We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox

Go down 
+16
flora-chan
gjones
Rattlecat
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
2grundies
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
shanks
fronkhead
Silver light
Balladeer
Admin
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
masofdas
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox Empty
PostSubject: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 9:30

As you all know I'm not a fan of the PS2, but today it's 13 years old.

This thread is for all 6th generation consoles.

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 12 Mar 2021 - 9:12; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 11:28

Love the console - many fond memories playing through the Jak trilogy and the Ratchet games, being amazed by ICO and Shadow of the Colossus and spending hours on Final Fantasy X and Dark Cloud.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 11:39

Coincidentally I'm playing Splinter Cell HD today (though I believe it's meant to be the xbox version). I've enjoyed the PS2 most of the games I've played through HD collections including the first half of Jays list (other than Jak 2 obviously). Looking forwards to the FFX HD collection.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 11:42

I suppose my happiest PS2 memories were of watching a friend play Final Fantasy X, and occasionally helping my brother out on some of the mini missions in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. It was also the console where I first sampled Rez, Space Channel 5, Okami, Canis Canem Edit and Parappa the Rapper 2. Not bad for a guy who never owned a PS2, I guess.

I've also got an unplayed copy of Shadow of the Colossus sitting on my shelf. I picked it up very cheap when my brother had his PS2, but I have no personal means of playing it myself.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 16:09

Best thing's I've played on a PS2 is Team ICO's games, nothing else on the console applied to me after getting a Cube & Xbox.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 16:43

Boo_the_great wrote:
Rez
Totally forgot about this! Great game.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 16:49

MiniblinMoyles wrote:
Boo_the_great wrote:
Rez
Totally forgot about this! Great game.
It's what I'd imagine a drug trip to be, from the perspective of a person who's never dabbled in 'em. Typical SEGA inventiveness of that era. Space Channel 5 was similarly inventive, but I wasn't all that keen on the game itself.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 16:54

REZ a classic dreamcast game which was ported to PS2. I need to get REZ for my dreamcast but is on the pricy side.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 17:03

I took the PS2 option at the time because it was stupidly cheap. I think it cost me £6.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 19:31

Yeah, I got my copy for dirt cheap too. PS1 and PS2 are ridiculously cheap these days.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 19:44

There's still a few priceyer one's like Hack on PS2, just looking at REZ on DC it's down to about £40 now used to be up around £90.

Also I've brought up X-Box, Cube and Dreamcast would you mind if I change topic from PS2 to 6th Generation thread instead or leave it how it is.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 20:22

Feel free to expand it if you wish, though naturally people are going to reference other consoles in the same time period when discussing ports and such.

@Jay: Just don't expect to find cheap copies of the Sony Mega Man outings, Klonoa and Tombi.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013 - 20:11

My local indy store has ex-rental versions of both Tombi's there £35 each which is a good price.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013 - 20:46

I don't view Retro often, but I feel that I need to come in and sing the praises of the Gamecube.  What a console.  It was my favourite in the voting thread, don'tcha know.  Luigi's Mansion, Sunshine, Monkey Ball 2, Metroid Prime, Pokémon XD, Mêlée, Power Tennis, Double Dash!!, Wind Waker, Thousand-Year Door...  It may not have had a lot of games, but it did have some utter classics.  Nice dinky console too: I actually like it more than some of the later, "cool"-looking consoles, like the Apple-white Wii and Wii U.  And the controller wasn't bad either.

I'm sure I've forgotten some other games I loved (I never played Chibi Robo or Jungle Beat, sadly), but that list is enough to make me all warm and glowing when I look at it.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013 - 20:57

The Cube was 3rd on my top 10, highest nintendo console. That's some great game's Balla and you missed out Resident Evil Remake, Zero & 4, eternal darkness, PN03, metal gear twin snakes, tales of symphonia and more
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013 - 21:25

I think I preferred the Cube at the time, but retrospectively I'm high on the PS2.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox EmptyWed 30 Oct 2013 - 12:01

Boo PS2 Boo, I do hope some of it's good games come to PS4 via Gaikai or even the HD remakes from the PS3 do.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox EmptyWed 30 Oct 2013 - 14:53

They likely will.

I saw a post about Spider-Man 2 on Reddit yesterday, anyone play that? Best superhero game to date.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox EmptyWed 30 Oct 2013 - 15:34

I've got that on the cube but still haven't slotted it into the machine. Surely it can't be better than Batman though?!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox EmptyWed 30 Oct 2013 - 15:47

I played it on Cube back in the day, it was excellent. But now like Andy say's batman is better but for that generation if you want a super hero, movie or licensed game that's the best really you can do. Apart from maybe Riddick on Xbox, also I think Xbox version is best for spidey.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox EmptyWed 30 Oct 2013 - 21:41

They were all basically the same console to console though. Meh 

Still a cracker though, and while I'd probably agree that Batman: Arkham Asylum is a better game (I prefer Asylum to City because it feels like a much tighter, polished experience) I still think Spider-Man 2 trumps Batman in regards to moving about and free roaming.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox EmptyWed 30 Oct 2013 - 21:45

I used to think the same about Asylum but the enemies and levels are just much more varied.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox EmptyWed 30 Oct 2013 - 21:55

I think the xbox version had better draw distance if I remember correctly. I think asylum is the better of the 3 games.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox EmptyWed 30 Oct 2013 - 21:58

I was also thinking back onto the Timesplitters series - bloody brilliant games those. Whatever happened to that Timesplitters next-gen game we were going to get a while back?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox EmptyWed 30 Oct 2013 - 22:06

Timesplitters 2 was brilliant used to play system link all the time. Aren't we getting that HD best of multiplayer game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox Empty

Back to top Go down

6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next