We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox

Go down 
+16
flora-chan
gjones
Rattlecat
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
2grundies
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
shanks
fronkhead
Silver light
Balladeer
Admin
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
masofdas
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 7 EmptySun 12 Apr 2015 - 16:06

Being a Playstation retro gamer is pretty cheap - I started amassing a little collection a while back and didn't drop more then £5 on any one game.

Off the top of my head, some games you should check out - Final Fantasy X, the Ratchet and Clank trilogy, the Jak and Daxter trilogy, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, the Devil May Cry trilogy, Persona 3 and 4 and WWE Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 7 EmptySun 12 Apr 2015 - 16:11

FFX I will be playing soon on PS4 and a few of the others I have played but like you said seems a cheap system to pick stuff up for an of course able to play PS1 games but there slightly more pricy for something decent.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 7 EmptyWed 3 Jun 2015 - 21:37

And... because your not a fan to be believe that you hate the PS2 because it killed the dreamcast?
hi I feel yeah but that not excuse to hate Playstation 2 games towards this era and you know it.

I supported the gamecube as I knew a friend had one and played super smash bros but didn't have it until the Wii come out. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 7 EmptyWed 3 Jun 2015 - 21:42

PS2 didn't kill the dreamcast only idiots think that and I had a PS2 almost right away and enjoyed games on it till I got a GameCube & Xbox which to me are far better & had games I wanted to play.  

And at that age had less money,  so could only buy so many games.  So bought ones I knew I would like & play.

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 3 Jun 2015 - 21:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 7 EmptyWed 3 Jun 2015 - 21:47

Yeah I am a idiot I don't know anything what happened Cheeky
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 7 EmptyWed 3 Jun 2015 - 21:51

Well if you did you'll know SEGA killed the Dreamcast.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 7 EmptyWed 3 Jun 2015 - 22:03

So why hate the PS2? yeah okay you couldn't afford games doesn't matter and other consoles were more to your taste fair enough.
but it wasn't the worse console to even exist of disliking as it's the best console being sold of 17 million which others didn't even reach yet.
I think it's both SEGA and releasing it the same time as the PS2 launch, if mistakes didn't happen would have done well in the future.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 7 EmptyWed 3 Jun 2015 - 22:15

I think someone needs to check there numbers the PS2 sold over 100m SKUs in its lifetime. But being popular doesn't mean your the best.

DC came out before the PS2 to have a head start over it but didn't make a difference as SEGA were the problem no one else.

I've owned lots of console ones considered terrible like the Jaguar but it had charm and AvP, the PS2 to me didn't have that charm it's just a thing.

I think closed way now to compare it is with the iPhone it's popular etc but to me stale & boring.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 7 EmptyWed 3 Jun 2015 - 22:34

I meant to put 170 million wasn't sure on the number, the playstation 2 isn't a thing and it's not a failed project. Without it we wouldn't be getting the PS3 and PS4 your playing right now instead of Xbox One. How can you hate something that helped in the future for your gaming experience? doesn't make any sense to me. Thumbs Down...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 7 EmptyWed 3 Jun 2015 - 22:55

I never said it was a failed thing the PS2 with its 157m skus sold and or that it didn't do things for gaming (it didn't many though). I think your miss understanding me as I'm saying at the time of 6th gen out of the 4 to me the PS2 was the worst and now looking back at it as a retro console there is better ones out there with more charm to them.

If you have read all the post on this thread, you'll know that I think there is some very good games on the PS2 like SotC.

Also we would of got a PS3 if the PS2 was a failure, it's how long could they keep failing would of been the question as we know from SEGA you can only fail so many times before you run out of money.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 7 EmptyWed 3 Jun 2015 - 23:06

Yeah will give it a read this thread and see what you think of it better, that good than that you don't hate it.
Anyways onward about SEGA, I think they're more forcing on giving games out on Nintendo consoles more I think
I am glad they did Sonic games still and working there arse off for Bayonetta 2 payed off, hope to see more of them on the Wii U!

examples more making of Phantasy Star Online and Skies of Arcadia these are good games from SEGA

Last edited by flora-chan on Wed 3 Jun 2015 - 23:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 7 EmptyWed 3 Jun 2015 - 23:13

SEGA had nothing to with Bayo 2 part from putting there name on the box as they own the IP, it's Nintendo who you should be thanking for funding Platinum to make it.

The sonic games on the U have been dreadful but they do sell relatively well on Nintendo systems that the partnership between the two companies on Sonic is okay.

The PS2 is still my least favourite system ever actually it night be the Wii.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 7 EmptySun 21 Jun 2015 - 22:17

My DC Collection Part 1, 2 is on there as well as Cube & Wii U
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 7 EmptySat 20 Feb 2016 - 16:51

A chap on the Dreamcast Junkyard sent me this
6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 7 Cbqm4ZsW4AEGmL8

It's a fantastic repro of what would of been the retail version of it, I also found a chap who doe's them along with others like a English Translated modded version of Frame Gride which is From a now famous studio.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 7 EmptySun 22 May 2016 - 20:46

Picked up a Crystal X-Box yesterday, so will be grabbing some cheap classics up come payday. Forget how good some of the games still look compared to the Gamecube, PS2 and even the Wii.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 7 EmptySun 22 May 2016 - 21:03

Certainly do due to the POWER! of the console but then some due to art style have aged badly and vice-versa for the Cube due to art style something like Wind Waker still looks top notch.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 7 EmptyWed 6 Jul 2016 - 18:47

How you finding your OG Xbox gJones as we've been talking about the OG Xbox a lot recently at work me & eofgiz along with red ant. Both of those have now picked OG Xboxes and there sort of tempting me to get one as the system is cheap and games are very cheap compared to it's 6th gen counter parts also Halo System Link Love .

Both of them have picked up as 15 years ago this year the Xbox came out and both of them like me were in their teens, and it's sort of became a nostalgic console for them and both are a little sick of current games with stuff like updates and a new game all the time and everything sort of blurring together.

Only problem I've got if I pick up a OG is am I going to play it but it's far more cash friendly then the Cube, Dreamcast and my two 5th gen consoles.

But just wondering what you've been playing and have you found any hidden gems?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 7 EmptyWed 6 Jul 2016 - 19:00

I now have a mental image of an xbox stomping around like it's an original gangster. Laughing
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 7 EmptyWed 6 Jul 2016 - 21:36

masofdas wrote:
How you finding your OG Xbox gJones as we've been talking about the OG Xbox a lot recently  at work me & eofgiz along with red ant. Both of those have now picked OG Xboxes and there sort of tempting me to get one as the system is cheap and games are very cheap compared to it's 6th gen counter parts also Halo System Link  Love .

Both of them have picked up as 15 years ago this year the Xbox came out and both of them like me were in their teens, and it's sort of became a nostalgic console for them and both are a little sick of current games with stuff like updates and a new game all the time and everything sort of blurring together.  

Only problem I've got if I pick up a OG is am I going to play it but it's far more cash friendly then the Cube, Dreamcast and my two 5th gen consoles.

But just wondering what you've been playing and have you found any hidden gems?

I've played a few games, but the controller it came with has a dodgy cable. Because it's a Crystal Xbox and the controller is the Crystal design, I'm reluctant to get another S controller as it does work when held in a certain position. The system actually has a ton of games on it, but I haven't really tried any of the emulators (SNES, GBA). It has the two Halos, Fable, PGR2, Crazy Taxi 3, Panzer Dragoon Orta and Outrun 2. I've played Outrun 2 a fair bit, but it's a game that requires mastery and a lot of patience which I simply don't have. To be honest, I've spent much of my time playing Lucky Hit in Shenmue 2. That game really allows you to get your gambling fix without the worry of having your home repossessed. I've also got Ninja Gaiden that I'd like to actually complete one day, but it was very much the Dark Souls of its generation.

It's a system that is horribly ugly and barely fits on my TV unit, but it had some truly wonderful games. It's ridiculously cheap to buy games for it, but that's only good if you have the time to play them too. If I have an hour free to play a game, I tend to put the Wii on and play some Mario Galaxy rather than get in to an Xbox game. It's always felt like a system you'd boot up for a 3 hour gaming session, particularly with the type of games it had. Could be just me though.

Overall I'm happy to own one again, but it often loses out to other systems when I wonder about what to play. It makes me want to pick up a PS2 Slim, but again, I doubt I'd ever give it the time it deserves.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 7 EmptyWed 6 Jul 2016 - 21:41

Yeah Ninja Gaiden was hard but I did finish it, so I got gud before it was cool.

Yeah the PS2 like I posted awhile ago, has tempted me as well as I wasn't a fan and I've missed games on it but the good games may come to PS2 Classics and if they don't they'll likely expensive and I don't want to spend £20+ on a PS2 game.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 7 EmptyFri 22 Jul 2016 - 20:25

I've downloaded this piece of magic called PCSX2, a PS2 emulator. It's INCREDIBLE. The fact that I can play Timesplitters 2 on a laptop with a 360 controller and it actually works is dreamy. I tried to play Beyond Good & Evil but it was a bit dodgy (part of the screen was hidden by black pixels), so I'm starting with the early PS2 games like Rumble Racing, as they work. If anybody recommends early PS2 titles (that aren't RPGs - simply don't have time despite the urge to try Dark Cloud) then please let me know.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 7 EmptySun 24 Jul 2016 - 20:28

gjones wrote:
If anybody recommends early PS2 titles (that aren't RPGs - simply don't have time despite the urge to try Dark Cloud) then please let me know.

Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil, Sky Odyssey and Freak Out are three of my favourite early PS2 titles. Then there's stuff like SSX Tricky, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec, Jak & Daxter...for me, 2000-2001 was the golden age in the PS2's era.

Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 7 EmptyMon 25 Jul 2016 - 12:28

I never really thought about the PS2's golden age before. The 2000-2001 years were probably my favourite years in gaming, period. You had the Dreamcast relentless spewing forth gems, the N64 had some of its best releases (such as Paper Mario and Perfect Dark) and the PS2 was coming in to its own with titles such as GTA 3, NBA Street and the ones you mention. This was my favourite generation (1999-2005) as they were realising ideas from the previous generation, without taking them too far (ie. the massive open worlds we now see which are nearly impossible to fully explore or experience fully). There were succinct, linear experiences too and genres represented that just aren't now.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 7 EmptyMon 25 Jul 2016 - 20:42

The PS2 had a great 2001, and that was it part from the year it got SotC.

Gen 6, I do agree is the best of them all.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 7 EmptyMon 25 Jul 2016 - 23:34

gjones wrote:
I've downloaded this piece of magic called PCSX2, a PS2 emulator. It's INCREDIBLE. The fact that I can play Timesplitters 2 on a laptop with a 360 controller and it actually works is dreamy. I tried to play Beyond Good & Evil but it was a bit dodgy (part of the screen was hidden by black pixels), so I'm starting with the early PS2 games like Rumble Racing, as they work. If anybody recommends early PS2 titles (that aren't RPGs - simply don't have time despite the urge to try Dark Cloud) then please let me know.

I wholeheartedly recommend Jak and Daxter. It's pretty much the last major "collect-a-thon" platformer I can think of before the genre seemed to disappear, but it's a hell of a swansong - far and away my favourite platformer of all time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next