - 15:16

Yeah I know and I don't much weight behind the Golden Joysticks or even the upcoming VGAs which is only worth a watch for trailers we may see.

The only ones I really take serious is things like the ones at GDC where actual game developers vote, which to me us like players player of the year in football. Your peers awarding you must be a great honour then some random guy who voted for you on the internet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5