We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub

Go down 
+11
Buskalilly
Vidofnir
Cube
masofdas
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
fronkhead
Axis1500
ZeroJones
Balladeer
The_Jaster
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub - Page 2 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 14:00

Double post Razz

First review is in: http://www.godisageek.com/2014/04/nintendo-pocket-football-club-review/
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub - Page 2 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 20:48

Another review: http://www.n-europe.com/reviews/nintendo-pocket-football-club

Although I don't trust the guy who wrote it at all.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub - Page 2 EmptyFri 11 Apr 2014 - 14:04

Here's a review you may be inclined to trust a bit more: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-04-11-nintendo-pocket-football-club-review
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub - Page 2 EmptyFri 11 Apr 2014 - 16:04

The price issue was explained when I saw out on other parts of the Web that NPFC was a full retail release in Japan. Now that £10.79 seems a bit more bargainous!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Apr 2014 - 14:39

Currently downloading. The unskippable eight minute matches sound bollocks, but I guess I'll play something on the GamePad while that's all going down. Hope to see youse online sometime!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Apr 2014 - 17:05

Downloading now,

Hope we can get a league going.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Apr 2014 - 22:32

I'm getting this, Football manager is a little bit heavy for me these days so this game should give me my football fix. A Gnamer league would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Apr 2014 - 23:12

Got it downloading as we speak. Pretty excited actually.
Is it all made up Ninteams or legit league? Not sure which I'd prefer, if I'm honest.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub - Page 2 EmptyFri 18 Apr 2014 - 0:14

Its all made up teams and players which is refreshing. I have just finished designing my team name and kits, Magpie FC is born!

I could have wasted so much time deciding on a club name but some reference to my home team needed to be made. Just beware if we have an online match cause this could happen.

Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub - Page 2 Alan-Pardew-headbutt
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub - Page 2 EmptyFri 18 Apr 2014 - 0:15

The Buska Bears are away! Considered Tottenham but decided that would ruin the fantasy angle.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub - Page 2 EmptyFri 18 Apr 2014 - 0:28

I love the presentation of this game, reminds me of football manager when you could only see the dots moving around. Drew my first game after going mega defensive after seeing their player stats  :affraid: .

I'm just wondering if the starting squad is randomly generated. Do you have a player called Armstrong playing up front?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub - Page 2 EmptyFri 18 Apr 2014 - 0:33

Aye starting squads are random, after seeing your team names I may have to tweak mine slightly.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub - Page 2 EmptyFri 18 Apr 2014 - 13:40

I've been playing this quite a bit since I downloaded it yesterday. I'll reserve full judgement for the time being, but it's definitely addictive. I'm still getting a feel for it, tinkering around with tactics and training cards. The squad I started with was rubbish, but already I can see improvements in the performances. I wish I had a bigger transfer budget though - I spent all of mine on a 1,000 credit striker whose playing with all the confidence and verve of Ricky van Wolfswinkel. I don't know how to get/ask for more money - any advice?
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub - Page 2 EmptyFri 18 Apr 2014 - 14:17

To get more funds your prestige has to go up. I guess this comes with success? You start off as 'Unknowns'.

I nabbed a bargain for 400 coins called 'Gaillard'. Has three stats that are a C.  Dance 
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub - Page 2 EmptyFri 18 Apr 2014 - 17:18

I've played 3 league games so far with a 1-0 lose, 2-0 win and a 3-1 win.

One of my players has A in speed but D's and E's in everything else, I've got him on the wing.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub - Page 2 EmptySat 19 Apr 2014 - 15:50

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I wish I had a bigger transfer budget though - I spent all of mine on a 1,000 credit striker whose playing with all the confidence and verve of Ricky van Wolfswinkel. I don't know how to get/ask for more money - any advice?

Don't think you can ask for more funds, releasing players will free up some money I assume. After your first season (and assuming you get promoted), your funds increase (not by much, but still).

Here's my first season results, lost my 100% record in my final league game.  Meh 

Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub - Page 2 BljXAnSIEAAaYl0
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub - Page 2 EmptySat 19 Apr 2014 - 19:07

New Londo FC have been promoted Smile it was pretty close as it went down to the last game of the season where I had to win, got pretty nervy when I checked up on my rivals score in another game (love that feature) & they were 2 up in 10 mins & my team were struggling against bottom of the table.

We finally scored in the 63rd minute then another 10 mins later & it was plain sailing from there. (My Rivals ended up drawing as well)

I really do like how exciting the games are to watch it really does capture the flow of the real life game at times, with lulls in play to skillful heart stopping moments, I feel really attached to my team already (can only see this feeling growing with time) Hofer & De Vries especially who seem to turn around games when I sub them on.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub - Page 2 EmptySat 19 Apr 2014 - 21:18

Whoa Dusty that is a pretty good record...

I just got promotion with Magpie FC (considering going for a more game related name) with a match left to play. Highlights include two great signings and a goal scored from the half way line!  Dance 

I got absolutely slaughtered in the cup tie with a division 1 team 5-0 though. The next division up has some tough teams so its going to take some transfers/training card's to get my team up to scratch.

So what formations do you guys use most often?

I have found using an attacking midfielder to be very rewarding with one striker playing a supporting role while the other is pushed as far forward as possible.

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub - Page 2 EmptySun 20 Apr 2014 - 10:33

It's mine! No tactics developed as of yet, though it looks like I've been lucky with my starting team - some of them have B-grade qualities! Shocked It looks fun, though a full eight-minute match might drag...
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub - Page 2 EmptySun 20 Apr 2014 - 21:38

Well, any worries about the game being too easy have been put to rest in the advanced league...

I have been well beaten a few times, though I am just starting the new season. Does anyone know how to utilise the 'zone' effectively? I feel I may be missing a trick with it.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014 - 14:02

Finding this dispiritingly hard. Seven friendlies/practice matches in and my defence is porous, with a strike partnership of relegation form barrenness. It might be time to start again...
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014 - 14:16

I'm finding it best to train the team I started with. With two exceptions, my first team in my third season is made up for players that started my first game that I ever played. I've simply developed them through training. I've been using a formation similar to Vidofnir, with four defenders, four midfielders, an attacking midfielder (whose actually a striker) and one up front. No idea about the zone stuff, but the formation works well enough, as that usually gets me a couple of goals a game.

~

As a lot of you seem to be just starting the game, I'll post my thoughts after approximately twenty hours of playing:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014 - 14:54

Vidofnir wrote:
Does anyone know how to utilise the 'zone' effectively? I feel I may be missing a trick with it.

A tighter play zone will make your team better at passing. I play with the zone roughly on the half-way line, can leave you open to counter attacks, especially if your defenders aren't that great. It's something you need to experiment with to get the best results for your team.

ZeroJones wrote:
Finding this dispiritingly hard. Seven friendlies/practice matches in and my defence is porous, with a strike partnership of relegation form barrenness. It might be time to start again...

Don't be too downbeat, the early practice and friendly matches are against really tough opposition. Oddly, the teams in your league will be a lot easier to play against.

I'm coming to the end of my third season. I managed to dodge relegation from the Advanced League in my second season, this was a much tougher league than the one below it. In season three, I've comfortably finished top of the league, and am waiting to compete in the play-off to see if I can get promotion.

I've really been taken by this, it's so damn addictive!
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014 - 16:39

I just, just managed to avoid relegation on the last game of the second season. Coming from 3-1 behind to draw 3-3 while the team below me won. (In the end the team I was playing was relegated. Ha!)

The game is addictive, its just missing a few football staples. There is no indication of form or match ratings which limits selection somewhat. Also, it is now apparent that training your starting squad is the best tactic, wheeling and dealing is not as fruitful, though I did manage to nab a great S rating jumping keeper.

I do like the 'potential' mechanics and creating roles for players such as 'Dynamo' or 'Maverick' which feel fresh compared to other football simulators.

Oh, and I wouldn't worry about your friendlies and practice matches Zerojones. Against teams from higher leagues you will mostly be trounced. My advice would be to use Practice matches against higher teams to avoid losing fan support while utilising friendlies against teams from your own league to bolster fan support. Im quite sure I avoided the sack by sating the fans bloodlust by trouncing Oak athletic a few times.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014 - 20:01

I think NPFC has missed a trick with the online side of things, it'd be nice to be able to set up live (not play against saved data) tournament/Leagues with friends, oh I wonder if the player sharing function would be better than buying players?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next