It's Sunny! Thank Goodness for Consoles We Can Take Outside!

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
Disciple of Koizumi

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   Sun 24 Dec 2017 - 17:48

That's lovely Mas. 😊
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Drunkalilly
Tenderloin Minimise

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   Sun 24 Dec 2017 - 18:40

Snowballadeer wrote:
Do they do a lot for Christmas in Japan?  Different base religion, but I imagine they're equally enthused by the commercial and family aspects?

The KFC Christmas thing is very real and very brilliant.
Christmas is a thing in Japan, albeit on a much smaller scale and curiously considered more of a "couples" thing than a "family" thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk
Drunkalilly
Tenderloin Minimise

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   Mon 25 Dec 2017 - 7:34

MERRY
 CHRISTMAS
!!!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
Disciple of Koizumi

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   Mon 25 Dec 2017 - 9:50

Season's Greetings to y'all!

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   Mon 25 Dec 2017 - 9:55

Happy Christmas y'one and y'all! Father Christmas Reindeer King King King
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Jaster
Pokémon Master

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   Mon 25 Dec 2017 - 10:25

Merry birthmas to the babby zombie Jesus & to everyone on here. Thumbs Up!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
Disciple of Koizumi

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   Mon 25 Dec 2017 - 11:09

Today's Christmas plan: fill kitchen with soft toys while rest of family's at church, and photograph their reaction.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
Divine Beast Vah Ruta

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   Tue 26 Dec 2017 - 0:59

Merry Christmas

I got this lot for Xmas (minus Secret Santa) and £407 Cash (which isn't pictured, also I got £30 of that a few weeks ago which I've spent and £12 is off scratch cards that I need to go collect)

The main things are the SNES Mini which I'll talk about in it's thread and signed picture of Kevin De Bruyne.

Then a bunch of retro games my grandparents would have picked up at boot sales / charity shops unfortunately none really for my collection, link amiibo which I do already own, then bit's like smellys and pants & socks (not in picture along with some shoes) etc

The one thing I'm not sure about is the Retro-Bit (they are partnering with SEGA and talking Saturn & Dreamcast related stuff soon Very Happy ) Super Retro Trio, it's cool but I can't plug it into the TV without fiddling as it's not HDMI (I could run via my Elgato) and I don't own any NES or SNES carts (famicom's I think will work as well) and I don't really want to get back into collecting for either of them plus the decent games are pricey for both of those. Which leaves the Mega Drive part and I've got a Mega Drive for that, if I was trying save space like what the box says and not have 3 consoles out at the same time but it be replacing one for one and I can't even remember the last time I even bought a Mega Drive game. All that sounds bad but I do think it's neat and I get why my Dad bought it being retro etc and he paid a lot for it but I just don't know when or why I would use it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jimbob
Ice Climber

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   Sat 30 Dec 2017 - 8:59

Clearly the best thing in that pic os Don King boxing! Laughing

Belated Merry Christmas to you all. Hope it went well (I see a lot of Switch stories!); mine wasn't that painful this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Sheegoth

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   Sat 30 Dec 2017 - 11:22

Hope everybody has a cracking Christmas! Father Christmas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drunkalilly
Tenderloin Minimise

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   Sat 30 Dec 2017 - 19:36

Man, Christmas in a restaurant is the polar opposite of Christmas in retail. We were dead quiet in the run up to the big day, and on boxing day, but between Christmas and New Year we've been insane. I'm talking packed from open until close, mad understaffed, having to work 13-hour shifts. Still, lots of hours and lots of tips means big ol' paychecks in my final month before Japan, so I ain't complaining!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Sheegoth

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 0:13

Drunkalilly wrote:
between Christmas and New Year we've been insane. I'm talking packed from open until close, mad understaffed, having to work 13-hour shifts.

Welcome to the hospitality sector!

I worked one Christmas time in retail, and six in hospitality. Retail, quite honestly, was a piece of piss - no bother at all. Hospitality was an arse kicking though, every year, without fail, for the reasons you listed. Ooft.

~

What's everybody doing for Hogmanay and New Year's Day? I don't know what I'm doing yet Pale
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 7:16

My wife has a night shift, so I will be at home with the cats, chilling quietly. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
Disciple of Koizumi

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 9:58

NYE party with The Lady's friends, somewhere in the back of beyond. Standard stuff. Will go home shortly after midnight, probably.

Hope you find some plans, Cappa! As for Zero, any plan involving cats is a good plan. Smile I believe the back of beyond locale also has cats.
Back to top Go down
Drunkalilly
Tenderloin Minimise

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 12:15

I'm meeting a couple of people from work, and probably drinking and dancing until some daft time Monday morning.

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Welcome to the hospitality sector!

I worked one Christmas time in retail, and six in hospitality. Retail, quite honestly, was a piece of piss - no bother at all. Hospitality was an arse kicking though, every year, without fail, for the reasons you listed. Ooft.

Despite that, I would never go back. Retail was miserable in a way hospitality hasn't been so far. I get along with everyone, the people all want to be here and I'm selling nice food I actually believe they should try.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season   

Back to top Go down

The Christmas/Xmas/Hannukah/Saturnalia/BUY OUR STUFF Season
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Off Topic-
Jump to: