Three Houses? How many avocados are Intelligent Systems not eating?

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, X-Box

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Sheegoth

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, X-Box   Mon 20 Feb 2017 - 20:33

That's one of my very favourite games. I loved in 2001, back when I was getting into Jackass and all that, but when I went back to it earlier this decade I was well chuffed with how well it stood up. What I love most about it is how perfectly formed it is - it's got none of that excess fluff that all the latter games had, just straight-up Tony Hawk excellence.

Nostalgia Love
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masofdas
Disciple of Koizumi

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, X-Box   Tue 27 Feb 2018 - 17:08

You may have seen in the yesterday I bought thread that I picked up a PS2 and gJones mentioned he's looking at a slim along with bringing up he could name 100+ games worth getting on the PS2.

Now you only got to look at a few comments back to see that I'm not much of a fan of the PS2 and personally I think it's the worst Sony console (depends on your views on PocketStation and PSVR) and the worst of the 6th gen by a long way.

Yet for some reason, I really fancied playing either the PS2 or PS3 and as the likes of Ratchet & Clank which I do want to play are on both leaving the PS3 with things like Vanquish which are being made backwards compatible on Xbox One. Meaning the PS2 made more sense due to my views on it as I've likely missed more on it then I have PS3.

I'm wondering what games are worth checking out part from the obvious ones like Jak (which I could play on PS4), Ratchet, Persona 3, SotC (I know I've got the remake but I want that cardboard box), Metal Gear and any thoughts on these that come to mind (what looks interesting from the first 20 pages on Amazon) that I've not played or know much about:

Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call
Dog's Life
Shadow Hearts, all 3 games
Champions of Norrath
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
Hack, all of them
Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings or Indiana Jones & the Emperor's Tomb
Mr Moskeeto
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
We Love Katamari
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
Wild Arms 3
Death by Degrees
Forbidden Siren 1 or 2
Kuon
Shadow of Memories
Haunting Ground

At the moment I only own Drakengard which looks so dull and plays like it to and 3 PS1 games Metal Gear Solid, Tekken 3 & Gran Turismo 2 with Eternal Ring (which I've never played) for PS2 on its way and a component cable.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gjones
Cooltrainer

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, X-Box   Sun 4 Mar 2018 - 18:05

I don't know much about those games, or many of the RPGs the PS2 is considered to be the go-to console for, but I'll mention some of the games I'd like to revisit or play for the first time:

Grandia 2 and 3
Burnout Dominator
Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution
Okami
Final Fantasy XII
Splashdown
Viewtiful Joe/other multi-format stuff
Shinobi
Nightshade
God of War
Soul Calibur III
Mercenaries
Fahrenheit
Hitman Contracts
Deus Ex/Half-Life/PC ports
Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast (obv)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masofdas
Disciple of Koizumi

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, X-Box   Sun 4 Mar 2018 - 19:00

I can talk about a few of those

Grandia 2 and 3, I have the second for Dreamcast and it has a great battle system that I would want to try to pin down the 3rd
Burnout Dominator, I think this was a PSP game ported to PS2 much like late PS2 games
Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution, It was good but I got a feeling it will have aged
Okami, It has a PS4 version which is only like 15
Final Fantasy XII, Same as Okami but costing more
Splashdown, No idea
Viewtiful Joe/other multi-format stuff, Joe I've got on Cube and few others I sooner have on that or pick up an OG Xbox to have the best versions in most cases
Shinobi, No idea unless we're talking Mega Drive
Nightshade, No idea even what this is
God of War, I'm shocked the HD ports haven't been ported to PS4 to have them on that part from 3 and Ascension
Soul Calibur III, This was crap after the first and magnificent sequel
Mercenaries, It was okay
Fahrenheit, Better on OG Xbox and it has a PS2 Classic on PS4 but is great
Hitman Contracts, Never played
Deus Ex/Half-Life/PC ports, Hmm I've played a few of these so-called classics and I really don't think they hold up at all.
Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast, I wonder if the OG Xbox version is the best with the first version being exclusive that it could build on and use the extra power of the console

Most of my responses is why I'm trying to find things only on PS2 or is something I'd want to collect like the cardboard sleeved Shadow of the Colossus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gjones
Cooltrainer

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, X-Box   Sun 4 Mar 2018 - 22:44

masofdas wrote:
I can talk about a few of those

Shinobi, No idea unless we're talking Mega Drive
Nightshade, No idea even what this is

Call yourself a SEGA fan?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
masofdas
Disciple of Koizumi

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, X-Box   Mon 5 Mar 2018 - 15:53

I think the issues is more that they're on PS2 and SEGA is one of the reasons I love the OG Xbox so much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, X-Box   

Back to top Go down

6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, X-Box
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: Gaming Miscellaneous :: Retro-
Jump to: