We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.

Go down 
+16
Jimbob
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Fancy Fancy
Zaphod_B
Treesmurf
Rattlecat
JayMoyles
Athrun888
beemoh
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
Cube
Balladeer
Dusty Knackers
Axis1500
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. Empty
PostSubject: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. EmptyMon 9 Dec 2013 - 1:25

Another forum I'm part of does this, so I thought it would be fun to do this here too.
Before 2014 starts, use your crystal ball to predict what will transpire during the next 12 months in videogames.

The only rule is you're not allowed to edit your predictions once 2014 arrives - that's cheating.

For example, on this other forum, I wrote the following for 2013:

Axis' 2013 Gaming Predictions wrote:

Sony:

A new model of the Vita will be released - it won't have the OLED but will have some memory pre-installed.

Nintendo:

Nintendo will once again give a lackluster E3, but will make up for it with amazing Nintendo Directs.
Bayonetta 1 will be ported to the Wii U too
We'll finally see Flipnote hit the 3DS.
Project HAMMER will be revived.

Microsoft:

Microsoft will unveil their new console. It will be the most powerful of the three.

Other / General:

The Ouya will be a flop.
As you can see, I got some things right [particularly proud of the Nintendo E3 prediction] but a lot wrong too. Have fun! I'll post my 2014 predictions later.

Last edited by Axis1500 on Mon 9 Dec 2013 - 2:10; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. EmptyMon 9 Dec 2013 - 1:54

Fun idea. I'll come back and post some stuff once I've had a think... *reads tea leaves*
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. EmptyMon 9 Dec 2013 - 7:54

Ditto-ing Dusty. Got to do some pondering. At the moment, though, I am firmly convinced that SSB4 will not see the light of day in 2014.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. EmptyMon 9 Dec 2013 - 10:11

Sony
Uncharted has actually been in development for a while, will get a Q4 2014 release.

Nintendo
Smash Bros released September.
New Wii U model (a few small changes) with a lower price tag (£199.99 to £219.99) and Smash Bros. included to do a "relaunch", accompanied by lots of advertising.
New Metroid Prime announced June-July from Retro Studios.

Microsoft
They finally realise that Kinect is rubbish and release a cheaper bundle without it.

Other
Steam OS and Steam Machines will be a flop, but it will have lasting effects: Microsoft will release Windows 8.2 with controller, phone and tablet support for controlling the OS and companies will start selling PCs (and PC cases) designed for use with the TV.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. EmptyMon 9 Dec 2013 - 17:20

Sounds Good and I think yours last year were pretty close Axis. I will have proper think about this before I post. I was right about PS4 release date, so hopefully I can again.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. EmptyMon 9 Dec 2013 - 17:45

Cube wrote:

Nintendo
lots of advertising.

Good one.

~

Sony:

Continue to potter along, so their thing, have good games that I'll likely never play. New Uncharted, new Motorstorm, Gran Turismo 6 and Last of Us to come to PS4.

Nintendo:

Super Mario 3D Land sequel on 3DS
Bayonetta 2 slips to 2015.
HD GameCube ports on Wii U, and lots of 'em.
Big Wii U Christmas game to be a Mario Party or a Wii Fit U expansion.
New Paper Mario announced for Wii U.
3D Donkey Kong game (possibly 64) to wind up on 3DS.

Microsoft:

XBox One flops everywhere but here and the US. Creativity stifled, no fun had by anyone.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. EmptyMon 9 Dec 2013 - 18:51

Cube wrote:
Nintendo
...lots of advertising.

I wish. Sulk 

Nintendo:
MK8 to lift Wii U sales... a little bit.  Reaches number 7 in the charts, below a gaggle of shootybang games and annual re-releases.
Nintendo to have at most one surprise to reveal at E3, with all others being leaked beforehand. Possibly by Nintendo themselves.
Yoshi Yarn to take centre-stage at E3.  The end duly declared for Nintendo.
SSB4 to be pushed back to early 2015.  The end duly declared for Nintendo... again.
Pokken to be a 2014 Christmas game.  Nobody buys it.
Pokémon Z to be announced near the end of the year, with a new Zygarde form(e).  Only the one this time.
Starfox, in some form or another.  (They had one on the DS.  It has to turn up at some point.)
Metroid, in some form or another.  (Reggie wearing that pin.  It can't just be a coincidence/trolling.)
X to have one ghastly crippling flaw that pushes it down into the 70%s.  (Honestly, that thing just looks too good at the moment.)
Nintendo to continue to have a dearth of advertising and drift along in "third place", despite the relative lack of great games on the BBoPs.

Sony, Microsoft, PC, Ouya, Apple:
The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. OMG-Who-the-Hell-Cares

That's my lot for now!

Addendum:

Last edited by Balladeer on Tue 10 Dec 2013 - 15:44; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Touching up the list so that I can score myself out of ten.)
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. EmptyMon 9 Dec 2013 - 21:17

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
new Motorstorm

Evolution Studios (who are close by in Runcorn) are busy with Drive Club at the moment.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. EmptyMon 9 Dec 2013 - 23:22

General
*Moaning to still be the most popular game in 2014.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. EmptyTue 10 Dec 2013 - 9:59

Nintendo

-Smash to be pushed back by six to twelve months, landing it in 2015 or possibly even 2016.
-X to disappear off the face of the earth like Monado Beginning of the World did.
-The art of actually advertising their products to people other than people who've already bought their systems to continue to elude them.

Sony

-New Vita model announced, it proceeds to flop utterly.
-Ps4 to be hit by Wii U syndrome in the new year, Sony slashes price as a result.

Microsoft

-xbone suffers Wii U syndrome as well, and continues to be overall an irrelevant system.
-Kinnect to continue to be pushed over anything else.

Other things I don't pay attention to

-To continue doing what they've been doing these last few years.

EA, Activision, and Ubisoft

-Find their games stop selling as much as they were, wonder why after releasing a game every single year with barely any changes sales are starting to drop.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. EmptyTue 10 Dec 2013 - 10:09

You're almost as optimistic as I am, Athrun!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. EmptyTue 10 Dec 2013 - 18:26

Nintendo: Price cut, probably around the time of Smash 4's launch. 3DS will continue to sell steadily.

Sony: Will sell strongly.

Xbox One: Will also sell strongly, but nowhere near as well as Sony. Titanfall doesn't set the world on fire.

PC: Steam Machine won't sell as much as Valve wants, but it'll sell enough to turn the heads of the Big 3 manufacturers.

Ouya: Dies a horrible death.

Other: Microtransactions continue to be an issue. Telltale have a solid and impressive year, but one of their titles flops due to stretching their workload too far.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Rattlecat
Boo This Man .Gif
Rattlecat

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. EmptyTue 10 Dec 2013 - 21:50

Cool idea......

Here's my predictions.

- Rockstar announce that although they will not be bringing GTA V to the new generation of consoles, they will be releasing GTA online free to play and more heavily microtransaction based than current version. XboxOne and PS4 only.

- Epic announce that they will be bringing Gears Of War to XboxOne. However, it will not be a "story" based entry available at retail. Available for download will be a free to play download which has 4 maps and 2 modes (tdm + horde). Available at launch will be booster packs split into categories to allow those who prefer MP to buy MP modes and Co-op players will be able to purchase additional Co-op modes such as Beast. There will also be a booster map pack with more map packs and modes promised for a later date.

- Nintendo announce Nintendoland 2 for a winter 2014 release.

- Square Enix announce they have no future titles planned for the WiiU.

- Sega confirm that they will be releasing Shenmue 1+ 2 HD

- EA get voted worst company in america again.

- Doom 4 gets cancelled.

Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013 - 1:39

Rattlecat wrote:
- Nintendo announce Nintendoland 2 for a winter 2014 release.
 Dance Dance Dance Please this.

Nintendo
Mario Kart to be the big summer release with Smash Bros being the big Christmas release.
At least 2 or 3 new games to be announced at E3 or a Nintendo Direct before it and released before the year's end, most of which to be games nobody asked for.
Pokemon Z duh.
A price cut for Wii U with a brief surge in sales.
A 4th 3DS model.
Bayonetta 2 proves to be utterly disappointing.

Sony
New Uncharted and LittleBig Planet games, at least one of which will be more of a cash in than take advantage of ALL DAT POWARR!

Everyone else
Not really bothered.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013 - 3:15

Jolly Smurf wrote:

Why do you reckon that? The first one was pretty decent from what I played of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013 - 8:14

Rattlecat wrote:
- Rockstar announce that although they will not be bringing GTA V to the new generation of consoles, they will be releasing GTA online free to play and more heavily microtransaction based than current version. XboxOne and PS4 only.

- Epic announce that they will be bringing Gears Of War to XboxOne. However, it will not be a "story" based entry available at retail. Available for download will be a free to play download which has 4 maps and 2 modes (tdm + horde). Available at launch will be booster packs split into categories to allow those who prefer MP to buy MP modes and Co-op players will be able to purchase additional Co-op modes such as Beast. There will also be a booster map pack with more map packs and modes promised for a later date.

Proper little ray of Sunny , you are. Tongue 
Back to top Go down
Zaphod_B
Wonderful
Zaphod_B

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013 - 9:31

Oh, I like the idea of Mystic Meg-ing it up! Let's see...
*mystical wibbling*

Sony
-PS4 sells great guns but first-party lethargy, indie game delays and third-party parity with PS360 means it best games are cross-generational for a while
-An E3 filled with announcements for games not releasing any time soon (2015 onwards)
-plenty of Tomb Raider-style "definitive" editions, including a Last Of Us update
-Vita continues to flounder, first party resources drop from it like a stone as they rush to make HD games for the PS4, Sony push it as a add on for the  now successful PS4

Microsoft
-Xbox One does better than expected (avoiding a rash of "Microsoft is Dooommmed!" articles online), but not as well as the PS4
-A strong E3 showing of first party with a few new IPs and EA games...
-...but a similar issue to the PS4 with cross-generational game dominating it's first year
-A rare licence is trotted out in an announcement later in the year (but Rare won't get to work on it, ala Killer Instinct)

PC
-trundles on like the Steam train it is! Possibly the Steam sales lose some sheen and GoG and co get some more users but nothing drastic. More complaints of poor console ports.
-Drivers for both PS4 and XBone controllers open up the PC controller market a bit.

Nintendo
-3DS keeps selling great, Wii U sales pick up to reasonable levels, but still behind the other 2. Despite profits turned and games announced, websites will still run articles on how doomed Nintendo are every month or so. This trend will then become a meme when Reggie, after showing a pie-chart of profits, shouts it at some scared-looking Sony execs at E3, while laughing manically and throwing dollar bills at their faces.
-Smash Bros out in Winter, Mario Kart in April/May.
-Next-Level games given another ninty property to play with on 3DS...Starfox? (don't think we'll hear about this until 2015 though)
-An announcement of a new small-scale franchise linked to Shigsy in E3-Direct, and a trailer for the WiiU Zelda game.
-X is delayed into 2015
-A Metroid is announced for WiiU and 3DS, with a japanese development house behind it.
-Yarn Yoshi late summer, Yoshi New Island just before it, Yoshi DLC for something...
-The Year of Luigi will end...and the Year of Yoshi will begin! Dino-themed street parties occur all over the globe!!!

(edit: I also think the most accurate prediction should get sent a packet of Wine Gums or one of those big packs of Crunchie bars next Christmas! *furiously prepares Yoshi cookies and Dino-bunting*)
Back to top Go down
Fancy Fancy
FMK Tagline
Fancy Fancy

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013 - 11:38

Nintendo

Wii U Mini is released in December.

It won't play Wii games.
It won't connect to the internet.
It won't have a power supply in the box.
It's actually bigger than the Wii U.
It's made of rubber.

And there still won't be more than six great games on it.

Microsoft

XBox One continues to sell in the millions. Certain people still call it a flop.

Sony

PS4 continues to sell in the millions. Certain people call it a flop.
Vita continues to struggle, which delights certain people.
Vita TV & Vita 2000 are launched in the West & struggles, which delights certain people.

Last edited by Fancy Fancy on Wed 11 Dec 2013 - 12:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013 - 11:43

Some good ones so far here's mine

Nintendo

Wii U:
Super Smash Bros out Q4 2014
Wii U Price Drop Q4 2014
Zelda U shown at E3 with a slated 2015 release
Mistwalker announce new game
GameCube Game's not sure if just be VC releases or HD remakes at retail
Third Party no where to be seen

3DS:
Reaches 60m SKU sold by April 2015
2014 not as good as 2013 games wise
Majoras Mask HD
Pokemon Z September Launch
Pokemon Blue/Red Released on VC, compatible with Pokemon Bank
Super Smash Bros 3DS outsells Wii U version

Sony

PS4:
PS4 continues to break records like fast selling console to 10m including best launch in Japan ever
Uncharted the something something not 4, shown at E3 release of 2015 slated
The Order 1866 out Q4 2014 comes with access to Uncharted Multiplayer BETA
Last of Us Next Gen edition announced to come out long side DLC
GTAV Next Gen edition announced and is PS4 console exclusive
Gaikai delay's to Q1 2015
Last Guardian shown at E3, wins best in show slated for Q4 2014 but is delayed
EA's exclusive PS4 game is Star Wars Battlefront
Agnis Philosophy is a Game and is exclusive to PS4

PS3:
Has steady 3rd party support but lacks any major 1st party game

VITA:
VITA 2000 released in the west
Continues to struggle compared to 3DS
Get's lot's of PS4 companion second screen apps
Only one big 1st party game which links to a PS4 game
Sony Market's this as PS4 companion premiere

Microsoft:

360:
Has steady 3rd party support but lacks any major 1st party game

Xbox One:
Sells around half of PS4's number's worldwide, Xbox One really struggle's to sell in Japan
Titanfall becomes best selling Xbox One game, Console sells triple on the games launch
Halo 5 announced for Q4 2014
Price Drop Q4 2014, Kinect still bundled with console
Kinect still pushed
RARE announce new game, downloadable title

Other's:
STEAM machine does okay numbers
SEGA announce's Shenmmue I & II HD
Square delays Final Fantasy XV
Ubisoft Teases Beyond Good & Evil 2

Back to top Go down
Rattlecat
Boo This Man .Gif
Rattlecat

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013 - 17:44

Balladeer wrote:
Rattlecat wrote:

Proper little ray of Sunny , you are. Tongue 

It might sound negative but let's be honest, it's probably the approach they would use.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013 - 20:11

Note: Edited on New Year's Eve, 2013.

Pleased how successful this thread is.  Dance 

Nintendo:

Iwata will remain in charge and won't be fired.
The 3DS version of Smash Bros will be cynically limited in some way, in order to encourage Wii U sales. My guess is it will lack online and/or be released months later after the Wii U version.
Nintendo Directs will once again take precedence over E3.
New Metroid, but it might not be in a form fans will like.
New Advance Wars.
A Wii U rebranding/redesign will take place. It won't look like a Wii and will be cheaper to manufacture.
Nintendo won't remove the gamepad from the Wii U.
Wii U will sell better in 2014 than it did in 2013, mainly thanks to Smash and Mario Kart.
Europe will finally see Devilish Brain Training released.
Nintendo will continue to ignore the requests to put actual games on iOS and Android.
A Bayonetta 2-esque third party exclusive will appear.
2DS will hit Japan.

Sony:

A new Crash Bandicoot game will appear.
After the initial launch rush, PS4 sales will slow.
Gaikai will ultimately prove to be disappointing and no match for native backwards compatibility.

Microsoft:

Much like the PS4, Xbox One sales will also slow after the initial hype.
There won't be a Kinect-less version.

Other:

The Ouya 2 will flop harder than the Ouya 1. There won't be an Ouya 3.

Last edited by Axis1500 on Tue 31 Dec 2013 - 14:36; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. EmptyThu 12 Dec 2013 - 1:55

beemoh wrote:
General
*Moaning to still be the most popular game in 2014.

Spot on.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. EmptyFri 13 Dec 2013 - 1:22

JayMoyles wrote:
Jolly Smurf wrote:

Why do you reckon that? The first one was pretty decent from what I played of it.
Far too much hype for something that I can't imagine being much different from the first one, the most enjoyable parts of the game will probably disappear up Kamiya's own arse.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. EmptyFri 13 Dec 2013 - 12:56

masofdas wrote:
Some good ones so far here's mine

Nintendo

3DS:
Pokemon Blue/Red Released on VC, compatible with Pokemon Bank

I predicted that on the StreetPass Manchester predictions thread. Gosh, it better come to pass...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. EmptyFri 13 Dec 2013 - 13:03

It won't be the original RB if it's compatible with "da Bank", because there was something that changed in how the stats. worked between the second & third generations. That's why you can transfer Pokémon from RSE to XY (when Bank comes out anyway), but no earlier. And I can't see Nintendo bothering to rework the way the stats. work for a VC release.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. Empty

Back to top Go down

The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next