We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fire Emblem Awakening - DLC content: Worth it?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

Fire Emblem Awakening - DLC content: Worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Fire Emblem Awakening - DLC content: Worth it?   Fire Emblem Awakening - DLC content: Worth it? EmptyThu 17 Oct 2013 - 7:47

I have had Fire Emblem Awakening for about a month now, yet only today realised that there was DLC available for it. Don't hate my ignorance, I am just not the kind of gamer who reads absolutely every thing that gets written about a game - I found out the old fashioned way, by playing the game (and getting a Note from Nintendo). Now I am aware, but still know little about it, as I am only into Chapter 3, I got sidetracked by Animal Crossing and now Pokemon. So tell me what you know.

The DLC packs cost $6 or $6.50 each and here is my problem straight up; with 8 of them, they costing me as much the game itself cost me, at $50.50, plus the last single one taking it to $53. It seems awfully expensive and would have to really worth it to pay for. So give me your thoughts. What do you give you for your money in time, entertainment value and what do they add to the story?

The packs are:
Champions of Yore #1
The Golden Gaffe (The Golden Gaffe, EXPonential Growth, Infinite Regalia)
Lost Bloodlines #1
Smash Brethren #1
Rogues & Redeemers #1
Challenge Pack (Death's Embrace, Five-Anna Firefight, Roster Rescue)
Scramble Pack (Harvest Scramble, Summer Scramble, Hot-Springs Scramble)
Future Past Pack
Apotheosis (single DLC)

Appreciation in anticipation Smile 
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - DLC content: Worth it?   Fire Emblem Awakening - DLC content: Worth it? EmptyThu 17 Oct 2013 - 9:41

I played a few of them, and there all quality bit's of of DLC, might be worth checking out the Fire Emblem thread. Some will give you a character that's really good, so will help in battles, one gives you a lot of gold so helps with buying thing, one explains Anna.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - DLC content: Worth it?   Fire Emblem Awakening - DLC content: Worth it? EmptyThu 17 Oct 2013 - 11:56

I did read a fair bit of the Fire Emblem thread, but I didn't really find anything overly specific. I see that most of them involve unlocking a character, but I have to wonder if that alone is worth the cost. It reminds me of Disgaea, where the toal cost of the DLC far exceeded the cost of the game and most of it was extra characters and outfits, not really value adding to the game. In Fire Emblem I see that there may be more than that.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - DLC content: Worth it?   Fire Emblem Awakening - DLC content: Worth it? EmptyThu 17 Oct 2013 - 12:04

It was some of the best DLC I've played especially value wise, a few quid for 3 missions much better then other companies have done with there DLC. As when i was playing the game the DLC came out once a week so a £5 a week didn't seem much for what I was getting but all in one go might be expensive, you think they would do a DLC bundle with it all in for $30 or something instead of $50 odd you say it is at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - DLC content: Worth it?   Fire Emblem Awakening - DLC content: Worth it? EmptyThu 17 Oct 2013 - 12:04

oldschool wrote:
I did read a fair bit of the Fire Emblem thread, but I didn't really find anything overly specific.
Couldn't this have been posted in that thread, though?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - DLC content: Worth it?   Fire Emblem Awakening - DLC content: Worth it? EmptyThu 17 Oct 2013 - 13:17

Frogadier wrote:
oldschool wrote:
I did read a fair bit of the Fire Emblem thread, but I didn't really find anything overly specific.
Couldn't this have been posted in that thread, though?
Well. yes, in theory. However, it would have very likely been lost and barely noticed. It has a very specific nature and is an addition to the game, rather than the game itself, giving its idiosyncratic properties that perhaps lend itself to a separate discussion. Or not.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - DLC content: Worth it?   Fire Emblem Awakening - DLC content: Worth it? EmptyThu 17 Oct 2013 - 13:27

Fair enough. I haven't played the game much, or the DLC at all. I just like seeing the forum kept tidy. (leaves threadwith broom, sweeping after him)
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - DLC content: Worth it?   Fire Emblem Awakening - DLC content: Worth it? EmptyThu 17 Oct 2013 - 13:29

Frogadier wrote:
Fair enough.  I haven't played the game much, or the DLC at all.  I just like seeing the forum kept tidy.  (leaves threadwith broom, sweeping after him)
You're a good man Balla ...... Frogadier. Is that temporary?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - DLC content: Worth it?   Fire Emblem Awakening - DLC content: Worth it? EmptyThu 17 Oct 2013 - 13:50

Probably. Depends how much I like being a ninja frog.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - DLC content: Worth it?   Fire Emblem Awakening - DLC content: Worth it? EmptyThu 17 Oct 2013 - 13:54

Frogadier wrote:
Probably.  Depends how much I like being a ninja frog.
Well, who wouldn't like being a Ninja frog Ninja 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - DLC content: Worth it?   Fire Emblem Awakening - DLC content: Worth it? Empty

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem Awakening - DLC content: Worth it?
Page 1 of 1