We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox

Go down 
+16
flora-chan
gjones
Rattlecat
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
2grundies
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
shanks
fronkhead
Silver light
Balladeer
Admin
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
masofdas
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 2 Empty30/10/13, 10:26 pm

They became Crytek and just made Crysis games (which is fine by me)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 2 Empty30/10/13, 10:30 pm

the HD remake known as rewind is coming to ps4. I thought they became crytek uk which I don't know what they've done, on crysis is very pretty but no gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 2 Empty30/10/13, 10:45 pm

No gameplay?! Crysis are some of the best FPS games ever. There's plenty of ways to tackle the levels and the guns are sweet. The online is great fun to (unless you come up against a badass clan).
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 2 Empty30/10/13, 10:52 pm

Crysis was huge for PC gaming, it really pushed the boundaries of what was possible graphically at the time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 2 Empty31/10/13, 10:27 am

Yeah graphically it's great , but I find it boring as hell to play especially the multi player which was done by crytek uk according to Wikipedia, and seeing they done timesplitters which has great multi player and most of the team goldeneye before that. I was very disappointed in it.
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 2 Empty31/10/13, 10:11 pm

Ah, Timesplitters. That series <3 TS2 especially. I'd tout that as the best FPS of all time.

It's a shame that the series is pretty much dead. I mean, yeah, there's Rewind but that's really just a fan project with Crytek's backing.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 2 Empty31/10/13, 10:47 pm

With new consoles launching soon, I have recently been reminded at how good a launch lineup GameCube had: Super Monkey Ball, Luigi's Mansion, Star Wars Rogue Leader, Wave Race Blue Storm, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, SSX Tricky, Burnout...

I remember being blown away when I arrived home to see my brother playing Rogue Leader.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 2 Empty31/10/13, 11:09 pm

I'd say that's one of the best launch line-ups ever. Something for everyone, and all top games.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 2 Empty01/11/13, 08:42 am

Agree TS2 is up there with the vest FPS's.

Yeah GameCube line up is one of the best a lot of decent games. But i would stay the xbox and dreamcast's were better.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 2 Empty01/11/13, 04:22 pm

masofdas wrote:
But i would stay the xbox and dreamcast's were better.
Of course you would. Nah nah! 

Pretty sure I had a thread on console launches a while back, need to go seek that out.

One thing I've noticed about that generation of consoles is that a lot of their games are aging graphically quickly now.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 2 Empty01/11/13, 04:27 pm

Really? Sunshine, and even Luigi's Mansion, still look fine to me.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 2 Empty01/11/13, 04:36 pm

A lot, not all. I feel Xbox and PS2 suffers from that more, as they went for gritty and realistic as opposed to stylised and cartoony.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 2 Empty01/11/13, 09:48 pm

Yeah I started playing Luigi's mansion again yesterday and it was still fine to me
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 2 Empty02/11/13, 09:19 am

Cube game's hold up the best, I think a few dreamcast games look good still though.

Xbox was a better launch because of Halo. Yeah you did have a launch thread Jay I think I said dreamcast had the overall best but N64 had the best game at a launch with Super Mario 64.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 2 Empty03/11/13, 01:36 am

Super Mario 64 for best launch game indeed. That Hiroshi Yamauchi delayed the system just to make sure Mario 64 was finished says it all, really, what a transformative game. And one that's still as fun to explore today as it was in 1996. Like a lot of N64 classics, it's timeless.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 2 Empty03/11/13, 12:06 pm

For a console I was very fond of, it's odd that I've hardly ever returned to my GameCube since the format was left behind. I blame this on the amount of gaming time my handhelds steal from me these days. I have enough DS/3DS games to keep me occupied 'til PS74.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 2 Empty03/11/13, 01:40 pm

I was the same with the Cube it was just this week that I picked it up again and wanted to have another run of Mario Sunshine (when it arrives) as well as Luigi's Mansion and Pokemon Colosseum as they are the games I have at the moment, need to hunt down a copy of the best Mario Kart ever and maybe Twilight Princess as I never played the Cube version
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 2 Empty03/11/13, 03:38 pm

Twilight Princess on 'Cube is a funny one. On the one hand, it really is a graphical swansong for the format; but on the other, the Wii version is more polished. I mean stuff like the look of the HUD and the menus. At least it's played out in flipped mode, though, making it feel like a different game; and Link wields his sword with his traditional left hand.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 2 Empty03/11/13, 06:51 pm

There's so many great games on the Cube shanks, I could give you a list a mile long.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 2 Empty04/11/13, 01:52 am

masofdas wrote:
There's so many great games on the Cube shanks, I could give you a list a mile long.
Give me your top 10, see what I missed out on back in the day and should get now
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 2 Empty04/11/13, 09:46 am

That's a YouTube video idea there, anyway

Masofdas's top 10 game's on GameCube:

1. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
2. Resident Evil 4
3. Super Smash Bros. Melee
4. Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
5. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
6. Resident Evil (remake)
7. Beyond Good & Evil
8. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
9. Super Mario Sunshine
10. Soulcalibur II

Missed the Cut:
Animal Crossing
Doshin the Giant
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
F-Zero GX
Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee
killer7
Lost Kingdoms 1 & 2
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
P.N.03
Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II & III
Pokémon Colosseum & XD
Resident Evil Zero, 2, 3, Code
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Spider-Man 2
SSX Tricky
Star Fox Adventures
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
Tales of Symphonia
TimeSplitters 2
Ultimate Spider-Man
Viewtiful Joe & 2
Virtua Striker 2002
Wario World
WWE Day of Reckoning & 2

Last edited by masofdas on 05/11/13, 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 2 Empty04/11/13, 10:47 am

Alrighty then..

Played and loved to death Legend of Zelda Wind waker (why I traded it in at the end of the cubes life I never know)
Yep Had RE4 both on the Cube and I think I still have it on the Wii as well
My least favorite Smash Bros
Didn't have MGS
Or the RE remake
Or 7 and 8
Mario Sunshine is on it's way hopefully as I want to complete that for once.
and yeah had Soul Caliabur II.

Also back in the day I had
Animal Crossing
Luigi's Mansion (which I have again now)
Mario Kart DD
Paper Mario
Pokemon Colosseum (have again)
PKMN XD
Spidey 2
Ultimate Spidey
Phantasy star
Rouge Squadron

And out of that list I wouldn't mind getting XD, MKDD, Paper Mario again, Same with the 2 Zelda games even though I have them on the Wii / U
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 2 Empty04/11/13, 11:04 am

If you like zelda you might like BG&E
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 2 Empty04/11/13, 05:17 pm

Beyond Good and Evil is a cracking game. Very very atmospheric.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 2 Empty04/11/13, 05:21 pm

I think it illustrates how strong and deep the GameCube's library really was; of the games masofdas has in his top ten, exactly one would find it's way into my own (Melee).

~

What's the verdict on Killer7? Thinking of getting it instead of Mario & Sonic 2014...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next