We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread

Go down 
+20
JayMoyles
Kriken
The_Jaster
Gwyn400
Muss
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Pineapple
flora-chan
Slazo
Axis1500
Sentinator
NintenDUCK
Sylveon
masofdas
beemoh
fronkhead
shanks
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014 - 11:57

I not sure if you guys would say it's manga but I bought all 6 scott pilgrim books and there black & white paperbacks. I've read a chapter seems good. I do have my zelda manga boxset aswell (sealed). I've always wanted to get into more anime then manga but never know where to start and when I do see DVDs of something I've heard of like a ghilbi film there always so dam expensive.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014 - 12:51

I was told about "Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de" today and I think you all should watch, that's all I'll say as I really don't want to spoil it. it's also 3 episodes long
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014 - 12:53

I wouldn't say that Pilgrim's manga. I would say that it's great. The film ranked as one of my all-time favourites, until the comics blew it out of the water for me.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014 - 12:54

Should Read the Zelda Manga though it's rather good
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014 - 12:57

Not opening my Zelda Manga ever
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014 - 13:00

Read it online then
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014 - 13:05

masofdas wrote:
Not opening my Zelda Manga ever

What's the point of it then? Confused 
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014 - 13:06

It was a xmas present, still not opening though. I have sealed games as well.

Have any of you read anything else by the scott pilgrim author.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014 - 13:19

Nope, although he likes Homestuck so he's okay in my book.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014 - 13:29

I don't know what that is.
Back to top Go down
Sylveon
Chuffster
Sylveon

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014 - 13:41

Have you watched me, I've got my own film.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014 - 14:14

Yeah I've seen you in the short before the Genesect movie and even in the latest XY episode
Back to top Go down
Sylveon
Chuffster
Sylveon

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014 - 14:28

I was so fabulous in them all.

Fame has gone to Pikachus head though not for me to kiss & tale.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014 - 22:49

So there's a tale of you kissing Pikachu? Did you drain it's energy?
Back to top Go down
Sylveon
Chuffster
Sylveon

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 2 EmptySat 18 Jan 2014 - 18:50

I would not go near the berry addicted rodent.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 2 EmptySat 18 Jan 2014 - 19:05

Started watching dragon crisis (subbed) just now (finished off episode 2) and it seems pretty good. I think I've given up on following Fairy Tail though, its just lost my interest recently.
I'm also trying to get back into the Kingdom manga but after coming back to it after not reading it for a while I feel like an olympic swimmer who, after being in a coma for 1 month, wakes up only to be thrown immediately into a nearby ocean. The pictures are still pretty though.  Studying 
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 2 EmptySat 18 Jan 2014 - 22:59

You've lost interest in Fairy Tail?!?!?
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Jan 2014 - 0:18

Not entirely, just for the moment. I don't think I have the attention span at the moment to continue a long(er) series like that.I'll pick it up again when I have less on. For now it's the shorter ones I'll be watching (Insert dwarf joke here).
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Jan 2014 - 10:33

I discovered crunchyroll is now letting australians watch kill la kill yesterday, so I finally got to watch it.  I got through episodes 1 to 12 in one sitting, and it was a complete blast.  Exactly what I'd expect from the masterminds behind gurren lagann, it's loud, over the top, ridiculous, epic, and completely unapologetic about the hilarious amounts of fanservice.  And to their credit the females weren't the only ones stripping in their transformation sequences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfSQMgwWFzc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSOQSqlZQNc
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 26 Jan 2014 - 9:36

Kill la kill isn't bad. Same with Nisekoi
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Jan 2014 - 18:33

Man at Arms just forged something fullmetal alchemist fans will like.   Grin 

Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 11 Feb 2014 - 10:07

Well since this has been dead for a while lets try to spark a bit of a discussion! What's everyone's favourite anime series, and why?

Mine would be code geass, because of the delicious combination of a fabulous protagonist that's more a villain than a hero, a huge flare of style, lots of fun action, and just general insanity. That all said and done I am close to saying gurren lagann, but I'll wait for another few months to see if it's just the post-series honeymoon talking or if it's genuinely bumped cg off as my favourite.

Also while I've been away I did watch a few series, log horizon and golden time. They've both been a really fun watch, with log horizon doing a good amount of justice to a show with its premise and golden time with the perfect combination of romance and comedy coupled with a great cast of characters. The only thing I don't like about golden time would be ghost banri for obvious reasons.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 11 Feb 2014 - 10:19

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 2 1hikaru800

It forgoes all the explosions and psychology of other animes and concentrates really hard on character development. Guess what my favourite part of pretty much any work of fiction is?
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 11 Feb 2014 - 14:30

I'd have to say One Piece because it has the right amount of humor and seriousness
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 2 EmptySat 22 Feb 2014 - 19:28

I just finished watching Psycho-Pass, an excellent series all up. It was for the most part a slow paced series, and it did it very well. I'm sure most people who watched it loved the main villain, and while he was a very enjoyable one I can't say he got to the point where he's so enjoyable I can overlook the crimes he commits like I can with other awesome villains. Meanwhile the lead was an interesting one, typically when a series decides to have a female lead they tend to make them very masculine in behavior and personality and basically in to an action-girl, but not the case with Akane and I very much appreciate the change from that norm. And unlike some series that try to buck the norm she wasn't a spinless wimp saint type either. Her development over the course of the series was nicely done and satisfying to watch.

All up a very satisfying watch, my personal rating would be 9 out of 10 and my attempt at a more impartial rating would put it at a very good 9 out of 10. A series I would recommend to anyone who wants to watch a very grounded series.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread
Page 2 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next