Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Drives Us Up The Wall

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  SONMSONM  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - released everywhere - early 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Mani Mani Statue

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - released everywhere - early 2015   Fri 7 Oct 2016 - 19:12

I see what you mean but not sure if I can agree fully especially on that last part, like I mentioned to you's on skype the maps (The returning ones from older games) in MHGen lose a lot of the verticality or at least they aren't as well designed as the maps in MH4U & I think that one little thing made the combat more dynamic than the arts/styles do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OrangeRakoon
Flock Step Bird

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - released everywhere - early 2015   Wed 12 Oct 2016 - 16:19

Loss of verticality is only really an issue if you're trying to mount monsters though, the core gameplay isn't changed. If you really want to mount, that's what aerial style is for!

Personally I love some of the returning maps - Forest and Hills and Snowy Mountains especially. The worst map in the game is probably the desert from MH4.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sonm.uk
The_Jaster
Mani Mani Statue

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - released everywhere - early 2015   Thu 13 Oct 2016 - 6:53

I'd say the monsters act that bit differently when in maps with more verticality though (well they did in 4U) & it's a bit of a shame to lose some of that in MH Gen, you are correct that aerial style is the replacement for it (a style I've used a lot) but it's different feeling from positioning yourself to a ledge and launching your attack at the correct time.

Anyhow I love both games but if I had to pick I'd say MH4U edges it, can't wait to see what they do with Monster Hunter 5.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drunkalilly
Orne

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - released everywhere - early 2015   Thu 13 Oct 2016 - 11:07

I think a more apt comparison than FIFA and PES would be Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2. MHGen gets you inot the good hunts quicker, streamlines all the villages and menus and introduces lots of cool, fun little gameplay additions. MH4U doesn't have those advantages when you're going back to it, but when you pick it up for the first time that is unparalleled. The pacing, the story, the character and the overall atmosphere makes it a much more memorable and enjoyable experience.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk
JayMoyles
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - released everywhere - early 2015   Fri 14 Oct 2016 - 21:26

You've more or less said what I was going to say in reply to your initial comparison, Drunka. I think, as someone who prefers having even a modicum of story in a game, MH4U will end up being my favourite out of the two. I think having even little scenarios to drive your hunts makes it more of a blast to play through, especially considering I'm playing through solo. Having a reason to hunt these monsters beyond "that monster beat up my son, kill it plz" is such a simple touch, but so effective - it means more coming from characters that mean something to me as well. The characters in Generations don't get built up in any respect as you're meant to already know them from the past games.

But you're right - from a gameplay perspective, the little quality of life changes there make Generations easier to play over MH4U. Different sides of the same coin, 'innit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Drunkalilly
Orne

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - released everywhere - early 2015   Fri 14 Oct 2016 - 21:57

At the moment, MHGen is my favourite but more for the fact I've been playing it when I have, with a full team of hunters.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - released everywhere - early 2015   Sat 18 Feb 2017 - 0:21

JayMoyles wrote:
You've more or less said what I was going to say in reply to your initial comparison, Drunka. I think, as someone who prefers having even a modicum of story in a game, MH4U will end up being my favourite out of the two.

Past Jay predicted correctly - I've just rattled off every Low-Rank quest bar a few multiplayer ones, and I can safely say I prefer this to MHGen now. I've hit my groove with my Greatsword, and I'm rocking a Diablos set with Punish Draw added in with decorations to see me through early High-Rank. I don't feel fatigued with this like I did at points with MHGen. In fact, if anything, I'm motivated more than ever to power through High-Rank and get into G-Rank.

Most importantly though, I bloody love Monster Hunter. What a series - I've spent every night this week rattling out a few hunts in single player before bed without even thinking about another game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Drunkalilly
Orne

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - released everywhere - early 2015   Sat 18 Feb 2017 - 15:21

JayMoyles wrote:
Most importantly though, I bloody love Monster Hunter. What a series - I've spent every night this week rattling out a few hunts in single player before bed without even thinking about another game.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - released everywhere - early 2015   

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - released everywhere - early 2015
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6