We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.

Go down 
+14
Dusty Knackers
Treesmurf
beemoh
Admin
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Cube
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
Jimbob
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 3 EmptyMon 7 Oct 2013 - 20:08

Not too bad so far, glad the PS3 placed though I'd have liked to see it a little higher. Bring on the next ones.

Edit: The PS3 has a great control!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 3 EmptyMon 7 Oct 2013 - 20:09

Yup, get those bastards out of the way.  The only other non-Nintendo consoles I can see making an appearance are the 360 and maaaaaaybe the PS1.  But probably not.

...oops, forgot the Dreamcast, which Masofdas will no doubt have given ELEVENTY BILLION VOTES.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 3 EmptyMon 7 Oct 2013 - 20:23

andyman949 wrote:

Edit: The PS3 has a great control!
Every other 3D console has a better controller. Using both of a playstation's analogue sticks is just awkward.

Well, that's one of mine on the list. Doesn't normally happen this early. I hope 360 doesn't place higher than PS3 but I can see the PSX showing up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 3 EmptyMon 7 Oct 2013 - 20:26

Well seeing the PSX is a Japanese only ps2 with a satellite built in if anyone did vote for it it would of gone with ps2 votes.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 3 EmptyMon 7 Oct 2013 - 20:31

Sorry, meant PS1. No idea why I put PSX...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 3 EmptyMon 7 Oct 2013 - 20:36

Everyone puts PSX when they mean PS1 , I don't know why but I just find it annoying.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 3 EmptyMon 7 Oct 2013 - 20:44

PS3 is my second favourite control, only the gamecube control ranks higher.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 3 EmptyMon 7 Oct 2013 - 20:48

andyman949 wrote:
the gamecube control.
ooooh yeah, that's the stuff... Best controller ever.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 3 EmptyMon 7 Oct 2013 - 20:50

Nah, Wii U.

Speaking of which, it's obviously not going to place, which is a shame because it's a great console.  Just... not many games for it, yet.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 3 EmptyMon 7 Oct 2013 - 22:51

Gutted the PS2 didn't place higher, that was my number one placing. I can sense I'm going to be disappointed with these results. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Oct 2013 - 16:34

I chucked the Wii U in there. It might not have loads of games there but what it does have is great.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Oct 2013 - 16:43

Slightly surprised to see the PS3 above the PS2. I had the general, vague and woolly impression that the PS2 was so long-lasting it had many ace games, but the PS3 was... er... just not as popular. Wow, I really have been paying attention! Duh!

Anyway, to Sony the spoils so far! I hope to see some Nintendo tonight.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Oct 2013 - 18:52

If Wii U does place now I'll be really disappointed. Not because it isn't a nice enough console (though I'm still not sold on the pad) but because it shouldn't beat consoles with massive libraries of classic games (as far as I'm concerned at least).

As for PS3 rating over 2 I personally think that each gen should in theory be getting better. If there isn't a significant improvement over the last I'd question why the gen changed. Could just be me of course, but that's definitely how I feel.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Oct 2013 - 19:13

I'm quite interested to see where the Wii U winds up (be it in the top ten or not). As far as my own voting on it:

Spoiler:

~

PS2 placed highly on my list. No console has a software library that diverse.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Oct 2013 - 19:59

Are You Ready for 8th & 7th of course you are.

Number 8:

Number 7:
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Oct 2013 - 20:18

Good to see those two make an appearance. The 360 scraped into my top ten; as clunky and unlikable as it can be, it's got plenty of good stuff going for it.

Unpopular opinion incoming: I think the Mega Drive pounds the SNES into the ground.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Oct 2013 - 20:21

Agree with you there Kid.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Oct 2013 - 20:37

Nah, I preferred the SNES through and through. As for the 360, it was my 3rd ranked console - I had a great time with it.

Wonder when we'll see our first handheld?

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Oct 2013 - 21:41

Not surprised about the 360, for the online and controller if nothing else. The Mega Drive's an "out of nowhere" for me, but then I wasn't old enough to know or care about the SNES-era console wars. About time for a Nintendo console in number 6, surely? (Either that or Mas is trolling and the entire ranking is made up of non-Nintendo units.)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Oct 2013 - 22:16

But your older then me Balla, I think the only thing the SNES beats the mega drive on imo is the adventure genre with link to the past. All other genre's are just as good or better on the mega drive.

Also there could be 3 special guests at the end.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Oct 2013 - 22:29

masofdas wrote:
But your older then me Balla, I think the only thing the SNES beats the mega drive on imo is the adventure genre with link to the past. All other genre's are just as good or better on the mega drive.
Disagree totally with that - SNES has a way better range of quality RPGs and platformers, amongst other genres.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Oct 2013 - 22:35

SNES has Final Fantasy , secret of mana etc. Mega Drive has Phantasy Star, Shining Force etc. Platformers SNES has Mario and Donkey Kong. Mega Drive has Sonic and Toejam and the better Disney games. I could go on.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Oct 2013 - 22:56

I didn't vote for any Xboxes or any Segas but I can certainly see the training there. I actually have a lot of nostalgia for the old Mega Drive, but none of the games feel all that fun when I play them today, compared to their SNES counterparts.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Oct 2013 - 23:25

masofdas wrote:
SNES has Final Fantasy , secret of mana etc.  Mega Drive has Phantasy Star,  Shining Force etc. Platformers SNES has Mario and Donkey Kong.  Mega Drive has Sonic and Toejam and the better Disney games.  I could go on.
To each their own I suppose. I've never been taken with Phantasy Star or Shining Force and I don't like Sonic. Never played Toejam though (although better than Mario and DKC?!) and I'll grant you the better Disney games.

Buskalilly wrote:
none of the games feel all that fun when I play them today, compared to their SNES counterparts.
This pretty much sums up the Mega Drive for me, outside of the Streets of Rage games.
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 3 EmptyWed 9 Oct 2013 - 0:01

I was one of the two who put the PS3 in first, and the 360 and Mega Drive both made my top five.

I bought a new Mega Drive not so long ago, too. So many great games that have aged brilliantly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next