We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread

Go down 
+20
JayMoyles
Kriken
The_Jaster
Gwyn400
Muss
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Pineapple
flora-chan
Slazo
Axis1500
Sentinator
NintenDUCK
Sylveon
masofdas
beemoh
fronkhead
shanks
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread EmptyFri 27 Dec 2013 - 9:21

I suppose I should write a grand introduction here for the opening of this thread, but my heart just isn't in it right now.  I figured since we had one of these back on Ngamer it was worth seeing how an attempted rebirth of it is.  To help keep things open this place is for all anime, manga, and merchandise discussion and general showing off.  Got a new figure?  Flaunt it!  Just watched or read a series?  share your thoughts!   Smile 

Alas this isn't only started because of pure desires, I also wanted to ask a question.  Right now I'm kind of in the dumps so I'm thinking of just burying myself in some anime I haven't watched before that are sitting on my shelf over the next few days, but I've no idea if I should watch them dubbed or subtitled.  The series are Birdy The Mighty Decode, fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, gurren lagann, and eureka seven.  I'm assuming Birdy and fma are fine as they're funimation dubs and they seem to have a good track record, but if anyone's seen the other two some thoughts would be welcome.  

Actually that could make a good beginning subject to break the ice.  Which do you typically prefer to watch, subtitled with japanese audio or english dub?  I'm more of a dub kind of guy, but only if the dub is well done, I also have no problems going subtitled if the dub is poorly acted or incredibly unfaithful to the source.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread EmptyFri 27 Dec 2013 - 10:28

SUBSUBSUBSUBSUB. Subtitled all the way. Too many bad experiences with whiny American VAs. As such, I can't help you much: I've seen both Gurren Lagann and the first part of FMA:B, but both with subs. only.

I'm not watching anything at the moment, but my favourite anime of all time is Hikaru no Go. It's about a kid learning to play a board game, but the character work is brilliant.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread EmptyFri 27 Dec 2013 - 10:58

I'm a dub man. I'd rather hear some dodgy American voice than some irritating Japanese voice that I have no idea what they're saying. Might as well watch it with the sound off!

I think I've seen Eureka Seven, it sounds very familiar but for the life of me I can't remember anything about it. Can't imagine the voices were too bad though.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread EmptyFri 27 Dec 2013 - 13:06

You can't go wrong with FMA, and Gurrenn Lagann is just plain awesome in sub or dub.

I'm currently going through Fairy Tail again and going to finish Senran Kagura at some stage
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread EmptyFri 27 Dec 2013 - 22:16

Not a fan of dubs myself. Too often do they sound out-of-character.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread EmptySat 28 Dec 2013 - 0:40

Plus these days they seem to get the same VA's for everything.

I only have dubs for when on night shift and I can't read the subs
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread EmptyWed 1 Jan 2014 - 12:31

Well I'm almost finished with Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood right now and this series has been a complete joy so far.  The first 13 or so episodes felt more like a recap than anything else, but once the new material had a chance to establish itself I found myself going nuts for this one.  The only sad part is I'm almost at the end, six more episodes to go and it's all done.  

Also in anime news that most are probably already aware of Sword Art Online has had a second series announced to the surprise of probably nobody.

And that's that, all finished. The ending was far more satisfying than the downer that was the ending for the first series, no silly nazi Germany parallel world shenanigans.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread EmptyThu 2 Jan 2014 - 5:35

Athrun888 wrote:

Also in anime news that most are probably already aware of Sword Art Online has had a second series announced to the surprise of probably nobody.

Still didn't make us less excited when announced.  Bounce 

Also glad to hear that Fairy Tail will be back anime wise in April and that one of the manga I'm reading's anime will start on the 11th (Nisekoi)
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread EmptyFri 3 Jan 2014 - 11:26

shanks wrote:
Athrun888 wrote:

Still didn't make us less excited when announced.  Bounce 

Also glad to hear that Fairy Tail will be back anime wise in April and that one of the manga I'm reading's anime will start on the 11th (Nisekoi)

Yeah, I hear the next arc of sword art online is supposed to be one of the best ones so I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully the villain in the next arc is less of a freak, I'll admit I didn't really like the second arc all that much and the villain had a good bit to do with that. I'm also happy about the fairy tail announcement, I haven't watched it yet but I was planning to and was put off when I heard it was getting canceled, but the news it's getting continued has made me interested in checking it out again.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread EmptyFri 3 Jan 2014 - 11:38

It ended as it caught up to the manga and they didn't do a filler arc.

And I hated Sugou and what he did to Asuna. As for the bad guy if you saw the Extra edition episode you'll have seen the bad guy for the next arc
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread EmptyFri 3 Jan 2014 - 11:53

Ah so that's why the first fairy tail series stopped. Well that's good to hear, honestly I wish more series went with the stopping when they catch up to the source material approach. And I guess I'll just have to wait to see the villain for the next arc then, I skipped the extra edition special since it sounded like a recap episode with the obligatory beach style episode added in and I'm not really a fan of those sorts of episodes.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread EmptyFri 3 Jan 2014 - 12:37

Yeah that's what it is
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread EmptyMon 6 Jan 2014 - 4:37

Which FT figure should I get?

Lucy 1

Lucy 2

Though if I get Lucy 2 I feel like I'd have to get these as well..

Wendy

Erza
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread EmptyMon 6 Jan 2014 - 7:48

Out of those two I'd go for the first one.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread EmptyMon 6 Jan 2014 - 9:00

Lucy 1 then?
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread EmptyTue 7 Jan 2014 - 10:39

Well ultimately it's your choice, so I say pick whichever you like the best.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread EmptyTue 7 Jan 2014 - 10:59

Yeah I decided to get Lucy 1 as I want a different Erza if they ever make any more
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread EmptyWed 15 Jan 2014 - 10:40

I finished Gurren Lagann yesterday, it certainly lived up to its reputation.  The fights went beyond awesome and in to insane territory by the end of the series, and the cast was mostly very loveable.  The music was also really awesome, and I'll be making sure to grab a copy of the soundtrack in the near future, while I'm sure most peoples favourite themes are the obvious libra me from hell and so on, mine are these.  Spinning Spinning spinning Spin!, Spinning Spinning Spinning Spiiinniiing, and The Blue Monday Electrical Parade.  

Now for the cons, what few I have.  
Major spoilers:

Yeah I can be a sap sometimes, so I guess it wasn't really a con since it did what was intended.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread EmptyWed 15 Jan 2014 - 11:10

Yeah I wouldn't really call it a con. Plus at least they got married
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread EmptyWed 15 Jan 2014 - 11:16

Ooh yes, that is not a happy moment. Aww! My major major low point of the series was Yoko. 14-year-old fanservice, and the kiss of death thing. Pretty great otherwise!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread EmptyWed 15 Jan 2014 - 11:24

In other news I see Shonen's big 3 are back this week which is good as really want to see what happens in One Piece with "him" being alive.
And Nisekoi anime started last week and got a good reception which is good. (For me, do like the series)
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread EmptyThu 16 Jan 2014 - 15:20

Balladeer wrote:
Ooh yes, that is not a happy moment. Aww! My major major low point of the series was Yoko.  14-year-old fanservice, and the kiss of death thing.  Pretty great otherwise!

Wait, Yoko was only 14? On the bright side Yoko by the end of the series was older than most heroins in anime! And unlike a certain other famous mecha series that has received some reboot movies they didn't create some bull excuse to keep her at 14.

In other news I started watching Chunibyo yesterday and finished the first season. Normally I wouldn't watch shows of this genre as they usually from what I can tell just end up being harem fanservice series but gave this a shot because I was bored and the studio behind it has a good track record and as the saying goes you should always try new things. I haven't laughed that much in a long time. The first half was fantastic and the second half kept a good amount of comedy mixed with some satisfying character development.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread EmptyThu 16 Jan 2014 - 17:05

I just bought another Kousaka Kirino figurine. It's my sixth one. I need to stop doing this.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014 - 1:01

I'm starting to get worried about my Lucy figure as I ordered it last Tuesday and it was shipped on the Wednesday last week and with it now being a week and 2 days and no figure I'm wondering what is taking her so long to get here from Sydney..
And the tracker number is "invalid" according to Aus Post..  Drama queen 
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014 - 1:34

I'm finding each episode of Golden Time to absolutely sail by.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread
Page 1 of 28Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next