We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alien Isolation (release date announced)

Go down 
+3
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Alien Isolation (release date announced)  Empty
PostSubject: Alien Isolation (release date announced)    Alien Isolation (release date announced)  EmptyTue 7 Jan 2014 - 22:49

Now I know what you might be thinking, colonial marines was a load of old pish but the devs for this are taking a survival horror approach and NOT making it an action game.

I'm trying to contain my excitement for it but it just sounds really great.

Hands on preview: http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/07/alien-isolation-hands-on-preview-sci-fi-survival-horror-4253264/

Dev Interview: http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/07/alien-isolation-interview-we-keep-scaring-ourselves-4253295/

So anyone else like the sound of this?

Last edited by The_Jaster on Sat 29 Mar 2014 - 15:40; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Alien Isolation (release date announced)    Alien Isolation (release date announced)  EmptyTue 7 Jan 2014 - 23:01

Survival Horror!? They were struggling enough with action Razz I've really should get around to seeing the Alien films some day...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Alien Isolation (release date announced)    Alien Isolation (release date announced)  EmptyTue 7 Jan 2014 - 23:10

Survival horror is a better fit for the franchise though & yes you really should watch the films.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Alien Isolation (release date announced)    Alien Isolation (release date announced)  EmptyWed 8 Jan 2014 - 10:05

You've never watched the Alien films, how is that even possible.

Survival Horror would suit it more then action, but still think it will be bad like pretty much every other Aline game which doesn't have VS Predator with it.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Alien Isolation (release date announced)    Alien Isolation (release date announced)  EmptyWed 8 Jan 2014 - 10:37

I'm not good with films pre 2008ish and I'm not a whole lot better after. (Mostly Romcoms, Pixar and Marvel)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Alien Isolation (release date announced)    Alien Isolation (release date announced)  EmptyWed 8 Jan 2014 - 10:39

Why Pre2008, and does that mean you've not seen Star Wars, Matrix, Die Hard, Bonds, Pulp Fiction, Robocop, Rocky. I could go on.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Alien Isolation (release date announced)    Alien Isolation (release date announced)  EmptyWed 8 Jan 2014 - 10:50

Because I had a couple of girlfriends and a job with a bit of cash to go to the cinema.

I've seen Star Wars and Matrix but none of the others. I've only just got around to seeing Terminator 1&2, Ghostbusters and Reservoir Dogs last year.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Alien Isolation (release date announced)    Alien Isolation (release date announced)  EmptyWed 8 Jan 2014 - 11:55

Quote :
Survival Horror would suit it more then action, but still think it will be bad like pretty much every other Aline game which doesn't have VS Predator with it.

Thats being a bit dismissive & it also doesn't sound like you've read the preview or the interview, with CM the alarm bells were ringing at the preview stage & it isn't the case with this.

I'm just saying its worth keeping an eye on.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Alien Isolation (release date announced)    Alien Isolation (release date announced)  EmptyWed 8 Jan 2014 - 14:31

They've already done better by making it a survival horror - which Colonial Marines should have been from the start.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Alien Isolation (release date announced)    Alien Isolation (release date announced)  EmptyWed 8 Jan 2014 - 16:29

My understanding is that there are no current plans for it to be on the Wii U. Sad
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Alien Isolation (release date announced)    Alien Isolation (release date announced)  EmptyThu 9 Jan 2014 - 1:02

Aye sadly doesn't look like we'll see the gamepad as a motion tracker Sad
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Alien Isolation (release date announced)    Alien Isolation (release date announced)  EmptyMon 13 Jan 2014 - 10:53

Looking more info on this, the devs have only really done Total War and not much else. Seems weird to go RTS from Survival Horror genre but I guess every dev has try something new.

What I'm pleased to hear that is they are taking influences from Bioshock & Dishonored, which are both excellent games.

The only bad thing is that the trailer looks excellent (hasn't this happened before) which is alpha footage, so I'm still a bit weary of this.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Alien Isolation (release date announced)    Alien Isolation (release date announced)  EmptyMon 13 Jan 2014 - 20:04

It's fair to be a bit weary as there hasn't been a good console Alien game in a long time BUT it seems like they haven't experienced as much difficulties as gearbox did (CM when through many incarnations) which is why it was a mess because it was pulled in so many different directions.

Creative assembly however seem to have their vision nailed down & going in one direction.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Alien Isolation (release date announced)    Alien Isolation (release date announced)  EmptyTue 11 Feb 2014 - 19:38

Double post Razz

Here's a bunch of new screenshots http://news.alienisolation.com/2014/02/05/spoiling-you-with-more-in-game-screenshots/
Back to top Go down
Zaphod_B
Wonderful
Zaphod_B

PostSubject: Re: Alien Isolation (release date announced)    Alien Isolation (release date announced)  EmptyTue 18 Feb 2014 - 9:29

The_Jaster wrote:
Double post Razz

Here's a bunch of new screenshots http://news.alienisolation.com/2014/02/05/spoiling-you-with-more-in-game-screenshots/

Looks lovely (disclaimer, so did A:CM)! Really sad there's no Wii U version. I have a 360 I can play this on, but I find it a pain to use now (just age and mistreatment have made it much, much slower and noiser than my Wii U), and the motion tracker on the Wii U screen would have been awesome *le sigh*
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Alien Isolation (release date announced)    Alien Isolation (release date announced)  EmptyTue 18 Feb 2014 - 9:39

Ahhh, I don't want to get my hopes up because I remember the early looks of A:CM we were shown looked great... and so does this. Let's hope it translates to good gameplay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Alien Isolation (release date announced)    Alien Isolation (release date announced)  EmptyWed 19 Feb 2014 - 21:12

I'm quietly confident it will.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Alien Isolation (release date announced)    Alien Isolation (release date announced)  EmptySat 29 Mar 2014 - 15:41

This game will be out October 7th.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Alien Isolation (release date announced)    Alien Isolation (release date announced)  EmptySat 29 Mar 2014 - 19:04

I played the demo at Rezzed - I know it's only pre-alpha, but the map screen stopped working after the first press, and the game crashed in the middle.

BUT

It is atmospheric, and definitely makes a much better go at "Alien" than Colonial Marines; one assumes the technical issues can be fixed also. So, positive at the moment.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Alien Isolation (release date announced)    Alien Isolation (release date announced)  EmptySun 30 Mar 2014 - 0:12

That's good to hear. Smile
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Alien Isolation (release date announced)    Alien Isolation (release date announced)  EmptyWed 9 Jul 2014 - 18:12

Now this is a nice pre-order bonus.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/09/alien-isolation-has-best-pre-order-bonus-ever-sigourney-weaver-and-cast-in-special-movie-missions-4792286/
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Alien Isolation (release date announced)    Alien Isolation (release date announced)  EmptyWed 9 Jul 2014 - 18:20

Does seem like a good preorder bonus, shame about when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Alien Isolation (release date announced)    Alien Isolation (release date announced)  EmptyWed 9 Jul 2014 - 18:25

I know a lot of big releases are out October but this is easily the one I'm most excited for.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Alien Isolation (release date announced)    Alien Isolation (release date announced)  EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014 - 10:00

It's in my maybe pile or something to put on the xmas.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Alien Isolation (release date announced)    Alien Isolation (release date announced)  EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014 - 21:17

Ahhh fair enough I'm just a massive Alien/Ridley Scott fan so this is always going to go above anything else, need to get my pre-order in soon but I'm unsure if I want it on ps3 or 4 yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alien Isolation (release date announced)    Alien Isolation (release date announced)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Alien Isolation (release date announced)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next