We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DS games coming to Wii U VC

Go down 
+9
masofdas
Axis1500
The Cappuccino Kid
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Athrun888
shanks
beemoh
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

DS games coming to Wii U VC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC - Page 2 EmptySat 8 Feb 2014 - 2:27

This is basicslly an offshoot of the graphics/gameplay debate, for me if I like the game enough I'm more willing let how how it looks visually slide & I never think "oh I'd enjoy this more if the resolution was in 1080p" I'm happy to get the games how I remember them.

I do understand where Stu is coming from though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC - Page 2 EmptySat 8 Feb 2014 - 9:41

But not how you remember them though my mega drive, cube etc all look better on my CRT from 1987 (random guess) like it was back in the day, then my fancy pants TV.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC - Page 2 EmptySun 9 Feb 2014 - 22:24

I'm just not fussed about resolutions, I know there's a technical difference between SD & HD but I personally have just never noticed much of a difference when Im playing a game/watching TV/films.

Who knows maybe I just dislike it as its been used as a tool portray games as being better.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Feb 2014 - 14:38

The_Jaster wrote:
I'm just not fussed about resolutions, I know there's a technical difference between SD & HD but I personally have just never noticed much of a difference when I'm playing a game/watching TV/films.

Who knows maybe I just dislike it as its been used as a tool portray games as being better.

What do you mean, so are you saying a SD game like Mario Galaxy and a HD game like 3D Worlds there's not much difference or do you mean playing a HD game in SD looks not that much difference. Also if you can't notice a difference, do you even have a HDTV or see the need for one so a GameCube for instance would like fine for you as it's meant for your TV.

Personally I hate playing anything SD on my HDTV such as my GameCube, it looks better on something it was meant to be used on. Which will the same with DS games on being played on my TV they weren't meant to be played on a 47inch 1080p 800hz TV with a stupid contrast ratio there meant to be played on a DS screen.

I'm dreading what things look like on a 4K TV that aren't in HD when I get one.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Feb 2014 - 21:57

The_Jaster wrote:
This is basicslly an offshoot of the graphics/gameplay debate, for me if I like the game enough I'm more willing let how how it looks visually slide & I never think "oh I'd enjoy this more if the resolution was in 1080p" I'm happy to get the games how I remember them.

I do understand where Stu is coming from though.

I'm not an advocate of "OMG AMAZEBALLS GRAFIX!" as you know, but here it's kind of a combo of resolution and lack of portability. To me it's against the ethos of the DS and its games. Especially when we all have 3DSes that are more than up to the job.

Rant over, though. I do hope this gets more people into some of the stunners in the DS library.

@oldschool: I love the Game Boy Player, but I have beef when it comes to input lag. Not a problem for a massive proportion of the games, but Rhythm Tengoku is damned near impossible to play on my HTDV even with a wired controller (granted, this will vary between gamers due to setups and models of TV). It's a minor miracle how Ninty managed to make Rhythm Paradise work on Wii.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC - Page 2 EmptyTue 11 Feb 2014 - 6:40

There'll surely be something like the borders that came up with the Super Game Boy. If it gets more punters buying a Wii U, I'm for it, but it's difficult to see how. Maybe great swathes of the DS audience have been longing to play their games on a TV screen and are willing to pay more for the privilege, I don't know. Meh
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC - Page 2 EmptyTue 11 Feb 2014 - 20:30

Quote :
What do you mean, so are you saying a SD game like Mario Galaxy and a HD game like 3D Worlds there's not much difference or do you mean playing a HD game in SD looks not that much difference.

Neither of those also I thought I was pretty clear, I was saying if I didn't have an HD TV it wouldn't bother me that much as a resolution won't often ruin or change my enjoyment of a game.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

DS games coming to Wii U VC
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2