We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Videogames Punishment Thread

Go down 
+9
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Admin
Balladeer
beemoh
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Cube
ZeroJones
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zaphod_B
Wonderful
Zaphod_B

The Videogames Punishment Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Dec 2013 - 8:46

The only Ninty related breaks I've had weren't rage-related: My Wii U disc drive popped it's clogs for no reason a month ago (and was duly repaired), and I burnt though battery covers for my GBA by snapping the little plastic tab.

In terms of dishing out physical damage to a game, when we were kids, me and a friend rented Gex 64. We were, unsurprisingly, disgusted: my friend so much that he threw the cart out of the window of his attic room to smack onto the concrete road.

Like every good horror movie though, evil lingered. The cart had some cracks but was firmly held together by all the "void if removed" stickers the rental store had plastered over it, and still "worked". Insofar as Gex ever worked.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Dec 2013 - 16:03

Balladeer wrote:
 Shocked If you were my secret Santa (which you may or may not be), I'd be worried about any present I sent you being destroyed within days!
As long as nobody buys me some expensive fine china I'll be good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Dec 2013 - 16:24

Buskalilly wrote:
Then my DSi had a shoulder button that just up and died on me. I've been lucky so far with my 3DS and my XL.

My soapy blue DS Lite has had a dicky R button for years. I don't know whether it's a design flaw (it's been well looked after) or down to the fact that I played a lot of Mario Kart DS on it back in the day. I know my DSi's touchscreen was never the same after I played Chibi-Robo: Park Patrol.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Dec 2013 - 8:52

Jolly Smurf wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
 Shocked If you were my secret Santa (which you may or may not be), I'd be worried about any present I sent you being destroyed within days!
As long as nobody buys me some expensive fine china I'll be good.

...well, shit.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Oct 2014 - 9:35

A few days ago this appeared on my day one 3DS:

Punishment through overuse:

That New Nintendo 3DS better be happening soon!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Oct 2014 - 22:00

That 3DS looks... loved.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 Oct 2014 - 6:32

Yeah, that was Jas's reaction on Twitter. No idea how it happened! Shocked
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Aug 2017 - 8:31

A couple of years ago I accidentally hoovered up the Wii Sensor Bar cable, snapping it in half. Yesterday - I - did it - again?

The Videogames Punishment Thread - Page 2 36312003980_2ffb7e669b_z

Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Aug 2017 - 20:50

Drunkalilly wrote:
My various incarnations of DS always seemed to get dropped and smashed at the hinges. I dropped my DS at a restaurant and sent it to Nintendo. Ended up paying about 40 quid. Then I swapped that DS for a lite and that slowly cracked open but they fixed that for free because I didn't do anything. Then my DSi had a shoulder button that just up and died on me. I've been lucky so far with my 3DS and my XL.

The Videogames Punishment Thread - Page 2 728e1ac02f1e69a08a5e5374831bdb03--kfc-gravy-recipe-spreads
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Videogames Punishment Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2